If we draft Ryan.........

well, first off - i gotta say - i don't really want him....

....but back to your question: I think the Falcons would not start Matt Ryan but probably would let him start the last 5-6 games of the year after the Falcons would be presumably out of the playoffs.....

...this would be ideal because he would then have game experience going into 2009 and be ready to "be the man" then in Year 2 without having to develop from scratch.

I don't want Matt Ryan or any other qb in the first round. I am not that impressed with any of them. I think we need to address the needs on the o-line and d-line first. If they select Matt Ryan, I will support him and the team. To answer your question, I would bench him for the 1st half of the season and play him in the 2nd half. Let's see what happens! It should be fun!

Michael Skelton (3/3/2008)
I don't want Matt Ryan or any other qb in the first round. I am not that impressed with any of them. I think we need to address the needs on the o-line and d-line first. If they select Matt Ryan, I will support him and the team. To answer your question, I would bench him for the 1st half of the season and play him in the 2nd half. Let's see what happens! It should be fun!

Great post!

falconfrenzy (3/3/2008)
Would we start him immediately & throw him into the fire?Or do we let him sit 1 year and learn even though he might be ready?

ooh i hope everyone gets pissed and starts bad threads on him.. because if IF he becomes the next best qb in the nfl all those ppl that doubted him will be eating thier words

falconfrenzy (3/3/2008)
Would we start him immediately & throw him into the fire?Or do we let him sit 1 year and learn even though he might be ready?

if we do draft him im no longer FALCONS FAN..i was for 15 years i will not be a falcons fan!

hes not worth the 3rd pick

VICK=WIN (3/3/2008)
falconfrenzy (3/3/2008)

if we do draft him im no longer FALCONS FAN..i was for 15 years i will not be a falcons fan!

hes not worth the 3rd pick

Why??

If TD thinks he's worth it, then im all for it, Everyone here has just jumped on to the "Matt Ryan Sucks Bandwagon" some of these posters do know what they are talking about, but alot of these guys saying no to him are just going with what everyone else is saying....

If our scouting dept and TD, who are Professionals and have studied film on him and have actually watched him in the combine and pro days, along with every other scout out there think he's a franchise QB, why and the **** would u listen to these guys on the message board who are just going off of stats on a piece of paper, and youtube highlights???

Ryda003 (3/3/2008)
falconfrenzy (3/3/2008)

ooh i hope everyone gets pissed and starts bad threads on him.. because if IF he becomes the next best qb in the nfl all those ppl that doubted him will be eating thier words

If he does, I'll say yes he's better than I thought, but if we would've drafted him behind our line, he would've been damaged beyond belief (a la Joey Harrington in Detroit).

stumpjumper (3/4/2008)

If he does, I'll say yes he's better than I thought, but if we would've drafted him behind our line, he would've been damaged beyond belief (a la Joey Harrington in Detroit).

STUMP, I WOULDN'T WISH THAT ON ANYBODY. (Joey never got over it either)

REV.2000 (3/4/2008)
falkonX7 (3/3/2008)
If we draft Ryan.... I will cry.

I DON'T KNOW, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN ...... DO YOU HAVE EXTRA KLEENEX?

I may need to go stock up on some.

Seriously though, he may very well turn out to be a great QB and maybe I'm just kinda picky because of what happened with YKW. I just feel like if we draft Ryan at #3 that he would never live up to the hype that all of these 'experts' have created for him. People will be expecting him to work miracles and it just isn't gonna happen. That said, If TD thinks he is the right guy to lead this team then I won't complain if he is drafted. It's just my personal opinion that he isn't worth a top 3 pick.

• 12 years later...
On 3/3/2008 at 9:44 PM, Michael Skelton said:

Sounds familiar