we need a player like dmac

phil shatkin

alright since the departure m vick we have lost a lot of fan base....that means money is lost when it comes to ticket sales, appearal, and pretty much everything with a falcons logo...WE NEED A BIG NAME THAT WILL MAKE PLAYS. that sadly is what puts "fans" in our stadiums seats and puts money in the organizations pockets.

phil shatkin (2/25/2008)
alright since the departure m vick we have lost a lot of fan base....that means money is lost when it comes to ticket sales, appearal, and pretty much everything with a falcons logo...WE NEED A BIG NAME THAT WILL MAKE PLAYS. that sadly is what puts "fans" in our stadiums seats and puts money in the organizations pockets.

Who the **** cares about flashiness.. we need a winning team... enough this ticket sale crap already...

With DMAC's speed he put up in the 40 we should definitely take him first. He'd hit the hole in about .2 seconds, which would mean he'd be flat on his back in about .3 seconds.

We don't need flash, we need beef....Jake Long in the first. Winning will take care of tickets and merchandise.

That's probably what Arthur is thinking at the moment as well. The latest report from the combine has McFadden looking really good. I'm starting to think we will draft him with the third pick. Or I'm looking for a major trade on Draft day that lands us a huge name from another team. Either way, ticket sales for next year are not going to be good unless there is a big new star here.

I for one am ready for the long haul, and would prefer substance over flash, but I can understand the need to market the team more positively asap.

I believe the team can be marketed positively without putting all the eggs in one basket again. It will be a win ,lose situation with a star player. If he is injured then what happens the rest of the year? I think Dimitroff and Smith are trying to avoid that by building a team first and allowing the "stars" to shine on their own.

phil shatkin (2/25/2008)

we need DMC but not for any of these reasons

winning will bring the fans bk