safe pick

gage

gage (2/25/2008)
arthur blank wont take a qb with the third pick after everything he went through last offseason he'll take the safe pick.....

jake long or glenn dorsey

It's not Arthur Blank's decision. The whole point of move RM to VP was to get a football guy in here to run the football operations with the head coach. These picks are going to be made by the people they should be made by.

I would imagine that AB has (after everything that's happened) laid down guidelines on the types of players he wants (character guys; family guys etc..) to build this team.

And let's face it; no pick is a safe pick =)

The Longs are the 2 safe top 5 picks. Ellis has consistency issues. Dorsey has injury issues. Ryan has decision making issues. McFadden has character issues. Jake is either going to be a solid LT or RT for the next 10 years and Howie's Kid at the least will be a starting DE in this league (he might not be a superstar but he will be able to fill the position).

215FalconsFanatic (2/25/2008)
The Longs are the 2 safe top 5 picks. Ellis has consistency issues. Dorsey has injury issues. Ryan has decision making issues. McFadden has character issues. Jake is either going to be a solid LT or RT for the next 10 years and Howie's Kid at the least will be a starting DE in this league (he might not be a superstar but he will be able to fill the position).[/quote]

so spending 30 million gaurenteed money for a starter but not a superstar is a good idea?

twyntefour (2/25/2008)
215FalconsFanatic (2/25/2008)
The Longs are the 2 safe top 5 picks. Ellis has consistency issues. Dorsey has injury issues. Ryan has decision making issues. McFadden has character issues. Jake is either going to be a solid LT or RT for the next 10 years and Howie's Kid at the least will be a starting DE in this league (he might not be a superstar but he will be able to fill the position).[/quote]

so spending 30 million gaurenteed money for a starter but not a superstar is a good idea?

And wasting a 2nd rounder on a player who may never be more than Rob Johnson is a good idea? Trent Dilfer has a longer career and more superbowl rings than Rob Johnson who was athletic with a strong arm who just needed to learn how to read defenses better. Trent Dilfer = won games. May not be flashy but he didnt lose them for his team. Rob Johnson = might spin out of a pass rush and throw a 35 yard pass to a streaking WR but on the next play get picked off by a stalking LB and kill a drive.

Also i look at it as. For what we do on offense, we wont be asking Ryan to do what he did in college which was be the playmaker. Murlarkey doesnt want the QB making the play. He wants the RBs and WRs to do it. QB is the director. The skill positions are the stars. I think in that scenario Ryan's shortcomings will be disguised and he will be good.

But hey this is my personal opinion. I am a washed up CBScat-back who works as a project manager. I will i could be in a position to design an offense or defense on any level.:D