We will draft Jake Long, if he is there.

I can't believe that this new FO will do what all the other gm's of this team has done. I truly believe they are going to rebuild the team the right way this time and that means

rebuilding our trenches. I mean, you got to admitt we were awful on both sides last year.

Who will block for McFadden if we pick him first. Who will protect, UGH, Matt Ryan if we draft him first? Who will put pressure on the qb? Who will stop the run? Just a few questions, Thanks! GO FALCONS!!!

Michael Skelton (2/25/2008)
I can't believe that this new FO will do what all the other gm's of this team has done. I truly believe they are going to rebuild the team the right way this time and that means

rebuilding our trenches. I mean, you got to admitt we were awful on both sides last year.

Who will block for McFadden if we pick him first. Who will protect, UGH, Matt Ryan if we draft him first? Who will put pressure on the qb? Who will stop the run? Just a few questions, Thanks! GO FALCONS!!!

i think most of that will be fixed up during FA. there will still be holes that need filling in the draft, but we probably wont fill them at the 3rd overall pick.

bossFALCON (2/25/2008)

Do you think we can fill all of that in FA? I hope you are right. I respect your opinions.

i think most of that will be fixed up during FA. there will still be holes that need filling in the draft, but we probably wont fill them at the 3rd overall pick.

well we have more than 1 pick and we can sign OL in FA. drafting jake long is not a must and TD has a nice history of drafting great OL later in the draft.

I say draft McFadden. See adrian Peterson. How great are they.

Rush the passer- Abraham and Anderson (will at least be a little better)

LB's- As long as we sign Boley we are at least average.

DT- need a good player

DB's- Good mix need a young one to step up

OLINE- average (good back will make them look better)

QB- Terrible, but Shockley needs a chance, sign a veteran

WR- Average

Just an average team

Taking OLine later, project QB, d-line help= Draft

Vet QB, Vet DB, and depth at linebacker in Free agency

This will be the hardest draft we've had in years. We need so many things, we can't just concentrate in one area. The question is, what do we need the most? What can we win with now? Very few teams are a 100 % in all areas, but there are teams that can win by making the best of what they have. The Giants proved that this year against the Patriots.