Bad news for us and d-hall info

atljbo

The Saints are "currently the leader" to sign free agent Asante Samuel, according to FOXSports.com's John Czarnecki.

Nice to see they've realized their Jason David mistake. Samuel's asking price reportedly went up recently because DeAngelo Hall is asking for $10 million a season. Czarnecki says the Giants would trade their first-rounder for Hall, but wouldn't go that high on a contract.

The thing is Asante Samuel is kind of over-rated and the reason i say that is because alot of teams see him as a man to man shut down corner....HE IS NOT ONE

he is a really amazing cover 2 corner and the patriots know that....he will know be the same guy in a man to man scheme.....he will still be good but not like he his now....

pay attention to most of his picks....you will see that most of them was because of the pass rush and he was sitting in a zone(that gives him the chance to break on the ball)

He is a really good player...but he does not fit the saints man coverage scheme like he fits the cover 2 scheme(he is good...but he is not worth that type of money)

atljbo (2/25/2008)
thats why TD is trying to trade him.....we cant pay a CB 10 million a year and we are switching to cover 2....come on now......10 million a year

We will have 23 million to play with hopefully. 10 million even backloaded is going to bite you. we have too many other needs, then a high priced CB. ;) NFL cap room 101.

nativefalcon (2/25/2008)
birdweiserrr (2/25/2008)
D Hall for 10 mil a season? :laugh:

He may not have a choice but to be a Falcon next year. No team will give him that.

its what nate clements got. 80 mill over 8 seasons. ;) Your sure, D-hall is going to want that. :P

Yup because thats 10 mill a year to....d-hall is looking for a 5 year 50 million dollar contract.. the difference is that nate clements received $22.6 million in guarantees...D-hall and Samuel are looking for 30 million guarantees

STEVE WYCHE even said on the radio that he was sitting and talking to d-hall at the combine and d-hall said he is looking to get 10 mil a year

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7837770/Talk-isn

The Falcon Ace (2/25/2008)
Link? Where did the information come from that said Hall was asking for 10m a year?

Also, can I get a link we are moving to cover 2?

Yes, they ran it in Jax, but that was because it matched their players. If we have good cover corners, we may not run a cover 2.

atljbo (2/25/2008)
The Saints are "currently the leader" to sign free agent Asante Samuel, according to FOXSports.com's John Czarnecki.

Nice to see they've realized their Jason David mistake. Samuel's asking price reportedly went up recently because DeAngelo Hall is asking for $10 million a season. Czarnecki says the Giants would trade their first-rounder for Hall, but wouldn't go that high on a contract.

The thing is Asante Samuel is kind of over-rated and the reason i say that is because alot of teams see him as a man to man shut down corner....HE IS NOT ONE

he is a really amazing cover 2 corner and the patriots know that....he will know be the same guy in a man to man scheme.....he will still be good but not like he his now....

pay attention to most of his picks....you will see that most of them was because of the pass rush and he was sitting in a zone(that gives him the chance to break on the ball)

He is a really good player...but he does not fit the saints man coverage scheme like he fits the cover 2 scheme(he is good...but he is not worth that type of money)

asante's team also generated an execellent pass (second in the league in sacks).

dirtybirdz91 (2/25/2008)
Good lord...I like Hall and I don't even think he's worth 10 mil a year! ****, with Vick's ridiculous extension($130 mil/10 yrs, if I remember correctly) he didn't get THAT much(1,300,000 a year). I think if Hall really wants 10 mil a year then he's gonna have to be all Peyton Manning on endorsements.

trust me...Vick got his money......in 2006 his base salary was 1.4 million but his signing bonus was $9,142,857...total cap hit.....$10,542,857

and he wasnt worth that...and he was the QB...lol

GEORGIAfan (2/25/2008)
how does someone ask for 10mil a season?? isnt deals more incentive base, and isnt their base salary small, then it grows with every year. I bet Hall is just doing this, so no team will want him, so he can stay a falcon.

When he say 10 million a year..he means a 5 year $50 million contract ......like nate clements received a 8 year $80 million contract...and no he is not doing it to stay a falcon....my boy at draftdaddy said d-hall is talking to other teams down there in Indy....he and his agent is working on him a deal with potential traders