• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SpikeSpiegel (2/24/2008)
Petrino is NOT my hero (2/24/2008)
Richard Nixon (2/24/2008)
Obviously you ain't no rocket scientist.

Says the person drooling over a overated scat back

So he played three guys that will be in the NFL last year, and he gave up one sack. That averages out to about five or six sacks in the NFL, though to be realistic, NFL defensive ends are going to be more consistent and dangerous. Chris Williams is the bes LT prospect.

Don't jump on the RT bandwagon everyone who hates jake long is riding...this guy is a beast!

The combination of the Falcons being very weak at **** near every position, and some nice top talent in this draft, has me not upset at the idea of drafting any of these cats.

People keep saying, "If we draft __Player X__ we'll be making a huge mistake." And I just dont see it at the top of this draft. If we happen to get Jake Long, Matt Ryan, Sedrick Ellis, Darren McFadden, I wont be bummed at all. I've liked Jake Long all season though.

I agree. Long would be the smart pick, the guy is going to anchor a line for a long time to come. Probably with many Pro Bowls.

It's tough to think of passing on a possible signature franchise player like McFadden or a QB of the future in Ryan, but I'd go with Long over the defensive linemen (and I am a scientist, a chemist).

In case we are forgetting we have someone on the end that can help him during practice his trouble with speed rushers (John Abraham). We all know that he will be able to play right tackle so either way we get a 10+ year starter at the tackle position. Just another way to look at the scenario.

Anybody out there that thinks we will draft Mcfadden will be very dissapointed come draft day. I can promise you dimitroff will never risk it ,and I don't blame him. We need mature and high character guys on this team!

It's true there are no truely safe picks. There are always exceptions. OT is not the only position to have busts that were thought to be safe picks: Charles Rodgers, Blair Thomas, Steve Emtman, Quentin Coryatt, Rick Mirer. You can pretty much name a player or 5 at every position that was supposed to be 'safe' pick. A team can only do so much.

Mr.900 (2/24/2008)
Hes a safe pick at right tackle but not the left. I like this guy but he will much as a project player then Jamal if we try to throw him in the LT spot.

Project??

Don't forget that Weiner is a LT playing RT because Vick was left handed. If Long can't go at left put him at RT and Weiner back at LT.

Dirty_DVD (2/24/2008)
kj (2/24/2008)
with the third pick! This isn't rocket science! Safe and solid pick is what we need ,and this is the way to go.

Clady or another true LT. Sweet feet at LT, not just a mauler out-of-position.

There is no real out of position problem with either Long or Clady (I Like either or both).

Weiner is a LT playing RT because Vick was left handed

So Weiner RT or LT and Cladey LT

or

Weiner LT or RT and Long RT or LT

I just HOPE we get one of them!!

kj (2/24/2008)
with the third pick! This isn't rocket science! Safe and solid pick is what we need ,and this is the way to go.
This would be the best move the Falcons could make. It would tell me, as a fan, that the Falcons are thnking with their heads rather than their hearts. It would tell me that they were serious this time. Build the trenches! The guy is a beast! He would be a big help to our o-line.

All this "he's a RT' is just people talking out of thier azz and spinning what they've heard and read. There are questions about whether Long would be able to handle playing LT, but they are just that, questions. Jamaal Brown had the same questions and he's now a Pro Bowl LT. If teams didn't think Long could play LT he wouldn't be a sure top 5 pick.