Anyone else impressed with Brennan?

falconva7

Looks like Colt is finally impressing some scouts. He weighed in at 207 lbs (after being under 200 at the Senior Bowl), so you know he's been working hard, and then he came out and looked awesome in the passing drills. He threw a really pretty ball and looked really accurate. His arm didn't look nearly as weak as some scouts said it was after the Senior Bowl either. On the 10 yard outs his passes were perfect, getting there with velocity and accuracy.

Did anyone else see him on NFL Network? I thought he really had a good day. I still think that Brennan, Johnson, or O'Connell in day two have the best value at QB.

I doubt that I will be eating any crow over Colt Brennan. If you watched the Combine then you would have heard the fact that even though Colt came in a bit heavier, his lack of arm strength and his lack of ability to quickly read defenses was going to push him into the 6th round and maybe not even drafted.

So, to answer your original question of "did Colt impress at the Combine" for me, NO!!!!

At the combine did they have big DTs, and DEs in his face?

At the combine did they have anybody putting pressure on him like LBs, or FS??

At the combine did they say just take the ball, and throw it to the WRs, and nobody will rush you??

See just throwing at the combine means nothing. Game tape is where you know what kind of QB he is.

Matthew Pritts (2/25/2008)
I'm glad you guys pimping Brennan aren't scouts or GM's.

oh, right, because you should be a scout or GM to set everyone straight.

I am not the biggest Brennan fan myself, but I at least recognize that he is going to be drafted, and he is going to get a shot. And if ends up being a decent NFL QB, it won't be the craziest story I have ever heard.

L.Rover (2/25/2008)
Matthew Pritts (2/25/2008)
I'm glad you guys pimping Brennan aren't scouts or GM's.

oh, right, because you should be a scout or GM to set everyone straight.

I am not the biggest Brennan fan myself, but I at least recognize that he is going to be drafted, and he is going to get a shot. And if ends up being a decent NFL QB, it won't be the craziest story I have ever heard.

That's your opinion.

But the thread starter thinks Brennan is gonna be better then Ryan and Brohm and Henne? C'mon! R & S QB's in college rarely translate to the NFL.

goosedaddy70 (2/25/2008)
Very true Mr. Pritts. Run and shoot QBs don't translate to good NFL QBs.

What also doesn't translate is having a weak arm and being slow to recognize defensive schemes.

Brennan will end up in the CFL.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Flacco also a run and shoot QB or "system QB". I'm not a Brennan supporter, but it seems to me these guys are being graded differently.

Farmer (2/25/2008)
goosedaddy70 (2/25/2008)
Very true Mr. Pritts. Run and shoot QBs don't translate to good NFL QBs.

What also doesn't translate is having a weak arm and being slow to recognize defensive schemes.

Brennan will end up in the CFL.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Flacco also a run and shoot QB or "system QB". I'm not a Brennan supporter, but it seems to me these guys are being graded differently.

You might be right about Flacco.

Colt Brennan is basically being judged on two things, 1) Sugar Bowl performance & 2) he`s a system QB.

Now, we all know that R & S QB`s haven`t translated well in the NFL in the past, but they had their shot. They had their chance to prove it in the league when drafted. Colt Brennan has not gotten his shot yet because the draft come yet. I`m not going to be quick to judge him because of his college system just yet. I will give him the benefit of the doubt to prove himself in the league when he gets his chance, just like every other QB in the draft who is from their own specific system respectively.

As for the judging him because of his Sugar Bowl performance. You`d have to be blind to see that the OLine was outmatched by a powerful and faster Georgia DLine. If you were to put any of this years QB behind that OLine, they`d get the same exact results. And this is coming from a Hawaii fan.

Brennan is going to get drafted, Which round? who knows but nobody knows when and what round he will go...**** nobody knows how good he will do in the nfl..Should he be giving a chance? Yes.

I would not leave out Brennan just yet, we could still draft him if TD feels like hes the next Tom Brady.

Twinblade (2/25/2008)
Brennan is going to get drafted, Which round? who knows but nobody knows when and what round he will go...**** nobody knows how good he will do in the nfl..Should he be giving a chance? Yes.

I would not leave out Brennan just yet, we could still draft him if TD feels like hes the next Tom Brady.

If TD drafts Brennan I want him fired.

Not impressed with Brennan, and haven't been since my first look at him in the UGA/Sugar Bowl game, even though his awful performance there was not 100% his solo responsibility.

When you add together his poor performance vs. UGA, his average arm strength/side arm delivery, the weak competition in a weak conference, and his work in the combine while along side other invited QB's, I'm not seeing a total QB package that would appear to be highly impressive to an NFL team.

I will give the kid credit for earning some impressive college statistics and for maximizing his teams productivity with their offensive scheme. Unfortunately for him, he's now being compared side-by-side with other QB's who have better technical skills and who played against tougher competition in stronger conferences.

He may be drafted in later rounds by some team as a developmental project. There's always the CFL as a developmental path before taking another shot at the NFL down the road.

Or...he could be coming soon to a McDonalds near you.