Peter King on possible Hall trad

67camaro

Peter King's MMQB

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...bine/index.html

4. I'm warning you about DeAngelo Hall, Giants. And I'm warning you other suitors: Don't overpay for this man. A good beat guy on the Giants, Mike Garofolo of the Newark Star-Ledger, reports New York is considering trading its first-round pick, 31st overall, for Hall, who wants out of Atlanta so bad he'd walk to East Rutherford.

I can say two good things about Hall: He's a cornerback with guts, and he's only 24 years old. But coaches and some former teammates who've been around him think he's an immature risk-taker and not a team guy; I saw him throw some cheap shots in a training-camp brawl two years ago.

In my informal canvassing of personnel people over the last three days, I've gotten some incredulous looks about the report that the Giants might deal a low first-rounder for Hall. The reaction: Tom Coughlin would be playing with fire. Playing with fire is worth it for, say, a low third-rounder. But with the startling success of the G-men last year in the draft -- they drafted eight players, and all not only made the team, but also were active for at least one playoff game in New York's Super Bowl run -- it's much smarter to let your personnel staff find a good-citizen corner with a bright upside.

That would be miles better than to trade for a wiseacre who last year reamed out his head coach on the sideline after taking multiple personal-foul penalties against Carolina. I think Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitroff would be doing well to get a third-rounder for Hall, whose exit is a must for new coach Mike Smith to start fresh with a good locker room.

I think Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitroff would be doing well to get a third-rounder for Hall, whose exit is a must for new coach Mike Smith to start fresh with a good locker room.

HAHAHAHAHA im sorry but i almost fell out of my seat laughing at such a proposal, he may be right about halls immature and risk taking and everything he said, but he failed to mention that hes a 4 time probowl, 24 year old 4 time probowlers are hard to find. and you wont get one for the 31st pick in the third round, i promise you that.

falkonX7 (2/25/2008)
The article was on point until the last sentence. He must've bumped his head on that one.

Yeah, King may be overstating it with the "3rd round pick thing", but I think he's right about the Falcons needing to be rid of Hall. I don't think Hall is worth the negative things that he does. I hope we get this deal done and he gets out of town. Far too emotional and, IMO, selfish.

This anti Hall Witch hunt is getting silly now, something he did in camp when he was 22???? Come on.

More players should have spoken out against Petrino, maybe he would run away ealier. That stuff against Carolina - 1 pen was him stopping a TD when he got semi beat. The other 2 pens were down to the refs being stupid (you are allowed to tackle within 5 yards of the scrimmage line, show me how that second foul was right.) and the 3rd penalty was because he got angry they screwed him on the second pen.

falkonX7 (2/25/2008)
I see a lot of people criticizing King but not a lot of explanation. What is wrong with this article? What is he wrong about besides the compensation we should get for Hall?

If the reporter is IN ANY WAY criticizing anything associated with the Falcons organization he is instantly labeled as an idiot and a hater. King knows his stuff pretty well and does his homework.

I don't agree with all this "Cancer" thing. If the Falcons trade D-Lo, it's for one reason only, MONEY. His contract would cost us to much. We have too many holes to spend that much on one player. New England is facing the same choice with Asante.

All this cancer stuff is more for fans and the media. These guys are grown men. They are not going to hold grudges like little school girls. Things were said on both sides. Get together, have some beers, and get over it! Trade him only if it's a deal we can't pass up.

67camaro (2/25/2008)
Peter King's MMQB

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...bine/index.html

4. I'm warning you about DeAngelo Hall, Giants. And I'm warning you other suitors: Don't overpay for this man. A good beat guy on the Giants, Mike Garofolo of the Newark Star-Ledger, reports New York is considering trading its first-round pick, 31st overall, for Hall, who wants out of Atlanta so bad he'd walk to East Rutherford.

I can say two good things about Hall: He's a cornerback with guts, and he's only 24 years old. But coaches and some former teammates who've been around him think he's an immature risk-taker and not a team guy; I saw him throw some cheap shots in a training-camp brawl two years ago.

In my informal canvassing of personnel people over the last three days, I've gotten some incredulous looks about the report that the Giants might deal a low first-rounder for Hall. The reaction: Tom Coughlin would be playing with fire. Playing with fire is worth it for, say, a low third-rounder. But with the startling success of the G-men last year in the draft -- they drafted eight players, and all not only made the team, but also were active for at least one playoff game in New York's Super Bowl run -- it's much smarter to let your personnel staff find a good-citizen corner with a bright upside.

That would be miles better than to trade for a wiseacre who last year reamed out his head coach on the sideline after taking multiple personal-foul penalties against Carolina. I think Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitroff would be doing well to get a third-rounder for Hall, whose exit is a must for new coach Mike Smith to start fresh with a good locker room.

King's not entirely wrong here, folks...especially about Hall's attitude.

"immature risk-taker and not a team guy"....Yep, that's Hall to a T. Couldn't have put it better myself.

I disagree about not getting a first rounder for him though.