We Have too many critical Needs not to Draft DL or OL as our !st Pick

Nono

Let me start by saying the possibilities are hopeful, especially the shear number of picks we are getting on April 26th. It's like going to the candy store. I like the new beginning we are experiencing with Dimitroff and Blank showing ole McKay the woodshed out back---"here find us a new site to build a stadium in 2015---pfff". I hope this is a new start for the future and not not another bust. I don't understand why Dunn, Brooking, and few others are still on the rooster but thats not for me to say. I have confidence that in time there salaries and roles will be addressed after the draft.

I watched the unlikely NY Giants win the Superbowl and have to give a lot of the credit to their DL and the constant pressure they brought on pretty boy Brady. It makes me think that with Jamaal developing so slow we should be thinking Glenn Dorsey or some other monster who can make an immediate impact, not some RB like McFadden who is great but we have no blocking for him (just like in Norwood's case) or some QB like Matt Ryan who will take two or three years to possibly develop into a world beater.

Jake Long would be a good choice too, however I think we need a pass rush more than a QB, kicker, or OL. I don't doubt we will draft all these position players or perhaps make some sort free Agency move.

GLENDORSEY150.JPG

I think jake long would be a perfect pick in the third spot, that way if we trade d.hall for another first we can look def.Some people are saying their is a chance glenn dorsey could fall to the second round maybe we would take a chance on him with the other first if he isn't gone by then,that way in the second we could look for a qb and maybe another d-linemen are some secondary help lord knows we need some help there also

eric r (2/25/2008)
I think jake long would be a perfect pick in the third spot, that way if we trade d.hall for another first we can look def.Some people are saying their is a chance glenn dorsey could fall to the second round maybe we would take a chance on him with the other first if he isn't gone by then,that way in the second we could look for a qb and maybe another d-linemen are some secondary help lord knows we need some help there also

I thought we would go after Dorsey or Ellis, but now I have a strong feeling that we will take Jake Long at #3 due to us chatting up Auburn DT Pat Sims at the Combine.

The big man is healthy and comes in at around 310lbs. We'll probably go with him in the second round.

If we trade d-hall for another first,and dorsey nor ellis is there with that next pick i would say get pat sims,the news is he's the next in line out of indy,but thers no telling how far dorsey is going to fall because of all the question marks around him now.first lets build the lines and then put somebody behind them that can do some damage.

I know Pioli and Belichick(?) were really the main callers of the draft however to get an idea of who we might draft, you can look at the patriots' draft history. Dimitroff has been a part of an organization that has for the most part drafted their whole offensive line, which to most is if not the best one of the best o-lines in football. However the patriots have never drafted a lineman in the first round, well despite logan mankins being drafted with the 32nd selection of the first round, but despite that by looking at their history and obviously that's where Dimitroff came from, I really doubt he is going to draft a o lineman with the 3rd pick. He probably believe you can find some excellent talent on the o-lineman position in the second or later rounds. I strongly doubt that he will draft Jake Long.