Dj Shockley and his future?

proximal

AS of right now he has to be considered the starter becuase him and Joey are the only QBs on the team. I think he fits good in Mularkeys offense just like Kordell Stwert did in Pittsburg. This year looks like they will let DJ start and show what he can do and draft a rookie QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

proximal (2/24/2008)
I'm curious if he's better @ the seasons opening will the Falcons consider him to be a starter? I mean really at this point why not? They obviously wont start a drafted QB if they decide to go that route.

Thanks.

NO ONES GOING TO JUST BE GIVEN THE STARTERS JOB .... SOMEBODY IS GOING TO HAVE TO EARN IT. ROOKIE OR VET ..... THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO EARN IT.

Falconfan4197 (2/24/2008)
GEORGIAfan (2/24/2008)
well right now his only competition is harrington, and thats pretty much no competition, so i guess DJ SHOCKLEY IS DA FUTURE

Last time i checked we had a QB named Redmen.

We do? Last time I checked his name is Redman, who I believe is scheduled to become a UFA since he only signed a 1 year contract...

GEORGIAfan (2/24/2008)
well right now his only competition is harrington, and thats pretty much no competition, so i guess DJ SHOCKLEY IS DA FUTURE

THEN YOU NEED TO CHECK AGAIN. 1st hi name is redman, and 2nd he is a FA, so he is not on this team. Sorry to burst your bubble, BUT DJ SHOCKLEY IS DA FUTURE

GEORGIAfan (2/24/2008)
GEORGIAfan (2/24/2008)

THEN YOU NEED TO CHECK AGAIN. 1st hi name is redman, and 2nd he is a FA, so he is not on this team. Sorry to burst your bubble, BUT DJ SHOCKLEY IS DA FUTURE

Im sorry for my ignorance i did not hear anything about his contract being up so soon. I dont have anything against Shockley though. If the Hall for Shockey trade goes down we may be seeing a lot of Shockley, Shockey plays. That would be exciting.

This is the year DJ Shockley should get his opportunity to shine! And I believe he will make everyone who ever doubted his ability eat a big ball of crap!

I just hope they give him his opportunity. He's always been one of my favorite players on the Falcons because I've seen him enough to know he is a good person to all he meets, and he's listed as Injured Reserve on this Website right now. I know Arthur Blank really like's him not only as a player but as a person, that's been stated in the media many times, he impressed me BEFORE he was drafted from watching him play for UGA, and he impressed me even more when he was drafted by saying that it was a dream come true to finally play for the team he has always dreamed of playing for "The Atlanta Falcons".

He's not just a mobile QB, and that's not the only reason I am saying that, I am saying what I said because the MAN HAS HEART! He can play the game!

I hope GEORGIAfan is right, I think he is, DJ Shockley if given the chance will be the future!

GEORGIAfan (2/24/2008)
GEORGIAfan (2/24/2008)

Im sorry for my ignorance i did not hear anything about his contract being up so soon. I dont have anything against Shockley though. If the Hall for Shockey trade goes down we may be seeing a lot of Shockley, Shockey plays. That would be exciting.

its all good bro. we are all fans, and their is no need to apologize. we all learn something new. I will say that i want redman resigned, because he is better than harrington.

bigpoon (2/24/2008)
d.j was face first yesterday on the front page of the a.f. webpage,so they're in no hurry to let him leave.not when your doing face/franchise work and charity benefits promotion ads......

So was Alge Crumpler just about a month ago..... I just wanted to mention that. I'm all for keeping DJ, don't get me wrong, but I wanted to mention that.