God I Am Tired Of Mike Mayock!!

Mr. Offseason

He has the biggest hard-on for Matt Ryan ever and he just hates on everyone else. some of it is a bit justified but he cant take it when someone tries to play devils advotcate as to why ryan might not be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

marshall faulk tried to talk about how he thought andre woodson should be a little higher than #5 on mayocks board and mayock just couldnt handle it! he thinks hes a genius and it grinds my gears. every time marshall brings up a fact like 325 passes without a pick, which is a record, mayock goes and says "oh thats misleading! there were 3 or 4 passes that could have been picked off but they werent!" then when theyre talking about ryan and marshall brings up the 19 interceptions mayock jumps down his throat yelling "he didnt have a good supporting cast, his wrs were bad, he was the only good player on the offense!". he just cant accept anyone discussing the negatives of matt ryan, and i bet hed really hate me if i tried talking to him. his head would explode if we talked about matt ryan for longer than 3 minutes.

he is just the cockiest most stubborn b**ch ive seen on tv in a long time, and he just cant accept that he could be wrong or that his favorite player, matt ryan, may not be the future greatest qb in the history of time. he is extremely abrasive and it makes me want to stab him in the neck with a pen. i cant believe marshall could put up with him.

I actually like Mayock a good bit. I think he is a pretty good talent evaluator. I agree with a lot of what he says too.

It does make me sick to hear him talk up Matt Ryan so much. I also don't agree with him when he says that Darren McFadden isn't worth a top 20 pick. To me, that's ridiculous.

I like how he speaks the truth about the players though. IMO he's much better than Mel Kiper and Todd McShay. I will be watching the draft on NFL Network this year.

scott24falcs (2/24/2008)
I actually like Mayock a good bit. I think he is a pretty good talent evaluator. I agree with a lot of what he says too.

It does make me sick to hear him talk up Matt Ryan so much. I also don't agree with him when he says that Darren McFadden isn't worth a top 20 pick. To me, that's ridiculous.

I like how he speaks the truth about the players though. IMO he's much better than Mel Kiper and Todd McShay. I will be watching the draft on NFL Network this year.

McShay is turned on by Ryan as well it seems, but you gotta love Mel Kiper. He's the original and best "draft guru."

can't stand him .. i'd rather have mel in there. he's a hypocrite. he justifies matt ryan's 19 INT's by saying he has nobody around him, mind you he says he has great intangiables. well where the **** are those intangiables when he was throwing the 19 INTs????? give me a break, 19 INTs as a SENIOR !!! i watched quite a few BC games and i saw him force throws and take alot of chances. but he will blow him hard cuz he's a former BC alum and attaches himself to some players.

he is so tiresome to listen to.

Mr. Offseason (2/24/2008)
He has the biggest hard-on for Matt Ryan ever and he just hates on everyone else. some of it is a bit justified but he cant take it when someone tries to play devils advotcate as to why ryan might not be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

marshall faulk tried to talk about how he thought andre woodson should be a little higher than #5 on mayocks board and mayock just couldnt handle it! he thinks hes a genius and it grinds my gears. every time marshall brings up a fact like 325 passes without a pick, which is a record, mayock goes and says "oh thats misleading! there were 3 or 4 passes that could have been picked off but they werent!" then when theyre talking about ryan and marshall brings up the 19 interceptions mayock jumps down his throat yelling "he didnt have a good supporting cast, his wrs were bad, he was the only good player on the offense!". he just cant accept anyone discussing the negatives of matt ryan, and i bet hed really hate me if i tried talking to him. his head would explode if we talked about matt ryan for longer than 3 minutes.

he is just the cockiest most stubborn b**ch ive seen on tv in a long time, and he just cant accept that he could be wrong or that his favorite player, matt ryan, may not be the future greatest qb in the history of time. he is extremely abrasive and it makes me want to stab him in the neck with a pen. i cant believe marshall could put up with him.

yeah i herd that discussion.. i cant stand him ether i HATE his stupid lisp its sooo anoyying, i hate mel kiper too but id rather watch ESPN come draft time because i really cant stand mayocks lisp.. and how stupid he is, mcfadden is good i dont know what kind of stuff his smokin.. hes also in love with flacco .. but your right his arguements are stupid and he totally contradicts himself.. personally i dont like any draft gurus, i will listen to thier opinions but never take it to heart

dcfalcons (2/24/2008)
i love how dukes and faulk disagree with this former garbage DB and he speaks as if he knows more on the position of RB than faulk ... LOL.

I KNOW! and faulk was trying to talk to him about andre woodson and he wouldnt let him keep talking! he threw a hissy fit when he criticized matt ryan and talked positively about andre woodson and the second he said something about winning in the SEC mayock says "you cant just look at the competition!". yet he loves ryan who played in a weaker ACC but then criticizes flacco for his level of competition. he is just so annoying.

dcfalcons (2/24/2008)
can't stand him .. i'd rather have mel in there. he's a hypocrite. he justifies matt ryan's 19 INT's by saying he has nobody around him, mind you he says he has great intangiables. well where the **** are those intangiables when he was throwing the 19 INTs????? give me a break, 19 INTs as a SENIOR !!! i watched quite a few BC games and i saw him force throws and take alot of chances. but he will blow him hard cuz he's a former BC alum and attaches himself to some players.

I agree he is always talking about Ryan's intangiables and how he had no supporting cast, everybody knows that a good QB makes his teammates better. a lot of those int's were forced throws and bad decisons. Ryan may have good intangiables but so does Trent Dilfer and he's a career back-up.

bobo smooth (2/25/2008)
dcfalcons (2/24/2008)

I agree he is always talking about Ryan's intangiables and how he had no supporting cast, everybody knows that a good QB makes his teammates better. a lot of those int's were forced throws and bad decisons. Ryan may have good intangiables but so does Trent Dilfer and he's a career back-up.

owned Mike Mayock. Owned.

god, that might be the post of the thread right there. he just gets me angry and thats why i started this thread, but **** that was a nice post.

Those who can't play:COACH Those who can't do either :BECOME ANALYST!

Mayock's a talking head spouting jibberish hoping he strikes gold with a stray comment. He keeps talking up Ryan like he's the second coming of Peyton Manning.If I'm Ryan I pull out my cell give Mayock a call and tell him to layoff me, already enough pressure being a 1st rd draft pick rookie QB. Kid must feel like Atlas with all that pressure Mayock's putting on him.

Mayock's an overglorified scout. No better or worse than any others just the most popular. It doesn't bother me because there's guys like him in every job field. Best thing you can do is ignore him.

Statement 1) Ryan's the #1 Pick! (He doesn't believe that himself but he needs to get everybody's attention)

Statement 2) McFaddens NOT A TOP 20 PICK?!!! (see what i mean, it's a ratings game)

Statement 3) Jake Long is a Pro-Bowl RT (Long's a Pro-Bowl LT who'll play LT is whole entire career)

Mayock's just another guy that has to prove his worth by talking a lot and acting as if he knows everything. (There's alot of guys like this on these boards...shall we call them Mike Mayockites???)