Why is everyone here so defensive and adament about who we select?

Sting129

Take Jake Long, we need OL!

Our D-Line is garbage and we just lost Coleman, if we don't draft Dorsey or Ellis it will be a huge mistake!

McFadden is a franchise Running Back, we'd be stupid not to pick him!

QB! HELLO! We need a **** QB, draft Ryan!

----

Come on guys let's be honest, we have so many needs that any of those guys would be stellar picks. They're the elite of the elite. For all you Dorsey and Long guys, can you honestly tell me you'd be pissed if we picked McFadden? For you D-Mac lovers, you can't possibly be upset at the possibility of drafting Matt Ryan or Sedric Ellis can you? Seriously?

It would be almost impossible for us to screw up the #3 pick guys. Just cool out.

Sting129 (2/24/2008)
Take Jake Long, we need OL!

Our D-Line is garbage and we just lost Coleman, if we don't draft Dorsey or Ellis it will be a huge mistake!

McFadden is a franchise Running Back, we'd be stupid not to pick him!

QB! HELLO! We need a **** QB, draft Ryan!

----

Come on guys let's be honest, we have so many needs that any of those guys would be stellar picks. They're the elite of the elite. For all you Dorsey and Long guys, can you honestly tell me you'd be pissed if we picked McFadden? For you D-Mac lovers, you can't possibly be upset at the possibility of drafting Matt Ryan or Sedric Ellis can you? Seriously?

It would be almost impossible for us to screw up the #3 pick guys. Just cool out.

I just hope that who we draft doesn't turn out to be like Aundray Bruce, Bruce Pickens, or Michael Booker.

halsey (2/24/2008)
It's hard not to be emotional about draft picks when you've been a Falcons fan for a long time. Yes, nobody here actually has an impact on the pick, but still, it's fun to argue about
You are right. I just hope the pick is not a bust. Several of the Falcons picks, that were made early in the draft, have been disappointments.

I kind of like reading them, it really shows how different fans look at the same game or team and see it in an entirely different way than I do. It's fairly easy to weed the emotional ones for the thoughtful ones. The problem is that all of us are emotional beings and tend to let emotion cloud logic. I fall into the group that wants to put priority on the O-line although I'm not sold on a particular way to do it. Draft or FA just so the falcons address the O-line and doesn't let it go again. How much of that is logic and how much emotion I do not know. Hopefully the guys getting paid to mak these selections are trained to put aside emotions and do the logical thing.

Michael Skelton (2/24/2008)
halsey (2/24/2008)
It's hard not to be emotional about draft picks when you've been a Falcons fan for a long time. Yes, nobody here actually has an impact on the pick, but still, it's fun to argue about
You are right. I just hope the pick is not a bust. Several of the Falcons picks, that were made early in the draft, have been disappointments.

Who exactly are you talking about.

Early Atlanta Falcons NFL Draft History for the last decade:

1 - Jamaal Anderson, DE Arkansas

2 - Justin Blalock, T Texas

2 - Chris Houston, DB Arkansas

3 - Laurent Robinson, WR Illinois State

2 - Jimmy Williams, DB Virginia Tech

3 - Jerious Norwood, RB Mississippi State

1 - Roddy White, WR Alabama-Birmingham

2 - Jonathan Babineaux, DT Iowa

1 - DeAngelo Hall, DB Virginia Tech

1 - Michael Jenkins, WR Ohio State

3 - Matt Schaub, QB Virginia

4 - Demorrio Williams, LB Nebraska

2 - Bryan Scott DB Penn State

4 - Justin Griffith RB Mississippi State

1 - T.J. Duckett, RB Michigan State

1 - Michael Vick, QB Virginia Tech

2 - Alge Crumpler, TE North Carolina

1 - Patrick Kerney, DE Virginia

1 - Keith Brooking, LB Georgia Tech

I do not think these are disappointing for the last decade.

2 - Jimmy Williams, DB Virginia Tech-- bust

3 - Jerious Norwood, RB Mississippi State--good

1 - Roddy White, WR Alabama-Birmingham-- good

2 - Jonathan Babineaux, DT Iowa--meh

1 - DeAngelo Hall, DB Virginia Tech-- good player

1 - Michael Jenkins, WR Ohio State-- bust

3 - Matt Schaub, QB Virginia-- don't know

4 - Demorrio Williams, LB Nebraska-- good player

2 - Bryan Scott DB Penn State-- bust

4 - Justin Griffith RB Mississippi State-- nice player

1 - T.J. Duckett, RB Michigan State-- bust

1 - Michael Vick, QB Virginia Tech-- good while he was here, but he's kindof in prison right now

2 - Alge Crumpler, TE North Carolina-- good pick

1 - Patrick Kerney, DE Virginia--great pick

1 - Keith Brooking, LB Georgia Tech--great pick

I don't know man, some of those were busts but a lot of them aren't even on the team any more, and 1 is in prison.