D. Hall and Smith make peace

atljbo

D. Hall and Smith make peace

By D. Orlando Ledbetter | Sunday, February 24, 2008, 04:01 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Indianapolis A group off 18 media teams members of the Pro Football Writers of Association watched the second group of wide receivers and quarterbacks workout at the combine in the RCA Dome Sunday. Most were disappointed that Boston College quarterback and potential Falcons draft pick Matt Ryan did not participate. Stunningly, Kentucky s Andre Woodson also did not throw. Woodson had a rough time at the Senior Bowl and is dropping out of the first round on several draft boards. Here s the group of QB s who threw and went through the drills: Anthony Morelli, Penn State; Sam Keller, Nebraska; Kyle Wright, Miami; Bernard Morris, Marshall; Paul Smith,Tulsa; Kevin O Connell, San Diego State; Thomas Ostrander, Stanford; and Adam Tafralis, San Jose State. Former Falcons offensive coordinator Greg Knapp, now with Oakland, put the quarterbacks through their drills, while Philadelphia receivers coach David Culley worked with the receivers. Smith threw a pretty deep ball, while Tafralis had some nice zip on his passes. Keller was wild on a couple his passes. Kentucky s Steve Johnson and Arkansas s Marcus Monk were the class of the receiver group. Coastal Carolina s Jerome Simpson had a few dropped passes. But some scout overlook some mistakes from the small school players and attribute them to nerves of playing on a big stage for the first time.

HALL AND SMITH SEEN HUDDLED UP IN PEACE TALKS Falcons head coach Mike Smith and embattled cornerback DeAngelo Hall met Sunday morning. The two were seen sitting side-by-side in deep discussion over the cornerback s future. After the public trade demand by Hall and Smith s comments that followed, both sides wanted the dust to settle and were not ready to comment about their talk.

atljbo

HALL AND SMITH SEEN HUDDLED UP IN PEACE TALKS Falcons head coach Mike Smith and embattled cornerback DeAngelo Hall met Sunday morning. The two were seen sitting side-by-side in deep discussion over the cornerback s future. After the public trade demand by Hall and Smith s comments that followed, both sides wanted the dust to settle and were not ready to comment about their talk.

I hope they work it out, but I'm a little confused about who would have the final call. Smith could influence TD but at the end of the day, isn't it Thomas' call? If the Coach can convince Hall he is wanted and would be valued here, then maybe they can work it out. Only way I'd want that for sure, though, is if they structured the extension so it doesn't break the cap, and he can't still walk next year anyway. Which I don't think that's what he originally wanted.

falconfoozball (2/24/2008)

I hope they work it out, but I'm a little confused about who would have the final call. Smith could influence TD but at the end of the day, isn't it Thomas' call? If the Coach can convince Hall he is wanted and would be valued here, then maybe they can work it out. Only way I'd want that for sure, though, is if they structured the extension so it doesn't break the cap, and he can't still walk next year anyway. Which I don't think that's what he originally wanted.

I think TD has the final say so. I remember reading last week that Smith wanted to lock Hall up but the FO were taking offers for Hall.

Bloodhoundz Reborn (2/24/2008)
falconfoozball (2/24/2008)

I think TD has the final say so. I remember reading last week that Smith wanted to lock Hall up but the FO were taking offers for Hall.

agree, but its pissing me off, because TD has to work with Smith. if smith wants Hall, then i think we should work to resign him.

TD makes the final call ....all he told d-hall was we was hearing trade talks and its no doubt he will be traded now....D-Hall took TD's comment about us entertaining trades for him to we no longer want you hear.....come on d-hall...dude acts like a lil girl sometimes

The Lions are i entertaining trades for roy williams and the panthers has been entertaining trades for jenkins for years and neither of those guys are crying or making dunb ##### comments to try to help there ego

Im a huge D-Hall fan but yoo...Im tired of dude crying....thats not a leader

bigpoon (2/24/2008)
texasbirdfan (2/24/2008)
good to see we got a coach with some diplomatic tendencies.

I thought Keller would be a great sleeper, I guess he didn't shine too well

dustin keller has just guaranteed his self an top 25 guy....

Here s the group of QB s who threw and went through the drills: Anthony Morelli, Penn State; Sam Keller, Nebraska; Kyle Wright, Miami; Bernard Morris, Marshall; Paul Smith,Tulsa; Kevin O Connell, San Diego State; Thomas Ostrander, Stanford; and Adam Tafralis, San Jose State.