Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gazoo

DeAngelo Hall has been part of the problem, not part of solution

201 posts in this topic

bigmildog....wassuup? Big gameday here!

How you doing man. Yeah it is a big game, thank goodness for the Sunday Ticket or I wouldn't be watching any Falcons games this season. Nice job with the thread, it is right on the money as usual.

I LOVE DeAngelo Halls play on the field most weeks in most years. He has all the ability in the world to be one of the best prue cover corners in the NFL. If we were a Super Bowl contender I would not want to trade him, but we are trying to build a team right now. The timing is a factor here, someting nobody is talking about. Yes, he may help a team like Dallas or the Giants RIGT NOW, but we are not anywhere near where those teams are.

My problem with DeAngelo has to do with his selfishness, self centeredness and 8 year old maturity level . There is one thing you cannot deny on the New England roster, the culture of "we". With rare exception, New England player are united and play as a team. This locker room unity is one of the secrets of long term success. Locker room unity is very underated by most fans, but not by our new GM Dimitroff.

Exhibit A:

Ultimate "Me player". Trying to pad his interception stats at the end of halftime on Hail Mary instead of hitting ball to ground as most team players would have done. He didn't have his teams back, he had his own back.

Exhibit B:

Media Mouth Piece- DeAngelos chronic media diarhea is and has been unaccaptable. I ma not talking about an isolated incident, I'm talking about a pattern of unprofessional demands and crying about him not getting what he thinks he should be getting. The latest "Falcons stabbed me in the back" blames the Falcons for his own behavoirs that put him up on the trading block i the first place. Hall can't even see his own part in all this. My opinion is that he has stabbed his teammates and coaches in the back several times, he needs to SHUT TF UP for once.

Exhibit C:

On field meltdowns. These are also a pattern that harm the team. When he gets mad, he loses it.....he acts like a little baby and becom,es completely out of control, screaming at the coaches, refs, drawing 15 yard penalties by the bunch. When he gets beat he comes completely unglued at times.

Exhibit D:

Inconsistent performance level. A $10 Mill per year player should NOT EVER take a game off, he took most of the 2006 season off and just coasted. He wants to be payed like a Super Star but he does not always play like one. The problem wasn;t just 2006, his play goes way up and down throughout a season.

Exhibit E:

Not always coachable. Being as selfish as he is, he tells the coaches what he will and won't do.....it's all about what's best for him and has little to do with what's best for his teammates.

I say that Hall is part of the problem, not part of the solution. We need to build a locker room culture here that is a "we" culture. I am al for letting this locker room cancer go becuase in the long run, that $10 Mill per year could be better spent. His ABILTY to play well is overshadowed by his inconsistency, high pay demands and locker room presence.

this was one of Gazoo best threads well thought out and in the long run 100% correct

;)

think i said the world is coming to a end cause me and you agreed :lol::lol:

thought I had ya swifty :lol::lol::lol:

you didnt think you had anybody. You were wrong in the other thread and you arent a big enough man to admit it

What was the point of bringing this thread back?

The Great Gazoo called Swifty out in another thread saying Swift disagreed with him when Gazoo said trading Hall was a good move. So Swifty bumps this thread back up and now Gazoo doesnt have the balls to admit he was wrong

The Great Gazoo called Swifty out in another thread saying Swift disagreed with him when Gazoo said trading Hall was a good move. So Swifty bumps this thread back up and now Gazoo doesnt have the balls to admit he was wrong

lol sound like two females in middle school.

*Royal Trumpets*

Blow hard is in the house...

I love how in this thread, gazoo is calling everyone Hall apologists... Exactly what he is to Jamaal Anderson, except DeAngelo Hall has had a much more successful career than JA98.

What a phony...

*Royal Trumpets*

Blow hard is in the house...

I love how in this thread, gazoo is calling everyone Hall apologists... Exactly what he is to Jamaal Anderson, except DeAngelo Hall has had a much more successful career than JA98.

What a phony...

you better be careful or you will be put on his ignore list. :lol:

lol sound like two females in middle school.

fu shaud

i actually didnt bump this thread Gazoo did

It's a classic case of what people admire more. Talent or character. Jamaal was never a flashy player and finally realized that his success in college will not get him very far in the NFL unless he works at being the best. His character off the field is outstanding and more people should read about it.

Gazoo nailed it as to Deangelo's character and funny thing is I am watching the Redskins vs Patriots (DVR) right now and Hall got burnt by Moss and later he got called on a nasty facemask play.

It's a shame Hall has this talent that shows a spark every now and then but it's obvious that he is only half as good as he thinks he is and he is still a cheap player who let's his emotion get the best of him.

you better be careful or you will be put on his ignore list. :lol:

Ive been on it for years lol

The onlt time gazoo sees most posts is if they are quoted by someone else lol

Ive been on it for years lol

The onlt time gazoo sees most posts is if they are quoted by someone else lol

yeah, samehere

so i guess i was right as well gazoo..thanks
;)

think i said the world is coming to a end cause me and you agreed :lol::lol:

fu shaud

i actually didnt bump this thread Gazoo did

Actually that is a flat out lie. You were the first person to post in this thread since last year, twice for that matter before anyone else. So you had to be the one to bump it back to life. That is sad to be so desperate to prove your self right. the you would go back to a post from last year. Good lord man you to understand this is just a message board an not lie or death. :wacko:

Actually that is a flat out lie. You were the first person to post in this thread since last year, twice for that matter before anyone else. So you had to be the one to bump it back to life. That is sad to be so desperate to prove your self right. the you would go back to a post from last year. Good lord man you to understand this is just a message board an not lie or death. :wacko:

:lol::lol:

I didnt bump this thread up first ..Gazoo did and then he realized he made a mistake deleted his comment making my comment look like i was the first one. ;)

I will take your apology any time

I didnt bump this thread up first ..Gazoo did and then he realized he made a mistake deleted his comment making my comment look like i was the first one. ;)

gazoo is okay with me, but I've heard of him doing this kind of thing before. just ask cappy.

Well since you the only one showing I will not be giving you something you don't deserve.

I LOVE DeAngelo Halls play on the field most weeks in most years. He has all the ability in the world to be one of the best prue cover corners in the NFL. If we were a Super Bowl contender I would not want to trade him, but we are trying to build a team right now. The timing is a factor here, someting nobody is talking about. Yes, he may help a team like Dallas or the Giants RIGT NOW, but we are not anywhere near where those teams are.

My problem with DeAngelo has to do with his selfishness, self centeredness and 8 year old maturity level . There is one thing you cannot deny on the New England roster, the culture of "we". With rare exception, New England player are united and play as a team. This locker room unity is one of the secrets of long term success. Locker room unity is very underated by most fans, but not by our new GM Dimitroff.

Exhibit A:

Ultimate "Me player". Trying to pad his interception stats at the end of halftime on Hail Mary instead of hitting ball to ground as most team players would have done. He didn't have his teams back, he had his own back.

Exhibit B:

Media Mouth Piece- DeAngelos chronic media diarhea is and has been unaccaptable. I ma not talking about an isolated incident, I'm talking about a pattern of unprofessional demands and crying about him not getting what he thinks he should be getting. The latest "Falcons stabbed me in the back" blames the Falcons for his own behavoirs that put him up on the trading block i the first place. Hall can't even see his own part in all this. My opinion is that he has stabbed his teammates and coaches in the back several times, he needs to SHUT TF UP for once.

Exhibit C:

On field meltdowns. These are also a pattern that harm the team. When he gets mad, he loses it.....he acts like a little baby and becom,es completely out of control, screaming at the coaches, refs, drawing 15 yard penalties by the bunch. When he gets beat he comes completely unglued at times.

Exhibit D:

Inconsistent performance level. A $10 Mill per year player should NOT EVER take a game off, he took most of the 2006 season off and just coasted. He wants to be payed like a Super Star but he does not always play like one. The problem wasn;t just 2006, his play goes way up and down throughout a season.

Exhibit E:

Not always coachable. Being as selfish as he is, he tells the coaches what he will and won't do.....it's all about what's best for him and has little to do with what's best for his teammates.

I say that Hall is part of the problem, not part of the solution. We need to build a locker room culture here that is a "we" culture. I am al for letting this locker room cancer go becuase in the long run, that $10 Mill per year could be better spent. His ABILTY to play well is overshadowed by his inconsistency, high pay demands and locker room presence.

bump for the DeAngelo Hall apologists I see lurking