Cut Brooking and Dunn

re-sign Boley and extend Hall. Asante Samuel's contract has set the bar, not so high I might add. I see Hall, Boley, and Dorsey (if picked) as young building blocks at each level of the defense. Cut the old, dead weight and put the money into the players that can and will make this team better in the long run.

cwell1 (3/1/2008)
The Falcon Ace (3/1/2008)
And who will be our new MLB?
anybody,it's better than having nobody there like we had before.Tony Taylor would be better than Brooking.Hopefully we can draft Curtis Lofton.

It's really sad. Some of these fools think Brooking is irreplaceable. Amazing!!!

geraldg (3/1/2008)
re-sign Boley and extend Hall. Asante Samuel's contract has set the bar, not so high I might add. I see Hall, Boley, and Dorsey (if picked) as young building blocks at each level of the defense. Cut the old, dead weight and put the money into the players that can and will make this team better in the long run.

Agreed. We should have cut Brooking and Dunn the same time as Crumpler, and Coleman.

most of the top FA's are signed. Why keep cutting people if you have no one to replace them with. All the #####'s on here are the only one's complaining about Brooking. Dimitroff already said that Brooking will be a Falcon and that he was "all over the field" last year. He holds the Pro Bowl record for the Falcons. He's voluntarily played out of position 3 out of the last 4 years. The one year he was able to play the WILL spot he tore up the league. He had a team high 4 interceptions, 3 1/2 sacks and still made 115 tackles playing beside Chris Draft and Demorrio Williams at strongside:w00t:. Name one player or coach who has said anything negative about Brooking???? Still thinking....I thought so. I've watched ever game since 98 and Brooking has been a stud every year. People on this board hear something and run with it like it's fact. The only reason why the AJC mentioned him as a possible cut is because he's making alot this year. If the team needed him to he'd restructure. Maybe we should put Norwood at tight end and Boley at defensive tackle next year and all of you next year can talk about how they suck. Quit listening to people on this board like they are football experts and listen to the actual experts.

Yeah Dunn might as well start fitting for one of those RB assistants outfits cause if Turner is signed he's gone...

...and Dimi isn't dumb enough to release Brooking without a PROVEN successor. He'll at least get a vet to "ok" the position out before he releases him and even signs somebody in the Draft.

geraldg (3/1/2008)

I stopped reading at Samuel's deal didn't set the bar all that high I ask you compared to what

geraldg (3/1/2008)
cwell1 (3/1/2008)
anybody,it's better than having nobody there like we had before.Tony Taylor would be better than Brooking.Hopefully we can draft Curtis Lofton.

It's really sad. Some of these fools think Brooking is irreplaceable. Amazing!!!

I didn't say he was irreplaceable. People are always going on and on about cutting people, pretending that some practice squad guy would do better at the position. You don't cut a starter and not even suggest a replacement.

Hopefully, M. Turner and M. Williams get signed on Sunday. When this happens Dunn and Forney are going to be cut. Between the 2 of them Atlanta will save 5.9 million in cap space.

I recall hearing the Falcons were going to move Brooking back to WLB where he is more comfortable and productive. I expect Brooking to re-structure his contract and retire as a Falcon.

I really don't see how TD is going to upgrade the MLB position. There aren't any good options out there in FA and the MLB class this year is weak.

interceptor (3/1/2008)
Cut Dunn...no brainer.....Brooking needs to restructure...no brainer.

Restructuring is how we got ourselves into this mess. We've restructured Dunn and Brooking past their primes and now we're paying big money for worn out players. Brooking would do well in a backup role somewhere else. We need the money more than his pile jumping and rah rah.

For the last time people cutting Keith Brooking now will save this team NOTHING. His cap number and years left on his contract prevent that. So GUESS WHAT- Brooking is here at least for this year. They may get him to re-structure but I can't see them cutting him.