Tashard is the Choice

D-Ray

At the combine today, it was mentioned that he is 2nd best COMPLETE back behind Mendenhall...Choice can run, block, and catch out of the backfield...He was arguably the top RB performer at the Senior Bowl which helped his stock tremendously...This guy is an outspoken leader in the locker room that wants to be a winner! Bring him home TD!

D-Ray (2/24/2008)
At the combine today, it was mentioned that he is 2nd best COMPLETE back behind Mendenhall...Choice can run, block, and catch out of the backfield...He was arguably the top RB performer at the Senior Bowl which helped his stock tremendously...This guy is an outspoken leader in the locker room that wants to be a winner! Bring him home TD!

I'm not sure he's big enough, but he's one that I would not complain at all about getting, especially if we can get him in later rounds. Now if Snelling steps up and can fill the "bruiser" type role, then maybe he works out just fine. Initially, I thought Choice would be a good replacement for Dunn, but now it looks like Dunn is sticking around. So not sure. Isn't Mendenhall a good bit bigger guy than Choice?

Choice was the GT offense while he was there and the 1st GT RB to rush for 1,000 yards in consecutive seasons...He did it last year even though he was injured...This guy would love to become a Falcon because the main reason he left Oklahoma to come to Tech was due to being close to his mother...It didn't help that Peterson was at OU...He is from the Atlanta area and would love nothing more than to be a leader for our Falcons!...He is the whole package at the RB position that you can draft in the late 2nd or 3rd round!

falconfoozball (2/24/2008)
D-Ray (2/24/2008)

I'm not sure he's big enough, but he's one that I would not complain at all about getting, especially if we can get him in later rounds. Now if Snelling steps up and can fill the "bruiser" type role, then maybe he works out just fine. Initially, I thought Choice would be a good replacement for Dunn, but now it looks like Dunn is sticking around. So not sure. Isn't Mendenhall a good bit bigger guy than Choice?

Tashard Choice is too small? Explain please.

BUMP UNTIL WE BRING HIM HOME!

D-Ray (2/24/2008)

most of these sorry fans on here dont want an "outspoken leader" on our team. they would rather have a soft spoken peyton manning type of attitude. they already hate dhall for standing up for hisself in certain situations..some of these falcons fans are the most hypocritical people ive even had the pleasure of coming across. they will never be pleased. people dont want mcfadden because he has kids on the way, are yall crazy??last time i checked, players kids dont be on the field with them, that is his personal life. people act like they have to know every single aspect in players life. that is not our position to judge someone like that.

UGA_DAWG46 (2/24/2008)
He ran the ball really well all year. He would be a really good pick in third or maybe fourth.

And that's about where I think we should be picking for this need. I mean, no way ALL of the really decent ones are gone by then, do ya think?

I agree. Jamal Charles might move up a little bit. But we might be able to still grab him with a third. I really like Jonathan Stewart though he is the ideal back for our new system.

somecut8 (2/24/2008)
falconfoozball

Tashard Choice is too small? Explain please.

BUMP UNTIL WE BRING HIM HOME!

Somecut, I don't know for sure. Feel free to correct me, but isn't he about 5'11" 200 & change at the most? Don't know, but I thought I heard a lot of the other guys stats as being bigger than that. (which is why I asked the question)

Unfortunately, due to family interruptions all day :P I didn't get to see him on the combine coverage. In fact, I missed most all of the RB portion cause I had to go fix the hot water heater. It's important to shower. I know because my wife told me so. :)

falconsstomp (2/24/2008)
D-Ray (2/24/2008)

most of these sorry fans on here dont want an "outspoken leader" on our team. they would rather have a soft spoken peyton manning type of attitude. they already hate dhall for standing up for hisself in certain situations..some of these falcons fans are the most hypocritical people ive even had the pleasure of coming across. they will never be pleased. people dont want mcfadden because he has kids on the way, are yall crazy??last time i checked, players kids dont be on the field with them, that is his personal life. people act like they have to know every single aspect in players life. that is not our position to judge someone like that.

Like I said, we are running a priest school here. No sex. No marriage. No sins. In fact, if we keep this up, we may get some well needed cap relief from the Roman Catholic Church.

Somecut, I don't know for sure. Feel free to correct me, but isn't he about 5'11" 200 & change at the most? Don't know, but I thought I heard a lot of the other guys stats as being bigger than that. (which is why I asked the question)

Unfortunately, due to family interruptions all day :P I didn't get to see him on the combine coverage. In fact, I missed most all of the RB portion cause I had to go fix the hot water heater. It's important to shower. I know because my wife told me so. :)

I was wondering did you mean weight or height. Yeah, Choice needs to get to about 220 and he's set.

Nevermind somecut. I was off by an inch on his height, but pretty close on the weight. He's actually got an inch on Mendenhall if this info. is right. Here's a tidbit of info on both:

Tashard Choice (Georgia Tech 5SR) 6'0" 205

The Oklahoma transfer wisely packed up after Adrian Peterson arrived in Norman and blew up as a true freshman in 2004. An unusual waiver of residency by the NCAA (he claimed his transfer was necessitated by a family situation) allowed him to not be required to sit out 2005 after transferring. Thanks to that, he got his feet wet in HC Chan Gailey's offense as the back-up to P.J. Daniels that year. Then in WR Calvin Johnson's shadow last season, Choice quietly emerged to lead the ACC in rushing, with over 1,400 yards and 12 TDs. After easing in to the starter role, he caught fire as they began conference play and in to the post-season. Choice went over 100 rushing yards in a school-record nine games, including a career-high 169 rushing yards in a near-upset of West Virginia in the Gator Bowl.

With a new QB and four returning starters on the offensive line, who the Yellow Jackets will feature on offense is not a choice, it is Choice. However, he was fourth in D-I FBS with 297 carries last season (a school record), so his durability will be put to a test and it is hard to imagine a much better season statistically. Improving on his 12 receptions to show he can be a complete back would be one area. A rookie QB will likely be looking for his dump-off option a lot early. It will also give him a chance to show if he can handle pass blocking. He has also indicated he hopes to show he can be a home run threat this year (his career long is 46 yards). With good size, if he can continue to be a workhorse and show development in those areas, he could be the top-rated senior back coming out of the season.

Rashard Mendenhall (Illinois 3JR) 5'11" 205

Mendenhall has the talent to emerge as one of the best RBs in the country this year, but has a lot to do to prove it. A blue chip 2005 recruit, he stayed in-state with a struggling Illinois program to play with his older brother (Walter, a reserve FB). Rashard has been behind Pierre Thomas and E.B. Halsey the last two years, but both are gone now and he should be the feature attraction this season. Second on the team in rushing with 640 yards last year, he averaged 8.2 ypc thanks to his big play ability (two runs over 75 yards, as well as one catch). While he was featured in a few games and clearly more talented than any other RB on the roster, he was unable to hang on to the role due to ball security. He had four fumbles on just 78 carries. Mendenhall got off to a slow start while other junior runners raced out of the blocks and have risen to prominence to create a buzz about the underclassmen potential in this RB class. However, he should catch them this year and be among the crowd with the credentials to declare early.

Edit: I don't know if this site is a good resource or not.

Link

D-Ray (2/24/2008)

What round do they have him going?

somecut8 (2/24/2008)

I was wondering did you mean weight or height. Yeah, Choice needs to get to about 220 and he's set.

Have you seen him run the ball? He doesn't need to be 220 he weighed in at 215 and while he might not be chisled like Stewart he's pretty big. Trust me I have had more than one oppourtunity to hit him when we were growing up together, and he's solid.

Play Maka Baka (2/24/2008)[/b

Have you seen him run the ball? He doesn't need to be 220 he weighed in at 215 and while he might not be chisled like Stewart he's pretty big. Trust me I have had more than one oppourtunity to hit him when we were growing up together, and he's solid.

Honestly, I did not watch a lot of Tech ball this year. I have no particular college affiliation, but if I had to pick, it'd probalby be GA over Tech. BUT, I did see his performance in the Sr. Bowl, and just remember saying "Daaaaayyyyyuuuuummmm!" a few times. :w00t:

Play Maka Baka (2/24/2008)
somecut8 (2/24/2008)

I like him, yes I've seen him run. I'd prefer a big bruiser though. Say what you want but Mendenhall and Stewart are going to be beasts in this league and many of you are going to with that we had taken him.