Josh Johnson? Is He real deal or overhyped

JTFalcon89

JTFalcon89 (2/25/2008)
I dont know nothing about him but I keep reading about him. I wanna see vide of him throwing and stuff I wanna get on the bandwagon too. Can anyone help explain whats so great about this guy?

He's hyped because he has the ability to be one of the best QB's to ever play... Last year he threw 43 TD's and 1 INT, if you do that in highschool thats impressive I don't care who you are or who you play for it means you are a pretty good QB. He also has good speed as we saw today running a 4.44... AKA great arm, Great speed, Great decision making... He is hyped up because he could be amazing but he could also be a bust because of all the hype... I'd take him with our first 3rd easily.

JTFalcon89 (2/25/2008)
I dont know nothing about him but I keep reading about him. I wanna see vide of him throwing and stuff I wanna get on the bandwagon too. Can anyone help explain whats so great about this guy?

Johnson is a legitmate QB prospect. His leadership skills and temperment puts him on the same level as the other QBs in the draft. He was coached for a few years by former NFL QB and Chicago Bear Jim Harbaugh.

samuel l jackson (2/25/2008)
JTFalcon89 (2/25/2008)

He's hyped because he has the ability to be one of the best QB's to ever play... Last year he threw 43 TD's and 1 INT, if you do that in highschool thats impressive I don't care who you are or who you play for it means you are a pretty good QB. He also has good speed as we saw today running a 4.44... AKA great arm, Great speed, Great decision making... He is hyped up because he could be amazing but he could also be a bust because of all the hype... I'd take him with our first 3rd easily.

i saw a kid throw 58 TD's / 12 INT's in D1 and he's called trash on this board :rolleyes:

trubirdfan4life (2/25/2008)
I don't know how much someone can be hyped into a 3rd round pick.

he only had 1 INT this year.

he has great speed and escapablility(which will be great for our team)

he will be a project at great value

I saw him at the combine and he showed everything that the big name, big school guys showed.

He doesn't fit Mayock's view of a good QB.

Homey The Clown (2/25/2008)
Go here for the highlights

Is there any footage where we can hear the analyst(s) making their comments? These videos are more about the music that the poster selected for his or her MySpace page. The videos are mostly of such poor quality, it would be nice to have someone point out the nuances of a particular play.

JTFalcon89 (2/25/2008)

Hes basicly a nother VICK. . . (good thing) but way more aware, make smarter desions with the ball, and not as fast as VICK but fast like Norwood.

The_ ATL (2/25/2008)
"By his own choosing...

He was a premier offensive coordinator/Quarterback Coach...

Bill Cowher "ain't" in the league anymore either..."

Last I checked getting fired isnt by ones choice.

He was also passed over for the Deadskins job.

Ummm, he has been offered the offensive coordinator position several times and turned it down. That equals by his own choosing. He could have an offensive coordinator or Quarterback coach job if he wanted it, but he is choosing to hold out for another head coaching job...

Some of the greatest coaches in sports history have been fired. Marty Schottenheimer was fired, so I suppose that means that he doesn't have a choice as to whether he is part of the league anymore either...