Falcons Interested in Denver Kicker and RB

Winners Win

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_8342215?source=rss

If Broncos kicker Jason Elam enters free agency, expect Atlanta to make a push for Elam, who has family in Georgia. . . . Speaking of the Falcons, word is they could be interested in swapping a seventh-round draft pick for Denver running back Mike Bell. Still, the Falcons are thinking big. They love Arkansas running back Darren McFadden.

I'd love to trade a 7th rounder for Mike Bell are you kidding me ;)

Winners Win (2/25/2008)
If Broncos kicker Jason Elam enters free agency, expect Atlanta to make a push for Elam, who has family in Georgia. . . . Speaking of the Falcons, word is they could be interested in swapping a seventh-round draft pick for Denver running back Mike Bell. Still, the Falcons are thinking big. They love Arkansas running back Darren McFadden.

Yep. Rather that than blow a wad of cash on McFadden anyday. And Elam would be a good pickup for us. But I'm keepin my Morty Homer hat on until they let him go. ;)

Winners Win (2/25/2008)

Wow...a 7th rounder for Mike Bell....I'm all for it.

Elam....yes please

joremari (2/25/2008)
jason elam is a great kicker, HOF for sure. he would be an awesome pick up for us for the next few years, but how many does he have left? if he has at least 5, then go for it.

Jason Elam isn't that far behind Mort in years... He'll be 38 in a couple of weeks.

I guess compared to Mort he still has 10-12 years left. :D

Not that age seems to matter to these guys but we need some youth.

jason elam is a great kicker, HOF for sure. he would be an awesome pick up for us for the next few years, but how many does he have left? if he has at least 5, then go for it.

He is a kicker. If Anderson can play until he is 90 then if Elam plays half that long then that will be good. Elam is from Marietta and has a strong and accurate leg.

mike bell fumbles alot?

from what i have seen he's fumbled twice in 2 years and the broncos recovered that one.

Recent Career Rushing Receiving Fumbles

Year Team G Rush Yds Y/G Avg TD Rec Yds Y/G Avg Lng YAC 1stD TD Fum FumL

2006 Denver 15 157 677 45.1 4.3 8 20 158 10.5 7.9 24 9.9 5 0 1 0

2007 Denver 5 6 3 0.6 0.5 0 1 7 1.4 7.0 7 4.0 0 0 1 1

Career Totals (Full) 20 163 680 34.0 4.2 8 21 165 8.3 7.9 24 9.6 5 0 2 1

Last updated through games completed on Feb 10, 2008

his stats look good to me better than any rb we get with a 7th rounder

Ya I love bell, I think he would fit our style better than he fits the Broncos, but being there he could run in any zone runs we decide to employ. But he is a good runner, if the Broncos hadn't picked up Travis Henry and Selvin Young in the draft who turned out to be pretty dang good himself he would probably still be the starter. Of course I have no clue why he moved down the depth chart for SURE but I know we have 2 7th round picks and he is DEFINITELY worth 1 of them.