Mendenhall

Twinblade

People say "McFadden will never do nothing under this O-line" and yet people goes "Draft Mendenhall!"

I just don't get it.

So people rather pass up Dmac who played in the sec against real teams for a RB that has only been a RB for one season so now people just think hes better then D-Mac?

If McFadden can't do nothing under this line, how the **** Mendenhall is gonna do under this line? "But hes a power back, he can do it!" well so was T.J. Duckett...doesn't always prove nothing.

So yes lets waste a first rounder on a average over hyped RB named Mendenhall... I rather draft Stewart or Choice instead.

Twinblade (2/24/2008)
People say "McFadden will never do nothing under this O-line" and yet people goes "Draft Mendenhall!"

I just don't get it.

So people rather pass up Dmac who played in the sec against real teams for a RB that has only been a RB for one season so now people just think hes better then D-Mac?

If McFadden can't do nothing under this line, how the **** Mendenhall is gonna do under this line? "But hes a power back, he can do it!" well so was T.J. Duckett...doesn't always prove nothing.

So yes lets waste a first rounder on a average over hyped RB named Mendenhall... I rather draft Stewart or Choice instead.

Co-sign on that or anybody who's not a first rounder.

mendenhall had 17 carries for 155 yards against a hot and talented usc defense at the rose bowl. that is like running against a s.e.c. team.

mcfadden had 21 carries for 105 yards against a missouri defense.

from what i remember, usc was the hotter team and one of the best defenses towards the end of the year and mendenhall torched their defense

A-Town Stomp (2/24/2008)
mendenhall had 17 carries for 155 yards against a hot and talented usc defense at the rose bowl. that is like running against a s.e.c. team.

from what i remember, usc was the hotter team and one of the best defenses towards the end of the year and mendenhall torched their defense

Mendenhall got big gains because USC was too busy taking care of Juicy and winning the game to worry about him every play.

Even on McFadden's worst day, he gets 100 yards, I liked him against LSU even more.

I think most people mention Mendenhall and Stewart because they have more of a shot at being around in the later to middle of the first round, and given the chance that we may want to trade down or pick up another pick through some type of trade (D.Hall) we could pick up Jake Long with our first pick, or if we trade down we could possibly pick up one of the stronger backs and one of the many good LT prospects in the last first to early second. It makes much more sense for us to do something like that then invest a ton of money in McFadden who is just a fast edge rusher.

falcons faithful (2/24/2008)
I was a big fan of McFadden, but since I have read about some of thing baggage he is bring with him not so sure . He could wind up being trouble. The last thing yhis team needs is a player who brings baggage even before he sign's a contract or anything. Time to move on a jum off the ban wagon SORRY.:w00t:

Nice to see other peoples anti-McFadden opinions got to you just like most of these fools are doing now "Draft Mendenhall, hes great!" hahaha, what a joke.

Twinblade (2/24/2008)

I just don't get it.

Stewart and Mendenhall are better than McFadden for this team. They create their own holes. DMC needs big holes.

I think Mendenhall can be a great back but this notion that he's better than McFadden is pure BS.

Mendenhall played in a spread option with a dual threat QB.

He only carried the load for one season.

That game he had vs USC, he had a couple of big screen passes that he gained a lot of yardage on and the big long run that was a blown assignment on an option read.

NO comparison to McFadden's body of work where he has averaged 100 YPG against ranked competition including a 180 yard and 200 yard game against loaded LSU defenses.

Twinblade (2/24/2008)
I was a big fan of McFadden, but since I have read about some of thing baggage he is bring with him not so sure . He could wind up being trouble. The last thing yhis team needs is a player who brings baggage even before he sign's a contract or anything. Time to move on a jum off the ban wagon SORRY.:w00t:

Nice to see other peoples anti-McFadden opinions got to you just like most of these fools are doing now "Draft Mendenhall, hes great!" hahaha, what a joke.

So if someone else has a different opinion its a joke? I'd say its more of a joke to follow the masses and not do your own research like so many McFadden followers have been doing all year. Theres a reason he never won the Heisman, hes just not that good.

Legion (2/24/2008)
Twinblade (2/24/2008)

I just don't get it.

Stewart and Mendenhall are better than McFadden for this team. They create their own holes. DMC needs big holes.

Stewart or Mendenhall will do what T.J. Duckett done.

A-Town Stomp (2/24/2008)

Because of the score they were looking pass and allowed the run maybe?Cheap yards in a blowout?Wouldnt beating the national champs be more impressive?Kind of l;ike getting 15 yards on a draw when its 3 and 20.Nice stats,just not effective

Winners Win (2/24/2008)
Twinblade (2/24/2008)

So if someone else has a different opinion its a joke? I'd say its more of a joke to follow the masses and not do your own research like so many McFadden followers have been doing all year. Theres a reason he never won the Heisman, hes just not that good.

Lmao so now im a follower because I believe the falcons are gonna draft McFadden because thats the most realistic pick for them at #3? Yeah ok, Sorry but I stick to the real world, not Fantasy like most fans do.

People have their own opinions, others will just follow others. Before the year ended all you have seen was "McFadden to Atlanta!" topics but now after one or two guys or girls said no, everybody else started to follow..I just found it funny.

falconfoozball (2/24/2008)
Twinblade (2/24/2008)
Picking up Jake Long would be a huge mistake

Why do you say this? And did you mean to post it in this thread? I don't agree w/that, I think he would be a great pickup.

Because Jake Long is not going to be a LT in the nfl, we need a LT....not a RT.

Winners Win (2/24/2008)
Twinblade (2/24/2008)

Well, obviously we can't depend on anyone that hasn't won the Heisman.