Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gazoo

DeAngelo Hall has been part of the problem, not part of solution

201 posts in this topic

Rev AL Sharpton (2/24/2008)
Sorry Gazoo....you and I are usually on the same side of the argument, but I have to respectfully disagree...

You say he was a cancer, could you provide a link from anyone credible. And why would the new HC want to keep him...if that is so.

Why are "winning franchises (the ones that have won SB's) interested in acquiring him.

Also, isn't this the same argument for bringing Moss and TO here, but the reason you want to get rid of a D-Hall?

And for the last time, we are not Patriots. The Giants didn't win this year, trying to be like the Patriots.

As far as rebuilding, this team has been rebuilding since it arrived in Atl. Rebulding is a excuse given to the fanbase...to ignore the current results and expect better next year.

You are doing the exact thing that you accuse other posters of doing. When players are on their way out, they "weren't" worth the trouble anyway. As far as 2006 goes, I seriously doubt D-Hall was begging for the 10+ yard cushion that he was giving WRs.

You keep asking for links and credible sources. Ifyou aren't smart enough to figure it out for yourself then give up.

What was the last team that one a Super Bowl that had players who demanded to be traded OFTEN and melted down on the field costing their team the game? Show me the link or credible sources to answert that. Hello!?!

The Giants' 2 best defensive players are their DE's. I have no problem with drafting or paying for DE's, but it's not enough of a need for us to spend a 1st rounder on it for the 3rd year running.

If Dorsey gets last year's #3 money he will be the highest paid DT in the NFL. I'm not convinced that DT is good value at #3 (either financially or in terms of being a premier position). All we need at DT is a big body that can eat up space and occupy blockers, and they don't cost the $8m-9m+ than Dorsey or Ellis will.

The only player "worth" the #3 money is Jake Long. If he's gone I'd be desparately looking for a trade partner.  

gazoo (3/16/2008)
ukfalc (3/16/2008)
I have really mixed feelings on this one.

My biggest concern about the trade, is that IMO CB is one of the 4 premier positon on a football team (QB, OT, DE, CB). Those are the position that are most difficult to fill, and where you want/need to use your best draft picks, spend the most money and have yourbest players.

I disagree, and here is why:

The NYGs won the Super Bowl with an outstanding DL on defense that caused Tom Brady fits before he could get the ball out.NYGs had no premier cover corner against the bestpassing offense in the NFL that broke rcords for TD passes and still won.The NYG CBs were plenty good enough becuase of the DL. They beat Tom Brady and that stud packed offense by beating them in the trenches, not by out covering their WR's.

The financial resources are better spent on the DL than on the CBs.

Houston is a good young CB tha we got in the 2nd round last year, and we have 3 picks in tha same area this year. We get another good young CB lke Houston this year again and we will be fine, AS LONG AS WE CONTINUE BUIOLDING THE DL.

You know who will make Houston a better CB? Dorsey.

I said the same exact thing in another thread

falconjack777 (3/16/2008)
Rev AL Sharpton (2/24/2008)
Sorry Gazoo....you and I are usually on the same side of the argument, but I have to respectfully disagree...

You say he was a cancer, could you provide a link from anyone credible. And why would the new HC want to keep him...if that is so.

Why are "winning franchises (the ones that have won SB's) interested in acquiring him.

Also, isn't this the same argument for bringing Moss and TO here, but the reason you want to get rid of a D-Hall?

And for the last time, we are not Patriots. The Giants didn't win this year, trying to be like the Patriots.

As far as rebuilding, this team has been rebuilding since it arrived in Atl. Rebulding is a excuse given to the fanbase...to ignore the current results and expect better next year.

You are doing the exact thing that you accuse other posters of doing. When players are on their way out, they "weren't" worth the trouble anyway. As far as 2006 goes, I seriously doubt D-Hall was begging for the 10+ yard cushion that he was giving WRs.

You keep asking for links and credible sources. Ifyou aren't smart enough to figure it out for yourself then give up.

What was the last team that one a Super Bowl that had players who demanded to be traded OFTEN and melted down on the field costing their team the game? Show me the link or credible sources to answert that. Hello!?!

Keyshawn Johnson, Tampa Bay....

Gazoo, the original post of this thread is the perfect explanation of the DeAngelo Hall problem.

The Falcons had no choice but to let him go.

On the bright side for D-Hall, he's going to the perfect team for fellows of his ilk.

Gazoo, the original post of this thread is the perfect explanation of the DeAngelo Hall problem.</P><P>The Falcons had no choice but to let him go.</P><P>On the bright side for D-Hall, he's going to the perfect team for fellows of his ilk.

Thanks Jayvee

Way to bring this thread back from the dead. Oh & Hall pretty much proved with his play against Denver what point Gazoo was trying to make.

Way to bring this thread back from the dead. Oh & Hall pretty much proved with his play against Denver what point Gazoo was trying to make.

Well, there's proof for the haters that Gazoo isnt full of hot air! ;)

Dead on the mark.

It's a shame for Hall because it looks like he'll never become the player he could have if he wasn't such a head case....and it has become obvious too that he keeps his own counsel.....No one will ever be able to reach him.

I LOVE DeAngelo Halls play on the field most weeks in most years. He has all the ability in the world to be one of the best prue cover corners in the NFL. If we were a Super Bowl contender I would not want to trade him, but we are trying to build a team right now. The timing is a factor here, someting nobody is talking about. Yes, he may help a team like Dallas or the Giants RIGT NOW, but we are not anywhere near where those teams are.

My problem with DeAngelo has to do with his selfishness, self centeredness and 8 year old maturity level . There is one thing you cannot deny on the New England roster, the culture of "we". With rare exception, New England player are united and play as a team. This locker room unity is one of the secrets of long term success. Locker room unity is very underated by most fans, but not by our new GM Dimitroff.

Exhibit A:

Ultimate "Me player". Trying to pad his interception stats at the end of halftime on Hail Mary instead of hitting ball to ground as most team players would have done. He didn't have his teams back, he had his own back.

Exhibit B:

Media Mouth Piece- DeAngelos chronic media diarhea is and has been unaccaptable. I ma not talking about an isolated incident, I'm talking about a pattern of unprofessional demands and crying about him not getting what he thinks he should be getting. The latest "Falcons stabbed me in the back" blames the Falcons for his own behavoirs that put him up on the trading block i the first place. Hall can't even see his own part in all this. My opinion is that he has stabbed his teammates and coaches in the back several times, he needs to SHUT TF UP for once.

Exhibit C:

On field meltdowns. These are also a pattern that harm the team. When he gets mad, he loses it.....he acts like a little baby and becom,es completely out of control, screaming at the coaches, refs, drawing 15 yard penalties by the bunch. When he gets beat he comes completely unglued at times.

Exhibit D:

Inconsistent performance level. A $10 Mill per year player should NOT EVER take a game off, he took most of the 2006 season off and just coasted. He wants to be payed like a Super Star but he does not always play like one. The problem wasn;t just 2006, his play goes way up and down throughout a season.

Exhibit E:

Not always coachable. Being as selfish as he is, he tells the coaches what he will and won't do.....it's all about what's best for him and has little to do with what's best for his teammates.

I say that Hall is part of the problem, not part of the solution. We need to build a locker room culture here that is a "we" culture. I am al for letting this locker room cancer go becuase in the long run, that $10 Mill per year could be better spent. His ABILTY to play well is overshadowed by his inconsistency, high pay demands and locker room presence.

You know, I'm so sick and tired of people actually complaining about D-Hall trying to intercept that pass in the endzone. If he would have made that catch, you guys wouldn't be complaining. I don't care whether you like him or not, that's your right. You guys need to stop complaining about a player trying to make a play though.

You know, I'm so sick and tired of people actually complaining about D-Hall trying to intercept that pass in the endzone.

Oh boy, another DeAngelo Hall apologist. <_<

You are welcome to support selfish players that care more about their stats than they do winning, but thank God you aren't running the franchise. Hall was a cancer, and that play was just another example in many of why.

Your boy was covering a rookie WR last week and that rookie WR currently leads the NFL in receiving yards. Hall got his money and has lost his only motivation to play hard now. All this stuff is tied together....selfishness.

You are welcome to support selfish players that care more about their stats than they do winning, but thank God you aren't running the franchise. Hall was a cancer, and that play was just another example in many of why.

Your boy was covering a rookie WR last week and that rookie WR currently leads the NFL in receiving yards. Hall got his money and has lost his only motivation to play hard now. All this stuff is tied together....selfishness.

AMEN brother..... Preach on.....

Dude I don't give a **** about D-Hall. He isn't with the Falcons team so I don't care. Stop complaining because the guy tried to make a play. Geez. This has nothing to do with me running a franchise. The guy was trying to make a play. Why do you even care about D-Hall anyway. He isn't even on this team and you are still complaining. How the **** is Hall a cancer because he tried to make a play. That's a bit of a reach. I'm so tired of people still complaining about D-Hall and he isn't even on the team. Go cry somewhere else.

How the **** is Hall a cancer because he tried to make a play.

Yes, that was my argument.......you win.

The rookie Hall was covering last week that leads the NFL in receiving yards, I don't blame Hall for those two emotional meltodown personal fouls that cost his team 30 yards. I will defend Hall if I see anyone criticize him for those fouls. After all, he IS DeAngelo Hall and demands to get paid more than anyone else!

Yes, that was my argument.......you win.

The rookie Hall was covering last week that leads the NFL in receiving yards, I don't blame Hall for those two emotional meltodown personal fouls that cost his team 30 yards. I will defend Hall if I see anyone criticize him for those fouls. After all, he IS DeAngelo Hall and demands to get paid more than anyone else!

Blah, blah, blah blah, blah, He's a Raider.

This would fall under the "when your right, your right" category! Gazoo on the money again.

bigmildog....wassuup? Big gameday here!