My guess at TD's and Smitty's offseason plan.

This is just my guess at what the Front Office will try to do. And this is not saying that I would agree with all of it, but from all of the rumors and whispers, this is what I think they want to do.

In free agency, I think Flozell Adams is going to be target number 1. He is a great run blocker for a LT, and better at pass protection than what Atlanta has had. I don't like his number of penalties, but he is a lot better than what is here now. TD made a statement about having to pay more than he expected for OL in free agency. More cuts should be coming.

After Flozell, I think the Falcons will target the secondary, and go for guys like Randall Gay and Eugene Wilson, or maybe a Madieu Williams. Safety is a big weakness and there isn't too much help in the draft.

I think the Falcons would really like to trade DeAngelo Hall to Detroit and end up with Shaun Rogers and another first rounder. Whether they are able to do that, I don't know. As far as trades go, i think they will also try to trade a late round pick for J.P. Losman. I'm not a big Losman fan, but Mularkey knows him and he is familiar with Mularkey and the terminology. He has the arm to throw the deep ball. I think this trade has a better chance of getting done than the Rogers trade. This would at least give the Falcons a young QB with starting experience. This isn't to say the Falcons won't draft a QB, but they won't be pressed into reaching for one.

If the Rogers trade doesn't go through, the Falcons will target a DT in Free Agency. Don't be surprised, though, if they try to do a sign in trade involving Hall with Corey Williams. The Packers are looking to trade him to get something for him. This would make some sense, seeing how close the Pack were to the Super Bowl last season and they were toasted by Plaxico in the NFCCG game.

I'm not expecting the DT trades to happen, but in the end I think we may get the first and 3rd from the Giants. And that's what I'll put in my mock.

The Falcons, by doing their best to get a LT, DT, and QB before the draft, will try to set themselves up to draft Darren McFadden. I think Mularkey wants him badly. You put Flozell on the left side, draft a guy like Albert with a first rounder, and your OL is vastly improved. The quickest way to improve an offense is to do that, and then add the dynamic of a McFadden, and you become an explosive running team again, which is going to help any young QB.

Here's a mock:

1. Darren McFadden

1b. Branden Albert

2. Antoine Cason

2b. Trevor laws

3. Darrell Robertson

3b. Tom Zbikowski

3c. Jonathan Goff

4. Keenan Burton

5. Craig Stevens

6. Traded for Losman

7. Steve Octavien

7. Brandon Sumrall

Again, this is my guess at what the plan is, not my plan.

I think that this is a good post. I also think you are close to right too. Theres a chance we may wind up with a soso LT verses flozell because of the name brand though, but i cant see them signing off on a LT in the draft unless they get a top RB in FA. Im also intersted in this news about Jags DT Marcus Stroud demanding a trade. if that happens and we get the LT then we are in a decent position...

I agree with you on Losman too... only i think it will take more than a 6th... but if we have him, and shokley and maybe a rookie like woodson or flacco... we dont take a chance at missing on a soso qb. remember.. td said... QB snoff... it may take a while to find one, but i dont think we are trying to put one into a screwed up position. If we loose bc of a QB we have 2 rooks basically to try out... if that dont work we pick in the top 10 nxt yr and maybe get a guy then... but... we have a good o line/dline and a rback.

The Cush (2/28/2008)
This is just my guess at what the Front Office will try to do. And this is not saying that I would agree with all of it, but from all of the rumors and whispers, this is what I think they want to do.

In free agency, I think Flozell Adams is going to be target number 1. He is a great run blocker for a LT, and better at pass protection than what Atlanta has had. I don't like his number of penalties, but he is a lot better than what is here now. TD made a statement about having to pay more than he expected for OL in free agency. More cuts should be coming.

After Flozell, I think the Falcons will target the secondary, and go for guys like Randall Gay and Eugene Wilson, or maybe a Madieu Williams. Safety is a big weakness and there isn't too much help in the draft.

I think the Falcons would really like to trade DeAngelo Hall to Detroit and end up with Shaun Rogers and another first rounder. Whether they are able to do that, I don't know. As far as trades go, i think they will also try to trade a late round pick for J.P. Losman. I'm not a big Losman fan, but Mularkey knows him and he is familiar with Mularkey and the terminology. He has the arm to throw the deep ball. I think this trade has a better chance of getting done than the Rogers trade. This would at least give the Falcons a young QB with starting experience. This isn't to say the Falcons won't draft a QB, but they won't be pressed into reaching for one.

If the Rogers trade doesn't go through, the Falcons will target a DT in Free Agency. Don't be surprised, though, if they try to do a sign in trade involving Hall with Corey Williams. The Packers are looking to trade him to get something for him. This would make some sense, seeing how close the Pack were to the Super Bowl last season and they were toasted by Plaxico in the NFCCG game.

I'm not expecting the DT trades to happen, but in the end I think we may get the first and 3rd from the Giants. And that's what I'll put in my mock.

The Falcons, by doing their best to get a LT, DT, and QB before the draft, will try to set themselves up to draft Darren McFadden. I think Mularkey wants him badly. You put Flozell on the left side, draft a guy like Albert with a first rounder, and your OL is vastly improved. The quickest way to improve an offense is to do that, and then add the dynamic of a McFadden, and you become an explosive running team again, which is going to help any young QB.

Here's a mock:

1. Darren McFadden

1b. Branden Albert

2. Antoine Cason

2b. Trevor laws

3. Darrell Robertson

3b. Tom Zbikowski

3c. Jonathan Goff

4. Keenan Burton

5. Craig Stevens

6. Traded for Losman

7. Steve Octavien

7. Brandon Sumrall

Matthew Pritts (2/28/2008)
If they bring Losman in Dimitroff deserves to be fired for gross negligence.

He's awful!

Let us hope they hire you to replace him, as it appears you have a crystal ball and can tell us what Losman can and can't do in the future.

As for the mock, I don't see the Packers biting on DHall, as their strength is their DB, with Charles Woodson and Al Harris. Woodson is already making a ton of money, they can't really invest more, and Al Harris is a very good CB. That trade just doesn't make sense on their end, IMO.

And your main point is that they address LT, DT, & QB before the draft.... Why? LT is a position of great strength/depth this year and is being called the best OT class in 24 years. And the general consensus is that there will be two elite DT taken in the top 5, why can't we take one? QB is debatable, but there appear to be viable options available later in the draft.

I just don't follow the logic in this "off-season plan"

L.Rover (2/28/2008)
If they bring Losman in Dimitroff deserves to be fired for gross negligence.

He's awful!

Let us hope they hire you to replace him, as it appears you have a crystal ball and can tell us what Losman can and can't do in the future.

. YOu're telling me this And yet you have Andre Woodson in your mock? :blink: :laugh:

YOu're telling me this And yet you have Andre Woodson in your mock? :blink: :laugh:

You are once again missing my point. I am not saying that JP Losman is our answer at QB, I am saying that you post these worthless comments that sound like are pretending to be a football guru, and it appears you don't know what you are talking about, or at least you can't give any reasons. My opinion is that Andre Woodson can be a great QB, but you don't even know what the definition of opinion is......... are you PIT?

est1979smartkid (2/28/2008)
The Cush (2/28/2008)

Here's a mock:

1. Darren McFadden

1b. Branden Albert

2. Antoine Cason

2b. Trevor laws

3. Darrell Robertson

3b. Tom Zbikowski

3c. Jonathan Goff

4. Keenan Burton

5. Craig Stevens

6. Traded for Losman

7. Steve Octavien

7. Brandon Sumrall

then ur thinking is way off

Well Flozell is gone.

L.Rover, I suggested fixing LT in free agency if Flozell was there so that Atlanta didn't have to go rookie there. And I put Albert in the mock as a guard, but eventually would move outside to LT. I think if they fixed tackle in Free Agency, they would still draft tackle.

This was just a guess from all the rumors I heard, not my mock offseason.