Mock

Boley59

We trade D hall to giants for pick 31 and a 3rd round pick.

We trade a 7th round pick to denver for RB Mike Bell

1-OT Jake Long

1-QB Brian Brohm

2-DT Dre Moore

2-RB Ray Rice

3-MLB Phillip Wheeler

3-FS Quinten Demps

3-CB Trae Williams

4-OT Kirk Barton

5-TE Kellen Davis

6-DE Eric Foster

7-OLB Robert Killebrew

3rd for kerney 7th for rossum.

this is the second time I have seen someone (maybe it was you, Boley) make a mock that includes trading a 7th to Denver for Mike Bell. I don't have a problem with it, I just didn't know he was on the block.

I have a few concerns with your mock. Does Brian Brohm fall that far? I say no, but it would be great. As for Ray Rice, who I think could be great, but I keep hearing that he is a perfect fit for the zone-blocking scheme, which is what we are moving away from.

Love the Kirk Barton pick in the later rounds, he looked good at the combine.

prov1playa630 (2/25/2008)
what is the deal with herschell dennis from usc never heard of him?

I am assuming you are referring to my 7th round pick.

One draft website calls him one of their sleepers for this year's draft:

Injuries and the depth chart at USC have hindered Dennis ability to put up big numbers during his career. He was behind three senior tailbacks as a freshman, then was the starter as a sophomore. That was the year that LenDale White and Reggie Bush began their Trojan careers. Two knee injuries and stardom for those two has caused Dennis to see more time on the sidelines. He appears to be healthy again even though he spent the year with just mop up duty. When at 100%, Dennis has very good balance, quickness, and elusiveness. He runs tough and has always been an excellent receiver out of the backfield. He has only average size and the health of his knee is a major concern, but do not be surprised to see Dennis make an impact in the NFL.

I like both Dennis and Chauncey Washington, both will be available in the later rounds and both have great potential. USC has collected quite a lot of talent at RB over the past few years, and these are two RBs who got lost in the mix. IMO, they are worth a late-round gamble.

L.Rover (2/25/2008)
As for the mock from Boley, I have one more question: if Brohm goes 20-25 (which is where I predict), would you substitute Andre Woodson? I really think he is a great prospect, and might be available as late as the mid-2nd.

if this is the case i would definatly think about woodson if he throws well at his proday. If not id go with pat sims there and then flacco or henne in the second depending on who is available.

Boley59 (2/25/2008)
We trade D hall to giants for pick 31 and a 3rd round pick.

We trade a 7th round pick to denver for RB Mike Bell

1-OT Jake Long

1-QB Brian Brohm

2-DT Dre Moore

2-RB Ray Rice

3-MLB Phillip Wheeler

3-FS Quinten Demps

3-CB Trae Williams

4-OT Kirk Barton

5-TE Kellen Davis

6-DE Eric Foster

7-OLB Robert Killebrew

3rd for kerney 7th for rossum.

Not a bad mock, if we trade Hall i would prefer we pick up CB early so i would hold off on Brohm and pick up Cromartie if available. Take Ray Rice ( not cause i don't like him, i actually like him alot ) and pick up a QB. Pick up a RB with our first 3rd pick and move all other picks/position down. Jus think we need to address CB early since we're losing our best one.