Since people love to compare McFadden to Peterson

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

halsey (2/27/2008)
Maybe, i've just never seen the tape, but I don't remember McFadden ever breaking tackles in college like Peterson did. Here is a good example:

Now show us one of McFadden. No excuses, just show us a run where he diplays the same power ADAP has.

Hey, I'll agree with you on this. They are two different types of RB's IMO. And I have to say that nobody can say for sure that Mcfadden is gonna put up the numbers that perterson did in his rookie year. There's no real comparison. I hope the Falcons get Mcfadden, but only if it helps the team overall, not at a price to where it's gonna hurt the team overall though. I would rather see the Falcons build a great team instead of just having another superstar like UKW.

halsey (2/27/2008)
Maybe, i've just never seen the tape, but I don't remember McFadden ever breaking tackles in college like Peterson did. Here is a good example:

Now show us one of McFadden. No excuses, just show us a run where he diplays the same power ADAP has.

I'd also like to see some clips of Mcfadden breaking tackles. Maybe it would ease my mind about us possibly taking him.

bigduke633 (2/27/2008)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdKQuRmOth8

Plenty of stiff arm and power on this one.

Almost all of those stiffarms were when he was out of bounds and the defender was slowing down. As for broken tackles...I don't know if guys falling at your feet and stepping around them are broken tackles.

DMC is all about agility and eluvsiveness, not power like AP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGNwz9jfJCE

here ya go, 20 sec in, and shows different angle.

also, that 74yd run against LSU where Mayock is sayin Highsmith ran him down, well its on youtube also and it is #3 not #7. It was Chris Johnson a freshmen rated the #1 S in the nation who at a nike camp was clocked at 4.5. Chris was in to provide speed and fresh legs, Since it was in the 3rd qter and DMAC had carried the ball a ton of times up to that point he didnt' have fresh 4.3 long speed.

Unless McFadden get drafted by maybe the Patriots, Steelers, Jacksonville, or some other team with a top notch offensive line; McFadden is NOT going to have a rookie year like Peterson.

McFadden is good, but you're not going to see him running over guys like Peterson did. I don't think McFadden has the elusiveness and open field abilities like Peterson does either.

bigduke633 (2/27/2008)
Norwood has 3 tds in 2 years.If you can find fault with those runs god bless.I had the numbers the other day.41 tds anf 4700 yds for dmc vs 2700 15 tds for norwood in college.They arent really close as far as caliber of back.Just my opinion.

And McFadden has 0 TD's in the NFL. Your point?

formul8or (2/27/2008)
bigduke633 (2/27/2008)
Norwood has 3 tds in 2 years.If you can find fault with those runs god bless.I had the numbers the other day.41 tds anf 4700 yds for dmc vs 2700 15 tds for norwood in college.They arent really close as far as caliber of back.Just my opinion.

And McFadden has 0 TD's in the NFL. Your point?

Dmc 2nd pro game he will have more tds than norwood and will never be under him again.Basically....
bigduke633 (2/27/2008)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdKQuRmOth8

Plenty of stiff arm and power on this one.

he is talking about breaking tackles with the power from his legs, not stiff arm. All Day could break out of tackles, but mcfadden would just out run, and and a good bit of the time go down on 1st contact if the defender locked him up well.

Winners Win (2/27/2008)

Watch these highlights and you'll see what happens to McFadden when he goes up against NFL speed all over the field and a crappy o-line play. If he can't get to the edge he goes down.. ala reggie bush but atleast reggie is more elusive.

LMAO that is McFadden's first career game. Usually you get bigger and faster every year in college.

Winners Win (2/27/2008)

Watch these highlights and you'll see what happens to McFadden when he goes up against NFL speed all over the field and a crappy o-line play. If he can't get to the edge he goes down.. ala reggie bush but atleast reggie is more elusive.

That's incredible! When McFadden goes against an elite defense, gets zero help from his oline, and doesn't have a qb to take the pressure off him, he doesn't do well. Clearly AD would never do that....oh wait...I remember a certain NC game against USC...hmm....

There isn't a back in the league that's going to do well with terrible runblocking, no passing threat, against an elite defense...not AD...not LT....no one.