Do you think we need Darren

Falconfan4197

I personally think the need factor is not there because we have Norwood. I think we need someone that can pound it in the red-zone.(Red zone is where we hurt the most last season.) I would like to re-instate T.J. Duckett with a one year deal to see what he can do. If he does not do the job, we can go for another big guy.

No, we don't need McFadden.

1. We have a similar back in Norwood. If we don't cut Dunn, I really don't see us taking a first round RB, especially at a position that's NOT an immediate need. We can get a good back in the later rounds...one that can be an everydown back. McFadden had Felix Jones (a between the tackles runner) to give him a breather.

2. Picking a RB that high would cost too much money to sign and we don't need to load up on a position that will more than likely hold out until he gets his money.

3. And last and the most important: WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER PUBLIC RELATIONS PICK. The people of Atlanta need a reality check. They've been so acclimated to come and see one particular highlighted player for years and that needs to stop. I could see if we had the pieces in place to add a McFadden, but we don't. If we don't get a decent o-line, drafting McFadden would be a waste of time and money.

Falconfan4197 (2/24/2008)
I personally think the need factor is not there because we have Norwood. I think we need someone that can pound it in the red-zone.(Red zone is where we hurt the most last season.) I would like to re-instate T.J. Duckett with a one year deal to see what he can do. If he does not do the job, we can go for another big guy.
Absolutly not. I think that we need an offensive line to open holes for our running backs to run through. I will say again, it is way too risky to pick that guy that early. Games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage. The St. Louis Rams drafted Orlando Pace and solidified their o-line before they accuired Marshall Faulk. Their line was in place before they were, ugh, " The greatest show on turf."

Sting129 (2/24/2008)
You're asking us if we need a franchise Running Back?

nah, who needs those?

It is an interesting point you bring up. Who was the last team to win a Superbowl with a RB that they drafted top 10 on their team? The only one I found in the last 30 years was Jamal Lewis in 2000 with the Ravens. The next closest is Tony Dorsett being drafted in 1977.

We don't need him. Now that I've see Forte run and have numbers on him, I would take Forte. Some scouting reports said after the senior bowl that he could go as high as round 2. With his official times being in the 4.4, it could happen.

He ran from 2k, I don't care who you play, he did it against division 1 schools. Even against LSU he still had a nice yards per carry average. Forte is the guy I target, not McFadden.

mrbrizzle(2/24/2008)

It is an interesting point you bring up. Who was the last team to win a Superbowl with a RB that they drafted top 10 on their team? The only one I found in the last 30 years was Jamal Lewis in 2000 with the Ravens. The next closest is Tony Dorsett being drafted in 1977.

Wat about the Saints and Bush.

McFadden is a Short yardage and Red Zone back,

who ,

BTW,

can throw a Pass like he did in college for TDs too

14/22 205 9.3, 7 tds!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_McFadden

Sorry you missed all the games,

Youtube critics, what can i say!

He runs up the Middle through the very small spaces with Defenders everywhere,

it is hard to explain,

but it normally verses very stout Defenses!

we need playmakers and mcfadden is a playmaker. he scored 41 tds, norwood has scored like 3 in 2 years. mcfadden can do it all and that does mean he can run the ball in the middle.

i cant believe some of you guys actually think mcfadden is a norwood clone. that is just crazy and those making those statements should watch game tape of him.

No he is just another Jerious Norwood type. If we draft a back we could go with Forte, from Tulane, or Smith, from Central Florida, with our second 2nd round pick. Dmac is just another fast back who won't be able to run between the tackles. Not saying he coudn't run between the tackles, but our offensive line is terrbile, and he couldn't do it here.

Richard Nixon (2/24/2008)
We need a running back that can carry the load, that is McFadden.
He'll carry the load as well as Bush does. DMC will need help back there and as much as I like Snelling I don't think that this will be a great combo. We'll be looking for another back by next year while many of you still make excuses. Norwood runs the same 40, is only 6 pounds lighter and an inch and a half shorter which is basically the same proportion. DMC will need what we don't have, an OL.

Legion (2/24/2008)
He'll carry the load as well as Bush does. DMC will need help back there and as much as I like Snelling I don't think that this will be a great combo. We'll be looking for another back by next year while many of you still make excuses. Norwood runs the same 40, is only 6 pounds lighter and an inch and a half shorter which is basically the same proportion. DMC will need what we don't have, an OL.

Bush carried the ball in the PAC-10, and White got many of the short-yardage carries. McFadden got those carries, in the SEC, and he got the ball a whole lot. McFadden is a very special talent, we have to get an offensive line, sure, no one doesn't believe that, but McFadden is too great a talent to pass because we think one need is greater than another on a team full of needs.

Legion (2/24/2008)

Bush carried the ball in the PAC-10, and White got many of the short-yardage carries. McFadden got those carries, in the SEC, and he got the ball a whole lot. McFadden is a very special talent, we have to get an offensive line, sure, no one doesn't believe that, but McFadden is too great a talent to pass because we think one need is greater than another on a team full of needs.

He had a good OL in the SEC. We still don't have one. When you have a lesser OL you need a guy who can make a hole, not someone he needs one.

mbrizzle (2/24/2008)
Yeah. I dont really think he's a need at all. But neither was Peterson last year. Sometimes, if there's an exceptional player, you might just have to take him.

Why do people find it necessary to compare McFadden to Peterson.. do you know how rare it is to find a Peterson? Seriously that is just a baseless comparison.... Mcfadden doesn't have NEAR the vision or ability as peterson..... McFadden also goes down on first contact... a better comparison would be with Reggie Bush... he will be a Scat back in the NFL

Petrino is NOT my hero (2/24/2008)
mbrizzle (2/24/2008)
Yeah. I dont really think he's a need at all. But neither was Peterson last year. Sometimes, if there's an exceptional player, you might just have to take him.

Why do people find it necessary to compare McFadden to Peterson.. do you know how rare it is to find a Peterson? Seriously that is just a baseless comparison.... Mcfadden doesn't have NEAR the vision or ability as peterson..... McFadden also goes down on first contact... a better comparison would be with Reggie Bush... he will be a Scat back in the NFL

You got some scouting reports to share with us yet? You've talked about McFadden's vision constantly, yet I've yet to see any support for this claim, while I have posted plenty to refute it.

http://profootballexperts.scout.com/a.z?s=...3295116&yr=2008

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/prospe...n_mcfadden.html

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...enmcfadden.html

mbrizzle (2/24/2008)

You got some scouting reports to share with us yet? You've talked about McFadden's vision constantly, yet I've yet to see any support for this claim, while I have posted plenty to refute it.

http://profootballexperts.scout.com/a.z?s=...3295116&yr=2008

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/prospe...n_mcfadden.html

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...enmcfadden.html

Ya i actually watched him play 6 of his games this year and about 4 last year... i dont need a scouting report to form my opinions.. but obviously you do... o well

mbrizzle (2/24/2008)

comparing bush to mcfadden is terrible however i would compare mcfadden to like a clinton portis but better.