Since people love to compare McFadden to Peterson

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcssslTgHBQ

let me get this straight. B/C DMAC finds the creases then due to his superior explosion and speed he out runs "good angles"; is by LBers before they can put more than a hand on him, he is penalized, b/c Peterson didn't have as many runs like that and had to fight through more arm tackles to get yardage. and DMAC still lowers the boom and gets yards after contact just like peterson did in college.

ya'll are real, real funny.

Winners Win (2/27/2008)

Watch these highlights and you'll see what happens to McFadden when he goes up against NFL speed all over the field and a crappy o-line play. If he can't get to the edge he goes down.. ala reggie bush but atleast reggie is more elusive.

A stiff arm isnt breaking a tackle?Do you have any idea how good dmc would look on the USC roster?Bush would bring him his water bottle.If you can look at that and not see greatness we just disagree I guess.
mr pickle (2/27/2008)
Winners Win (2/27/2008)

Watch these highlights and you'll see what happens to McFadden when he goes up against NFL speed all over the field and a crappy o-line play. If he can't get to the edge he goes down.. ala reggie bush but atleast reggie is more elusive.

That's incredible! When McFadden goes against an elite defense, gets zero help from his oline, and doesn't have a qb to take the pressure off him, he doesn't do well. Clearly AD would never do that....oh wait...I remember a certain NC game against USC...hmm....

There isn't a back in the league that's going to do well with terrible runblocking, no passing threat, against an elite defense...not AD...not LT....no one.

Actually, in 2005 McFadden had 13 carries for 88 yards against that USC defense which means he averaged 6.8 yards per carry. In 2006, he had 9 carries for 42 yards which was 4.7 yards per carry against that defense. Clearly when the game got out of hand for the second year in a row and they decided to try to throw a little more. The real issue with picking out that game was that McFadden wasn't accompanied by a good QB and by the middle of 2006 he became the QB in the run-oriented "Wild Hog" offense.

Abe (2/27/2008)
AP did run behind a very good line last year lets not forget that. Oh and that great run was against COLORADO... .

What kind of excuse is that? You can't post a video so you use the weak 'competition' card. We all know Peterson can run agaisnt the highest competition. That's not even debateable, so shelve that weak sauce.

bigduke633 (2/27/2008)
Richard Nixon (2/27/2008)
If McFadden looked even better than that against LSU, we can only imagine his impact in the NFL.
Being more physical might get you hurt in the nfl.I hear that knock on peterson a good bit.

True, but McFadden does not have a very extensive injury history despite how many touches he gets.

halsey (2/27/2008)
Maybe, i've just never seen the tape, but I don't remember McFadden ever breaking tackles in college like Peterson did. Here is a good example:

Now show us one of McFadden. No excuses, just show us a run where he diplays the same power ADAP has.

he doesnt have as much contact since he is a little faster than Peterson just by a step, but that step makes a difference in NFL! DMC is very good running back sometimes makes mistakes when stiff arms, keeps the ball in the inside, but you can teach that.

halsey (2/27/2008)
Maybe, i've just never seen the tape, but I don't remember McFadden ever breaking tackles in college like Peterson did. Here is a good example:

Now show us one of McFadden. No excuses, just show us a run where he diplays the same power ADAP has.

also look at the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdKQuRmOth8

3:12 see some same stuff Peterson does!

anybody who is trying to defend that DMC is as good a contact runner as AP is just lost, or in love with the guy.

DMC is no AP....period. It has nothing to do w AP having his rookie season either. I was a very big fan of trying to get AP. He is the perfect NFL running back. DMC, not as much.

It doesnt mean I dont think DMC is good, but he is not as good as AP. Nobody was coming out of college since Barry Sanders.

I am not sure about how I feel about drafting McFadden mainly because I would want to see how the draft is playing out and to a lesser extent his personal issues.

One thing I do feel sure about though is he is the real deal. I saw him play 3 or 4 times live and IMO he will be a great NFl RB if he stays healthy. The first time I saw him was when he was a freshman and I was at an Alabama game and he just flat ran over Roman Harper and everyone was like ...who the **** is this guy.

1989fan (2/27/2008)
bigduke633 (2/27/2008)
If your compareing to peterson you have to admit that is a good thing.Hes comparable....good stuff.

you can compare him to Jerome Bettis if you want....doesnt mean it is a good comparison.

I would compare DMC to Reggie Bush before Adrian Peterson.

Said the guy with a dorsey picture.........Good comparisons is what Im talking about.I could compare peterson to a stalk of bannanas doesnt mean it would be discussed as much as this thread so maybe theres something to it?Maybe him being drafted higher might be a indicator?Why not compare dorsey to tommy harris?Or a stalk of bannanas.......