Dear Michael Vick, GIVE BACK YOUR BONUS MONEY

Brian

Dear Michael Vick,

Give your bonus money BACK to the Atlanta Falcons. From the get-go, you signed your contract knowing you were in VIOLATION of the terms and league rules. Not only are you being incredibly SELFISH, but you are HURTING your team tremendously. We are cutting players, your teammates, left and right because we need cap room and more money. You do understand that NO ONE will take you when you get out jail, maybe except for the Falcons. You are still a member of the Atlanta Falcons. When you are released, it is possible that you will be back on the field in the red, white and black. You keeping your UNDESERVED bonus money prevents your team from making moves to make itself better. This is what you must do in order to truly clear your name, since you say you "must redeem [your]self": Give back your bonus money to the Falcons (this will allow the Falcons to make themself a better team so by the time you may return we have made progress as a team and not still in shambles), stay in shape while you're off the field (jail time included), if you are allowed to try-out/practice with the team in the future BUST YOUR BUTT AND EARN YOUR WAY BACK ONTO THE FIELD, and finally, if you get back onto the field then you give it your all and EARN back your signing bonus, or a portion of it.

Sincerely,

A TRUE Falcons Fan

Brian (2/25/2008)
Dear Michael Vick,

Give your bonus money BACK to the Atlanta Falcons. From the get-go, you signed your contract knowing you were in VIOLATION of the terms and league rules. Not only are you being incredibly SELFISH, but you are HURTING your team tremendously. We are cutting players, your teammates, left and right because we need cap room and more money. You do understand that NO ONE will take you when you get out jail, maybe except for the Falcons. You are still a member of the Atlanta Falcons. When you are released, it is possible that you will be back on the field in the red, white and black. You keeping your UNDESERVED bonus money prevents your team from making moves to make itself better. This is what you must do in order to truly clear your name, since you say you "must redeem [your]self": Give back your bonus money to the Falcons (this will allow the Falcons to make themself a better team so by the time you may return we have made progress as a team and not still in shambles), stay in shape while you're off the field (jail time included), if you are allowed to try-out/practice with the team in the future BUST YOUR BUTT AND EARN YOUR WAY BACK ONTO THE FIELD, and finally, if you get back onto the field then you give it your all and EARN back your signing bonus, or a portion of it.

Sincerely,

A TRUE Falcons Fan

I bet he is writing the check now:hehe:

Brian (2/25/2008)
Dear Michael Vick,

Sincerely,

A TRUE Falcons Fan

Are you serious? You consider yourself a what? Let me ask you this, if we had went to the SB in 04, or even won it, would you still ask him to return it to the team if everything else in history went the same way?

He was stupid and it is sad. But are you going to return your IRS refund this year? You know the gubment, yes the Man, could really use that money. There are very beneficial programs that help truly needy people and they could use that money wisely. What are you going to spend it on?

I heard a very good argument to your nonsense on this board. The guy followed the logic out thoroughly. He said that if that is the case, that we ask him to return earned bonus money, then we are saying his wins and losses are moot.

Then as fans and ticket buyers, we should get our money and time back.

Then we should pretend that any records made or broken by falcon players should be ignored.

Finally, we should act like anything that happened after the Vick trade never happened.

This wasn't a letter to Vick, I'm not ********. I'm just trying to share my opinion with what is going on with his money dilemma. Why should I let it go. Why should he keep it? He signed his contract, the contract the guranteed him that money, knowing he was in violation of it. If the Falcons knew that he was doing what he was doing, they would not have given him that kind of money, ****, they wouldn't have even signed him, no no further back, they wouldn't have drafted him. By with holding the truth, he lied to the team, and knowingly signed a contract he knew he didn't fulfill. Let him EARN his money. Fine he had that one good year where we went to the NFC championship game and lost to the Eagles. But we're not talking about his productiveness. He lied. He shouldn't have gotten that money in the first place. We should get it back. Period.

If anything, they should let him keep it for the cr&p they put out on the field with him. They had superstar talent surrounded by less than stellar compliments and expected miracles. Forget the money for the team going forward, they should have spent it for the team when we had a chance to actually do something great with a great player.

Brian (2/25/2008)
This wasn't a letter to Vick, I'm not ********. I'm just trying to share my opinion with what is going on with his money dilemma. Why should I let it go. Why should he keep it? He signed his contract, the contract the guranteed him that money, knowing he was in violation of it. If the Falcons knew that he was doing what he was doing, they would not have given him that kind of money, ****, they wouldn't have even signed him, no no further back, they wouldn't have drafted him. By with holding the truth, he lied to the team, and knowingly signed a contract he knew he didn't fulfill. Let him EARN his money. Fine he had that one good year where we went to the NFC championship game and lost to the Eagles. But we're not talking about his productiveness. He lied. He shouldn't have gotten that money in the first place. We should get it back. Period.

Glad your standards are so high. I'd hate to be one of your kids. You know he is just a football player. He was not a politician, nor a member of the clergy, a leader of a social movement nor even a very good person.

He lied or misrepresented himself? There is a difference.

So, would ask the same of everyone who failed a drug test or any other banned substance?

What about those that get into any kind of trouble after the fact, like spousal abusers and drunk drivers?

People need to get off the thought that he is owed the money. Arthur Blank gave him a signing bonus to play his entire length of his contract. He was not given the money to get looked up for 23 months. If the people on these message boards are real fans like they say that they are then understand his fuc& up and our loss. We could use that 16.675 million could be used on 2 pretty good players. Instead it is in jail.

matt_jennifer (2/25/2008)
People need to get off the thought that he is owed the money. Arthur Blank gave him a signing bonus to play his entire length of his contract. He was not given the money to get looked up for 23 months. If the people on these message boards are real fans like they say that they are then understand his fuc& up and our loss. We could use that 16.675 million could be used on 2 pretty good players. Instead it is in jail.

If you knew anything about the ruling, then you would know that the judge said he was entitled to all the money except for the portion that he could not earn by not being on the field, i.e: the time that he is locked up in prison.

So, the ruling is for the money that he has already earned. They want to take that money out of his pockets for the time that he has already spent on the field. Forget about Vick for a second and think about that precedent.

If you are any employed person is found to be guilty of doing something either illegal or in violation of an employer's policy, then they can go back and get monies from you. Either bonuses or straight pay, that is still a **** of a thing. Remember, this is irregardless of his performance on the field, which is why all the money was paid for in the first place.

Brian (2/25/2008)
Dear Michael Vick,

Sincerely,

A TRUE Falcons Fan

SHUT UP AND GET OVER IT!!!!!

Brain,

What's this about our money? The money will either belong to Michael Vick or Arthur Blank. He did not get a signing bonus to play the full length of his contract. He earned it the first year of this deal.

Unless Arthur Blank give a few million to people in need, I could care less if Vick set the money on fire.

justcs3 - my standards are high? you're right, I apologize. I shouldn't expect a man to not run a dog fighting ring. it's not like its completely illegal. and i should be completely okay with someone who lied about it and cost his team millions of dollars in cap and forced them to cut half of their stars.

purple label - you are obviously not a real falcons fan. if blank gets that money back, he will reinvest it in the team via free agents, the draft, or resigning our own players.

oh, and justcs3, if you get caught doing steroids, u get a 4 game ban. that's really no big deal at all.

vick is in jail for...what is it, like 23 MONTHS?

steroids=4 weeks, no jail time, right back onto the field, the team doesn't lose a player.

dog fighting ring=nearly 2 years in jail, probably more time off the field with suspensions etc, the team loses the player for atleast 2 years and the player gets worse at his position due to lack of practice and exercise.

see a difference?

Brian (2/25/2008)
justcs3 - my standards are high? you're right, I apologize. I shouldn't expect a man to not run a dog fighting ring. it's not like its completely illegal. and i should be completely okay with someone who lied about it and cost his team millions of dollars in cap and forced them to cut half of their stars.

purple label - you are obviously not a real falcons fan. if blank gets that money back, he will reinvest it in the team via free agents, the draft, or resigning our own players.

So this makes me not a real Falcon Fan? Not only am I a real Falcon Fan. I am also a real person. I am not stupid by a long shot. If you think that Blank will reinvest that money, then you are crazy.

The Vick situation really didn't cost the team nothing. It only cost him. Sure, they would have been better with him. This team's rebuilding is long overdue.

justct3 - the whole argument by the Falcons is that the TEAM will get the money back, not that it will go into Blank's pocket. If the ruling is overturned, then the money will go into rebuilding the team, which you say is what you are for. If you want the Falcons to rebuild as best they can, then you should be hoping that the ruling is overturned. And I never said that you are stupid..