Why is everyone so high on Michael Turner

Turner is not a franchise type RB like some people on this message board are claiming. I must admit that he has looked good in place of Tomlinson in blowouts against teams that just want to go home. If we give this guy a huge contract then it will be just another screw up by the front office.

The same could be said of any player that isn't a longtime productive starter in the NFL....Turner has more than proved that he has elite talent.....it's just carrying the load...something he certainly has the build and mentality for, and what he did in the college, that's under question.

Gunny Hartman (3/1/2008)
Turner is not a franchise type RB like some people on this message board are claiming. I must admit that he has looked good in place of Tomlinson in blowouts against teams that just want to go home. If we give this guy a huge contract then it will be just another screw up by the front office.

Turner has done plenty more than any other rookie or free agent available....You are trippin hard Sir:w00t:

I'd really like Turner here to compliment what we already have in Norwood. The two together could be a great combination in the NFL for a long time. Turner isn't afraid to run between the tackles and break tackles. He's ran hard every time I've watched him. With Norwood being an outside speed and quickness runner and pass catcher I think we could have a great combo if we shore up the non-existent offensive line.

Gunny Hartman (3/1/2008)

he would only cost you half of what D-Mac would.

We haven't even signed the guy yet and you guys are ripping him. If we do get him, why don't you just give the guy a chance. Offensive line will be the key, if we don't address our huge needs at that position, then Walter Payton would suck in our backfield. Build the trenches, put some big massive brawlers up there and we will become a better team over night.

Gunny Hartman (3/1/2008)

Im guessing you didn't watch the playoffs this year...

Although I am a sucker for a big name also, I have been thinking the same thing.

Let's take a look at history.

Lamont Jordan was drafted by the NY Jets and was Curtis Martins back-up (A future Hall of Famer) and put up great numbers in mop up duty and a few starts here and there. Free Agency came around and Oakland give him big money and a long contract and he has not lived up to what many though he would be.

3.8 ypc, one catch for five yards, 0 TD's in the playoffs, for a team that desperately needed production in the red zone. Career high of 80 carries, 11 career catches, 6 career touchdowns, I'd prefer Norwood be the starter, and I've never been an advocate of Norwood being used as a starter.