A Blank: "Character and culture matters."

REV.2000 (2/26/2008)
THE SS THOUGHT THAT CHARACTER AND THEIR CULTURE MATTERED TOO. WE KNOW HOW THAT TURNED OUT DON'T WE. IN FOOTBALL CHARACTER AND CULTURE WILL GET YOUR BRAINS BEAT OUT ON THE LINES OF SCRIMAGE. THATS WERE THE MEANEST GUY WINS. YOU GUYS COME UP WITH MORE ANGLES TO VOICE YOUR ISSUES. ............ OH WELL.

Wow, the above provides a lot of insight. Not in the way you would think, though.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the evil emperor (2/26/2008)
birdweiserrr (2/26/2008)
On Mike and Mike this morning he was asked if he has learned anything from the experiences of this past offseason. He said that what happened this past offseason reinforces that character and culture matters.

Now that he's had something happen thats reinforced what he's known all along, I hope we will build a team of character and never have something like this happen again.

With Dimitroff handling personnel and Blank's reinforced understanding of how bad character can destroy a team, I think we are about to see some major chances within the Falcons organization. "Bad apples out" is just step one.

It's a great time to be a Falcon fan. I believe we will be a contender, assuming we stick with this plan, in just a couple of years.

Thank You Mr Blank.

What do you mean "culture" ? So we could never have a chinese quarterback ?

China is a different culture.

:laugh: You can't be serious.. :laugh: You do know there is usually more then one definition for any given word...right?

On a serious note.. I think it's a great idea for the Falcons to have a corporate culture/identity, it has worked for several teams including the Giants, Pats and Colts, if you don't fit the "system" you don't need to be associated with the team. There is nothing wrong with having a positive culture surrounding a team...it doesn't mean they're all going to be awful on the field just because they have high standards, most of the great companies and sports teams in todays world have a certain identity/culture that employees/players stand behind. In the corporate world companies like Apple and Microsoft have very strong corporate cultures and they succeed the same could be said for Home Depot under A.Blank.. there's no reason why success of the football field can't come from having culture as well.

jesse58 (2/26/2008)
maybe we could get TD to change the culture around here. it's be a tough job, being that there's so many suspect fans.

How about a few more critical sacks and run stops in the 4th quarter to go along with the TD culture change.

Rev.Jesse Jackson. (2/26/2008)
tom Baldwin (2/26/2008)
Blank is still stuck on stupid or otherwise he wouldn't have hired a nobody head coach and a kid for a gm.
I agree

You agree? There's a shocker.....

T.urds of a feather................

This is nothing new. The Falcons have had a so called Falcon Filter for years which was intended to bring in high character guys. We passed on T.O, Moss and several other for this very reason. The Falcons have done a poor job drafting and obtaining solid free agents and that's why this team folded like a deck of cards. YKW was just masking problem.

gritblitzer (2/28/2008)
Rev.Jesse Jackson. (2/26/2008)
tom Baldwin (2/26/2008)
Blank is still stuck on stupid or otherwise he wouldn't have hired a nobody head coach and a kid for a gm.
I agree

You agree? There's a shocker.....

T.urds of a feather................

baldwin is a troll. thats why rev. jj agreed.

uup115 (2/28/2008)
YKW was just masking problem. .

YKW was and still is part of the problem...this team has to carry the albatross of his absurd contract for 2 more years...even if he was not a convicted felon YKW could never produce his cap worth of production.

1. Why are other teams with similar QB contract able to field a good product?

2. His contract never prevented us from picking or signing draft picks.

3. His contracts did not prevent us from paying top dollar for a MLB, WR, DT, and FB which all panned out to be bust.

I'm not saying YKW did not create big problems for this team but clearly management has done a poor job signing and developing talent.