If Chris Johnson played at a big time school with lineman opening up big holes in front of him...

halsey

BadBunch (2/25/2008)
Well before then. He would have been none as a sleeper.. Not to mention. He will still go in the 3rd or 4th round.

I think he may have worked himself into the 2nd. If he goes to a team with a creative OC, he should do well. Whichever teams gets him, they better find ways to get him the ball a lot.

Richard Nixon (2/28/2008)
It was impossible for this to not develope into a McFadden thread, at least a hater started the comparison.
Are you talking about me? I'm not a McFadden "hater"(anyways, when did Darren McFadden develop his own "haters" and "lovers"?). I give him credit in that he's probably the best overall weapon available in this draft. I just don't look at him for any more than he truly is. He's a very good weapon that can get to the edge quickly and catch well out of the backfield. Running between the tackles, which is what RUNNING backs are supposed to do, is his biggest weakness. Mike Mayock says what I've been trying to say for the last few months best: His legs go dead on contact. All of the best backs in the NFL keep their legs pumping until they're down by contact. McFadden looks like he's paralyzed when he gets hit. He just stops. He might fall forward for an extra couple of yards, but the idea is that he falls. That's what makes Mendenhall and Stewart so much better is that they can get hit multiple times and still keep moving because of their leg drive. Chris Johnson has a much better leg drive than what I've seen from Darren McFadden.

Wow he is one quick man and he runs hard up the middle too. I saw more than just relying on speed to the outside. I'll have to find more film on him since I only saw him against Boise State and VT. He does run harder than Reggie Bush and seems to have that kind of agility. He would make a great kick returner, but we already have Jerious who is insanely fast and agile. I think we really need a power runner more than anything because we definitely don't have an offensive line that could open up big enough holes for him to get to the 2nd and 3rd levels and use that agility and speed to take it to the house. Overall, great prospect and a 4.24 is crazy fast, and if we weren't in rebuilding mode, I'd say let's take a flyer on him.

Chris Johnson is an amazing athlete an absolute burner,but when you start comparing him to Mcfadden you are setting yourself up for failure. The only thing they have in common is that they are both elite athletes.Mcfadden is a much better runner than Johnson and all this stuff about legs going dead on contact is crap. I am a huge SEC fan and I have watched Mcfadden since he got to college and I don't remember his legs going "dead" on contact. People put too much stock in what an analyst on TV has to say he gets paid to examine form an opinion and sometimes criticize players.Their word is not law.