The Official DO NOT trade DeAngelo Hall Thread!

falconva7

This thread is for all the people who realize trading DeAngelo Hall makes no sense. Regardless of what you think about his attitude, he has no off the field incidents, and on the field he is one of the most dominant cornerbacks in the NFL (and he's only 24!).

There is no reason to trade him. He WANTS to play for us, he just wants an extension, which is the norm for players in the final year of their contract. We're only going to create a huge hole in our secondary that we're going to have to fill with some unproven rookie or bad vet (Jason Webster, anyone?).

Don't say we can't afford to resign him because we have $17 mill. in cap space without cutting Brooking or Dunn and Dimitroff said he doesn't want to sign a lot of free agents. With all this extra money we should lock up our good young players (Boley and Hall) long term.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nor32wood (2/24/2008)
DON'T TRADE HIM

matter fact..... put a franchise tag on him

We could just resign him..........?

I mean what's wrong with giving him a big contract. He's a GOOD player, 2 Pro Bowls at 24 (and his best year was this past season, so he's getting better every year), so why not just give him an extension? We can bring in cornerbacks for cheap but just imagine having Lewis Sanders and Jason Webster starting at cornerback, because that's what we're going to get.

falconva7 (2/24/2008)
Nor32wood (2/24/2008)
DON'T TRADE HIM

matter fact..... put a franchise tag on him

We could just resign him..........?

I mean what's wrong with giving him a big contract. He's a GOOD player, 2 Pro Bowls at 24 (and his best year was this past season, so he's getting better every year), so why not just give him an extension? We can bring in cornerbacks for cheap but just imagine having Lewis Sanders and Jason Webster starting at cornerback, because that's what we're going to get.

samuel is the best corner in f.a. this year.and everyone is talking about paying hall all this money but no one know's how much he's asking.apparently not as near as much as any good free agent or hall when he hits the market?

BirdsOfPrey (2/24/2008)
bigpoon (2/24/2008)
BirdsOfPrey (2/24/2008)
Do what you have to do, TD, to make this a better and stronger team down the line. I appreciate that you (TD) aren't only looking to the 2008 and 2009 seasons.

WHAT????????

Simply put, Hall has a lot of trade value. Value that could get extra picks that we can use to build this team stronger beyond just the 2008 and 2009 seasons. It seems as though TD is shaking this whole franchise up so that he can build it from the ground up. If a player has value like Hall does and doesn't fit in to the scheme of Smith and TD (which we can only speculate since we don't know the scheme) then trade his a$$ off so we can get young talent and mold them to our likings.

It's a smart business move, though i know it isn't the popular move on these boards.

agreed

Rev.Jesse Jackson. (2/24/2008)
bush (2/24/2008)
While we're on the subject of re-signing players, why hasn't Boley gotten a new contract yet?!?! Free Agency is nearing and we still haven't signed him, I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm starting to get a bit worried.
With that Thomas dude running things he will be gone before the draft.

Thomas for president!

BirdsOfPrey (2/24/2008)
bigpoon (2/24/2008)
BirdsOfPrey (2/24/2008)
Do what you have to do, TD, to make this a better and stronger team down the line. I appreciate that you (TD) aren't only looking to the 2008 and 2009 seasons.

WHAT????????

Simply put, Hall has a lot of trade value. Value that could get extra picks that we can use to build this team stronger beyond just the 2008 and 2009 seasons. It seems as though TD is shaking this whole franchise up so that he can build it from the ground up. If a player has value like Hall does and doesn't fit in to the scheme of Smith and TD (which we can only speculate since we don't know the scheme) then trade his a$$ off so we can get young talent and mold them to our likings.

It's a smart business move, though i know it isn't the popular move on these boards.

All great points BOP, but I find it hard to believe that whatever "scheme" they are running, they could find a way to fit DHall into it. How do we know he won't be any good in the Cover 2, which is what a lot of people are implying about Hall?

BirdsOfPrey (2/24/2008)

bush (2/24/2008)

While we're on the subject of re-signing players, why hasn't Boley gotten a new contract yet?!?! Free Agency is nearing and we still haven't signed him, I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm starting to get a bit worried.

Seriously, how old are you? I'm guessing 13 or 12.

Are you directing that at me or Rev.Jesse.Jackson?

BirdsOfPrey (2/24/2008)
bush (2/24/2008)

Seriously, how old are you? I'm guessing 13 or 12.

Try 18.

BirdsOfPrey (2/24/2008)
bigpoon (2/24/2008)
BirdsOfPrey (2/24/2008)

WHAT????????

No offense, but that doesn't really make sense. "Simply put, Hall has a lot of trade value." So what, that just means that he is a very good (and YOUNG) player. Tom Brady has trade value, Ed Reed has trade value, Patrick Willis has trade value, just because someone has trade value it doesn't mean you should trade them. In fact, if you trade them and you're not getting a sure-thing in return (and first round picks are FAR from a sure-thing) it's a terrible move.

Mike Smith has been quoted as saying that D. Hall fits the scheme, so I don't think that's the problem. I just think it's foolish to trade a player that has proven himself on this team, is 24, and has actually said that he wants to play here, for draft picks or some combination of picks and players.

Guest JBopper
BirdsOfPrey (2/24/2008)

Agreed, TD and Smith will do what is right for the team.They are in control not us.