WITH THE 3RD PICK IN THE 2008 NFL DRAFT THE ATLANTA FALCONS STILL SELECT GLENN DORSEY

Nick

despite reports of lsu defensive tackle have a fracture in his leg this reminds me of last year with adrian peterson's injury talks. and he ran over 1,000 this season. first of all matt ryan is going to the dolphins and the falcons will not draft a qb this yr plus he. dorsey is still explosive plus listen to mike smith when he talks he believes in a strong o and d-line with the coleman cut dorsey could well be a sure fire pick. theres more of a dropoff at dt than ot babineaux, trey lewis (acl tear) montavious stanley dnt flatter yourself. if not dorsey then sedrick ellis

qb will not be taken everyone has flaws

matt ryan-19 picks this yr

flacco-couldnt make it at pitt

woodson-david carr reborn

booty-good but fits in a west coast offense

ainge-erratic passer

brennan-injury issues

Nick (2/24/2008)
despite reports of lsu defensive tackle have a fracture in his leg this reminds me of last year with adrian peterson's injury talks. and he ran over 1,000 this season. first of all matt ryan is going to the dolphins and the falcons will not draft a qb this yr plus he. dorsey is still explosive plus listen to mike smith when he talks he believes in a strong o and d-line with the coleman cut dorsey could well be a sure fire pick. theres more of a dropoff at dt than ot babineaux, trey lewis (acl tear) montavious stanley dnt flatter yourself. if not dorsey then sedrick ellis

qb will not be taken everyone has flaws

matt ryan-19 picks this yr

flacco-couldnt make it at pitt

woodson-david carr reborn

booty-good but fits in a west coast offense

ainge-erratic passer

brennan-injury issues

A defensive tackle can't be effective without legs.

Maybe you should consider some sort of counciling for your Dorsey addiction...

Just a thought.

what is it with everyone loving mcfadden hes not that great upon impact he stops. i think smith would go with a dt like ellis who can spark the d-line the better running backs are taken 2nd round or later like jones drew, selvin young, norwood, ahmad bradshaw, rb's like kijana carter were taken high first round.

Nick (2/24/2008)
what is it with everyone loving mcfadden hes not that great upon impact he stops. i think smith would go with a dt like ellis who can spark the d-line the better running backs are taken 2nd round or later like jones drew, selvin young, norwood, ahmad bradshaw, rb's like kijana carter were taken high first round.

dude, you have no idea what your talking about when it comes to mcfadden. you should actually watch him play and form your own opinion of him. as for dorsey, this injury could really hurt him and make him fall down the draft boards. there is way too much now with the top picks to be unsure about a player.

With the latest buzz on Glen Dorsey's fracture, I look for Atlanta to pursue Jake Long or Sedrick Ellis. The falcons will have to go the safe route this year in the draft. Darren McFadden has character issues and the falcons will try to avoid anyone with that type of concern. The QB class this year isn't worth a top 5 choice so I think they will choice either Flacco or Henne if available in the 2nd RD. With this latest information on Glen Dorsey I hope the falcons don't end up like the Portland Trailblazers with Greg Oden!

dan minnich (2/25/2008)
dude, you have no idea what your talking about when it comes to mcfadden. you should actually watch him play and form your own opinion of him. as for dorsey, this injury could really hurt him and make him fall down the draft boards. there is way too much now with the top picks to be unsure about a player.

DMac and fries will NOT have the kind of NFL career you think he should.

His game won't translate to the NFL level as well as other less hyped RB's in this draft. He'll need a line to open holes and minimize contact at the first and second level to use his inline speed as an advantage.

He'll need to play in a zone blocking system to make it in the NFL.

I like the idea of drafting dorsey in the first, just not with our 3rd pick.I think ellis are jake long should be there,there are too many question marks going around right now,but just think if we draft ellis with the 3rd pick and trade d-hall for another first and dorsey ends up falling to us there.then we could have ellis and dorsey in the first and look for some o-line help in the second.i think we will draft a qb but which one is a big question.flacco would be one to look at at and also if we trade d-hall we will most likely get more than just a first rounder.

• 4 weeks later...

Old topic but,  wanted to bring it back up with all of the talk now of us drafting Dorsey.  No workout at the NFL combine.  LSU pro day is on March 26th.  Does anyone have any info on what we could expect out of him.  Like some of the previous posts on this topic, his injury history, for lack of better terminology just scares the **** out of me.  any comparisons to past pro's.  Warren Sapp ect.  help me to understand why he is being considered a total lock for us to take now without any numbers or health exams to go by.

I still get disgusted when I see AP play for another team when we should've made a move to get him. Just another in a long list of dumb moves on draft day, I guess. Dorsey is very Sapp-like, not just in how he plays, but his demeanor as well. I only see a few 'can't miss' types in this draft, and he's one of them.

It's a good bet that Jake Long will be gone by our pick, and we don't need a DE, even if a Chris Long dropped to that spot. We intentionally blew ourselves out of the McFadden pick (heaven knows why), so that pretty much leaves taking a QB, trading  down, or Dorsey. He's been at the top of my board for us all along. Until that injury rumor started, I never thought we'd have a shot at getting him.

Dorsey has had a much better college career than Ellis, even when playing through the injury. It's just that we all got to see Ellis dominate in the Senior Bowl game, whereas Dorsey has been inactive since the draft talk began. Dorsey has been consistently better, and I reckons shows more explosion, passion and power than Ellis. The injury talks...well I believe NFL scouts have a much better (and more justified) opinion on them than the majority of us, who have only heard rumours, so I trust them to make the right decision when it comes to picking him or not.

I saw a couple of LSU games and he definitely wasn't the same after the injuries. He was a beast before he got hurt. He looked like a rag doll being thrown around afterwards. I had a knee injury years ago. You're never the same no matter what he says. I've like Ellis from the start. Man he looked like he was playing at different level at the senior bowl.