Atlanta contacted Dallas about Hall?

g-dawg (2/26/2008)
gobige (2/26/2008)
I remember what happened the last time we got rid of our most outspoken player that seemed high maintenance (who happened to be a CB) and he ended up with the Cowboys.

NO, you don't remember!!!!!!

Deion Sanders went to the Niners upon leaving Atlanta - got a superbowl ring - played there a few years and then went to Dallas......go back and do your freakin' homework!

Deion played one season for the Niners then went to Dallas winning back to back Superbowls 94 95

For the record, Deion (it is spelled with an "I") was the best "cover" CB of all time. He did, however, tend to shy away from contact, although he really wasn't terrible in run support. Thus, to try and compare him to anyone else is kind of an injustice, because he was just kind of unique. Personally, I believe that Deion's reputation was what really made him so good, because most QBs just refused to throw at him. In today's NFL, Deion would still be very effective as a cover corner in man to man situations, but given how many teams run predominantly a Cover 2 scheme, I am not sure that Deion would be thought of as highly as he was in his day. The reason behind that is that Cover 2 requires your corners to be very good tacklers, and I just don't think Deion would have enjoyed that very much.

As others have stated, it really is kind of impossible to compare players from different generations, simply becuase of how different the game is. However, I do think we will be hard pressed to find anyone with the man-to-man cover skills that Deion possessed.

Back to the original topic,

I think this article is based around trying to lower the value of Hall. By making Atlanta look desparate to move him, they might be able to get him for less.

On the other hand, the article on the AJC site today looks like a shoddy attempt to raise DHall's value by making it look like the team and him are coming to some sort of a compromise.

Or I could be all wrong on this.

The year that Deion came from playing Baseball, he changed our defense. We would litterally give him half the field to cover with no safety help and we would easily shut down the best Offenses. DHall can't cover a single player, much less a side of the field. Just say NO to comparisons between Hall and Neon Deion.

2smooth4ya (2/26/2008)
(All-time, Ever) You are insane Deion was, is, never will be no matter how many times you rewind the 2 Legit 2 Quit video, a complete player

Ok.

The year Deon went to the 49ers, the unstoppable Cowboys were getting their a55es whip by San Fransisco.

It's funny how Dallas was "finally" able to beat them after aquiring that non-complete player in Mr. Deon.

Huh? Finally able to beat them after aquiring Deion?

Deion played with Dallas from 95-99.

In 95 they lost to San Fran in regular season. a Deion-less San Fran.

In 96 they won in regular season against San Fran

In 97 they again lost to a deion-less 49ers in regular season.

They did not play in 98 and 99

They were Super Bowl champs before he got there and won one after he got there.

Deion was a great player, I won't ever deny that, but he jumped on some great 49er and Dallas teams, he did not carry either.

REV.2000 (2/26/2008)
Same Ol Falcons (2/26/2008)

If Hall and Deion were and are such team changers why in the **** did they have to go to already dominate teams to succeed?

NO THE QUESTION IS : WHY DO THE DOMINATE TEAMS WANT THEM, IF THEY HAVE NOT ALREADY SUCEEDED (in your words) ?????????

that what I was asking in the beginning of this freaking thread! this whole thing started with sameolfalcons saying that deon was "nothing" to the cowboys and all I'm saying is that is ridiculous, no matter how you feel about deon.

Dallas might could have beat New England this year if Hall was there. Not because Hall is the best CB in the league, but because he matches up well with receivers who rely on speed to beat people (ala Steve Smith and Randy Moss). Moss is a bad route runner and does not make a living catching short passes and picking up a lot of YAC (like a Welker or a Smith). D-Hall could have played Moss on a loose man coverage all game and not let him get the deep ball without safety help, which would have freed up everybody else to try and stop the Patriots. D-Hall struggles against technical recievers who run good routes, like a Chad Johnson. I bet a healthy Marvin Harrison would eat him to pieces.

Same Ol Falcons (2/26/2008)
scott hartley (2/26/2008)
Uhhh ya that's why they paid him a ton of money to come over form the 49ers who just happened to win the super bowl as soon as deon got there. And for the record, Deon meant alot to every team he was ever on, unlike Eddie George who was a career poop fest.

Deion would have ran for the watercooler if Eddie ran at him - and please explain the back to back Rings Dallas got before him - That's like Hall going to New England and winning one there- it means nothing

If Hall and Deion were and are such team changers why in the **** did they have to go to already dominate teams to succeed?

To put things into context. Deion was sought after by the 49ers and then the Cowboys for an edge against each other when they were both perrennial NFC Championship teams. That underscores his value as they saw it. Any other opinion is moot since he successfully played a pivotal role in taking away each team's best receiver. The Cowboys, for the record, only wanted him after he was successfully used by the 49ers. The point is the Cowboys primarily wanted to sign him away from the team that was a major threat to them winning a championship at that time.

southga08 (2/26/2008)
Dallas might could have beat New England this year if Hall was there. Not because Hall is the best CB in the league, but because he matches up well with receivers who rely on speed to beat people (ala Steve Smith and Randy Moss). Moss is a bad route runner and does not make a living catching short passes and picking up a lot of YAC (like a Welker or a Smith). D-Hall could have played Moss on a loose man coverage all game and not let him get the deep ball without safety help, which would have freed up everybody else to try and stop the Patriots. D-Hall struggles against technical recievers who run good routes, like a Chad Johnson. I bet a healthy Marvin Harrison would eat him to pieces.

Hall's issue was that he did not have good safeties behind him nor a quality middle linebacker in front of him. Milloy was well beyond his prime and crafty but did not possess the speed and athleticism needed to match his football smarts at this point in his career. When he goes to a team with better safety play, you will begin hearing more about him throughout the league. We've patchworked the safety, middle linebacker and defensive tackle positions for many years now. To be totally honest, we're still trying to get by with a less than stellar running back performance. Face it 11 TDs by your starting running back over 48 regular season games (3 years) just will not get it done. It's time to move on.

pencilpusher (2/26/2008)
If this article is true,Dallas appears not interested at all. Yes it's a blog, but it is linked from the front page of the official Cowboys site.

http://blog.dallascowboys.com/blogs/goodti...25/1132997.aspx

"Hall, a first-round pick in 2004 (eighth overall), is so unhappy in Atlanta that it seems the Falcons are just as ready to ship him out.

In fact, the Falcons have called a few teams inquiring a trade, including the Cowboys.

The word is, the conversation didn t even last long enough to see what it might cost to acquire him. "

Ouch. And this is a team that NEEDS secondary help.

Problem with Hall is that the other NFL teams believe he is wanting too much. He tried to pair his salary desires with that of Asante Samuels! Hall is nowhere near as good and this just goes to show how big and over-inflated his ego is. NY has lost interest since he came out with his new price tag.