A possibility with Dallas

NiteFalcon

How about we draft Mcfadden at #3 and then wait till it gets to Dallas's first pick. If there are a lot of nice ppl left on board then we trade the rights to Mcfadden to Dallas at that point in time. of course with the trade of Mcfadden for Barber, and 2 1st round picks.

that ways maybe we can assemble a sick draft if guys like Brohm slip the same way Quinn slipped last year.

Also if there is nothing good there then hey, we have mcfadden we'll prolly live :)

At least i think its better that way than immediately giving up the #3 for the dallas picks and barber. This way its win win.

pencilpusher (2/24/2008)
That would be the way it would have to work. I doubt Dallas would trade all that for just a pick unless it was the first pick and they were ASSURED of getting who they wanted. WHy would they trade for a 3rd pick and then have someone else grab McFadden?

Agreed, but also who's to say they would also give up Barber in that deal? Man, they would REALLY have to want McFadden in a bad way.

falconfoozball (2/24/2008)
pencilpusher (2/24/2008)
That would be the way it would have to work. I doubt Dallas would trade all that for just a pick unless it was the first pick and they were ASSURED of getting who they wanted. WHy would they trade for a 3rd pick and then have someone else grab McFadden?

Agreed, but also who's to say they would also give up Barber in that deal? Man, they would REALLY have to want McFadden in a bad way.

heck yea. barber is going to be their feature back next year and he is a pro bowler. i would be VERY surprised if they traded him.

NiteFalcon (2/24/2008)
How about we draft Mcfadden at #3 and then wait till it gets to Dallas's first pick. If there are a lot of nice ppl left on board then we trade the rights to Mcfadden to Dallas at that point in time. of course with the trade of Mcfadden for Barber, and 2 1st round picks.

that ways maybe we can assemble a sick draft if guys like Brohm slip the same way Quinn slipped last year.

Also if there is nothing good there then hey, we have mcfadden we'll prolly live :)

At least i think its better that way than immediately giving up the #3 for the dallas picks and barber. This way its win win.

thats one way to do things but this is not the nba, its the nfl.

falconfoozball (2/24/2008)
pencilpusher (2/24/2008)

Oh I agree with that. I don't see them giving up Barber at all. Especially not for another player at his position who is unproven whereas he is a probowler who earned his spot there.