This Just In..........

Guest Gritz

These repeated threads about 'I DON"T WANT TO HEAR IT!"....or "YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED" are getting real old real fast. The implication in these poorly thought out posts is that the fanbase's like or dislike of a particular player decides the fate of that player.

I have been a fan of the Falcons for more years than I want to count at this point. I have yet to get a phone call from Dimitroff, Rich McKay, Ken Herock, Eddie LeBaron or any other Falcon GM asking my opinion on player movement.

Hey, here's a thought. Instead of taking your frustration about your favorite player being traded or cut out on your fellow Falcon fans, write a letter to Arthur Blank, Rich McKay or Thomas Dimitroff. Don't go to the games or buy any Falcon merchandise if it bothers you that much. If you're extremely angry maybe it's time for you to go root for another team.

Being mad at your brethren Falcon fans for actions that aren't in their control is beyond idiotic.....

What do you mean, "fans don't make trades?" You mean to tell me that the Rev. Jesse Jackson doesn't actually run the show for the Falcons? That Gimmesomo isn't going to draft Josh Johnson for us and Monson007 isn't drafting Colt Brennan for us?

That all the UGA fans don't get to draft every single Bulldog that happens to be in the draft?

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!

I was scared that Rev. Jackson would turn our team into his own personal platform for stupidity and false agendas.

Whew.... I can sleep at night again.

great post Gritz... as always...

Did I strike a nerve Rev? Every time I read a post that has the tired "STFU" line in it that screams to me that the poster is really saying "I'm not intelligent enough to formulate an argument or a counterpoint to what you wrote."

Duly noted Rev. You just can't engage in intelligent discussion.

These repeated threads about 'I DON"T WANT TO HEAR IT!"....or "YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED" are getting real old real fast. The implication in these poorly thought out posts is that the fanbase's like or dislike of a particular player decides the fate of that player.

The "delusions of granduer syndrome". Unfortunately, there are many people who post here with that attitude.

I have been a fan of the Falcons for more years than I want to count at this point. I have yet to get a phone call from Dimitroff, Rich McKay, Ken Herock, Eddie LeBaron or any other Falcon GM asking my opinion on player movement.

Agreed and the day I recieve such a phone call is the day I cease to be a Falcon Fan.

Hey, here's a thought. Instead of taking your frustration about your favorite player being traded or cut out on your fellow Falcon fans, write a letter to Arthur Blank, Rich McKay or Thomas Dimitroff. Don't go to the games or buy any Falcon merchandise if it bothers you that much. If you're extremely angry maybe it's time for you to go root for another team.

What you state are the ONLY powers that a Fan has and should ONLY have. Good post.

gritblitzer (2/24/2008)

Being mad at your brethren Falcon fans for actions that aren't in their control is beyond idiotic.....

Well put gritblitzer, well put. I agree 100%.

Thanks goosedaddy.....I tried to quote you but this dang board is fickle....

We all on here obviously have our feelings about what the Birds should do, but like the guy in an above post wisely said, the day anyone from the Falcons does call me and asks me personally about a move it will tell me that the front office has collectively lost its' mind and isn't worthy of anyone's support.

If we can't be advisors...which we're not, what da **** do we pay our money and loyalties for? For me it's the right to vent and the right celebrate, if that time ever comes. I know I didn't sweat any where near Flowery Branch...but when this team loses, so do I. It's win/win for me. If I don't like it and It turns out to be for the good of the team. I win. If I don't like it and it doesn't work...I feel some gratification...but inside I hurt. Despite that...I've paid money for nothing but loserville. Who else pays money for something that statistically will fail? We do...so despite not having an input, we vent. Because we have to get something of value, which the Falcons have failed to give us.

birdweiserrr (2/24/2008)
This just in too:

We won 4 games last year with Crumpler and Hall and Coleman.

I posted in a reply to one of these constant whiners earlier this week that it wasn't like Dimitroff was breaking up the '78 Steelers....

I believe the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

I agree with you gritblitzer, It is a shame that most people don't think about what they want to say. I think people just want to complain. It happens in my business, it happens everywhere. It seems that it is easier for some folks to just thoughtlessly whine and cry about the percieved negativity, rather than to actually think about something positive and uplifting. Thanks for bringing it up! Good Post!

Gritz, I honestly think some of the guys on this board think that they are better suited and qualified to make roster and talent decisions.

I certainly have my opinions but I am certainly not TD or Coach Smith or even Rich McKay for that matter.

I find it humorous that so many Board Members act like they are seasoned FO workers and then come back with responses like STFU. (with God written just below that)

I wish some of the old COC rules would be enforced.

gritblitzer (2/24/2008)
birdweiserrr (2/24/2008)
This just in too:

We won 4 games last year with Crumpler and Hall and Coleman.

I posted in a reply to one of these constant whiners earlier this week that it wasn't like Dimitroff was breaking up the '78 Steelers....

I believe the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

That is first step to recovery.

I don't suffer from that delusion goosedaddy (that I know anywhere near the amount of football that people like Dimitroff do...). I'm like virtually everyone else that comes on this board. Some draft picks and free agent pickups leave me scratching my head, but I haven't ever thought that we made bad moves because we didn't scout a player or do our homework.

But I surely haven't ever blamed someone on the message board for a personnel decision. That's about as smart as asking Rosie O' Donnell for some dieting tips.

gritblitzer (2/24/2008)
Did I strike a nerve Rev? Every time I read a post that has the tired "STFU" line in it that screams to me that the poster is really saying "I'm not intelligent enough to formulate an argument or a counterpoint to what you wrote."

Duly noted Rev. You just can't engage in intelligent discussion.

Amen to that