A couple words on why we shouldn't draft anyone high, or sign good fa's.

No Matt Ryan, FLacco, or Henne. Why? Tony Romo, Tom Brady...duh.

No DMac or Turner. Why? Ryan Grant, Terrel Davis, Marion Barber.

No Glenn Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis! Why? Grady Jackson, Rod Coleman, Kelly Greg.

There you have it, folks. It's stupid and wasteful to spend alot of money on players everyone knows is good, when you can clearly see that it's best to build your team through UDFA's, and 2nd day draft picks. When a longshot comes through, once or twice, it's beyond obvious that we should ignore the sure thing, and gamble it all...because as Falcon fans, we can expect luck to be with us....Please, stop the madness.....:crazy:

I love how "football fans" think that Tom Brady is now the norm for QBs. Do you know how long Tony Romo rode the pine before he got his shot at the starting job?

No one will disagree that there are great players in the later rounds, but this is ridiculous. I really hope you aren't being serious.

L.Rover (3/1/2008)
I love how "football fans" think that Tom Brady is now the norm for QBs. Do you know how long Tony Romo rode the pine before he got his shot at the starting job?

No one will disagree that there are great players in the later rounds, but this is ridiculous. I really hope you aren't being serious.

because as Falcon fans, we can expect luck to be with us.....surely that was enough to give it away? I hate sarcasm's inability to make the jump to print.....

Horrible strategy, you named a couple players that got picked in the later rounds that had the chance to sit on the bench for 3 or more years before finally getting a shot. You forget that there were also 500 other players drafted in the later rounds of the draft the past 5 years that havent done anything

Crash (3/1/2008)
Horrible strategy, you named a couple players that got picked in the later rounds that had the chance to sit on the bench for 3 or more years before finally getting a shot. You forget that there were also 500 other players drafted in the later rounds of the draft the past 5 years that havent done anything

he already stated that he was trying to be sarcastic.......

L.Rover (3/1/2008)

I do know this

Jerry Jones kept swinging away at sleepers after Aikman because he knew the secret. get with the program. spend the money onb the lines.

I don't know to what degree you are being sarcastic, but I'm all in favor for trading down for more first day picks. I'd take 2 mid first round picks over pick #3 any day. There are routinely over-hyped prospects who end up busting, and even if they don't, having 2 very good players on different parts of the field or on different sides of the ball is more valuable than having one great player that the other team can focus on, or who could get hurt.

...maybe that's not the issue you're really getting at. I'm fully aware that finding a Tom Brady in round 6 is nearly the stuff of fairy tales.

L.Rover (3/1/2008)

I think Romo got splinters in his butt for 4 years, I could be wrong.

rugger8 (3/1/2008)
I don't know to what degree you are being sarcastic, but I'm all in favor for trading down for more first day picks. I'd take 2 mid first round picks over pick #3 any day. There are routinely over-hyped prospects who end up busting, and even if they don't, having 2 very good players on different parts of the field or on different sides of the ball is more valuable than having one great player that the other team can focus on, or who could get hurt.

...maybe that's not the issue you're really getting at. I'm fully aware that finding a Tom Brady in round 6 is nearly the stuff of fairy tales.

NO, I definitely want to trade down, if at all possible. But not for 10 7th rounders...we need more 2nd and 3rd rounders.

This thread was in response to another that said pass on Turner, because we can get a back just as good late in the draft, or as an UDFA, like Ryan Grant. I was just pointing out the absurdity of that statement.

his goal in that statement was about saving money. That makes no sense, yes you get someone late for cheap. Do you think it is going to be cheap to keep ryan grant when his contracts up for the packers. Cheap now does not equate to cheap forever. Yea tom brady this 6th and 7th rounder that. The guys who have proven to be something will still have their big contracts.