Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gazoo

DeAngelo Hall has been part of the problem, not part of solution

201 posts in this topic

the evil emperor (2/25/2008)
Agreed 100% with you Rev. We can't continue to get rid of our best players to go on some 5-7 year rebuilding project.

This city will not take the Falcons losing for the next 5-7 years.

We need to keep our best players because at the end of the day, players making plays are what wins games for you not "systems".

Also if you get rid of Hall for a couple of draft picks, it could take up to 3 years for a rookie to be as productive as Hall is now.

Do you all remember that game where Hall almost had 5 ints in the same game ?

Hall is elite, no matter what some of you say.

Good post dude.

ukfalc (2/24/2008)
I have mixed feelings about this one. Part of me thinks that Hall is too good a talent to let go this easily, although I must admit that his attitude has always been a concern to me.

:laugh: at the biggest Vick agologist on these boards criticsing another player for being a "Me player", for inconsistent performances and for not always being coachable. The irony...

I feel the same...

SomeOtherGuy (2/25/2008)
I'm a manager at work. I've had guys on my team who were extremely talented, smart, and good people, but caused non-stop distractions because they couldn't stop whining and complaining. They eventually had to be let go because the organization simply spent too much time dealing with their "issues" -- time which would have been better spent dealing with the business.

The situation with Hall is no different. The new Falcons management has too many real issues to deal with and can't afford to be constantly distracted by Hall's antics.

There are some people who, when they enter the room, move the conversation forward; then there are others who stop it dead in its tracks or even take it backwards. Unfortunately, Hall appears to be of the latter variety.

I have been a manager too and I can tell you, you have to listen and understand WHY people are complaining. If they are simply bitching to be bitching, then you are correct.

But some people will complain because they have a fire in their belly and don't want to accept ever being # 2 at anything.Some people complain because they do their jobs, and do it well and get tired of the company surrounding them with workers that will work for less, be good little minions and leave the good workers that much more work to do.

Sure Deangelo has made some mistakes on the field, just as workers on my crew made mistakes on the job.

But you know what is true about the workers who NEVER make mistakes? They never make mistakes because they never do a **** thing. The ones who never complain are the ones who hide in the corners and fly under the radar, give you a good 4 hours work out of an 8 hour day, because complaining would draw attention to them and their sad little work.

Oh sure, they never make mistakes and never complain. but they will keep your company ##### deep in mediocrity forever.

Give me a guy that is great at his job, unafraid to take risks, make mistakes and is never happy being mediocre, even if it means I have to listen to his valid complaints. And allow me to be a manager who understands complaining and mistakes aren't always a bad thing.

phocis850 (2/25/2008)
Very good post.

As for Rev Al Sharptons reply on page 3 or so...

Just one reason why that man gets no respect in my book.

Care to explain what was wrong with my post?

Rev AL Sharpton (2/25/2008)
phocis850 (2/25/2008)
Very good post.

You were right.:angry::P

My opinion of D Hall as a D-Back is that he is over-rated. His coverage skills are good, but definately not great. Hall can shut down a smaller WR with speed, but he has difficulty vs the larger WR's with speed (Chad Johnson, Bolden, or Fitzgerald type of of WRs).

Other questions are: How is D Hall in tackling the WR after a catch has been made? How is D Hall in his run support. I have always seen D Hall's tackling in comparison to Dion Sanders. The only problem, D Hall is no where in comparison to Dion.

I do wish that we would have used D Hall more often on Kickoff and Punt Returns.

Bottomline: For the distractions that he occasionally causes, for the self-implosions, and for not performing to the level of his ratings....I think he is being over paid, thus expendable for a good trade offer.

I tried to reply to your manager post Pencil ...but it was toooo long...

You were spot on...

I have my moments.:P

I just realize that sometimes people complain for a reason and mistakes happen unless you are inert.

I have been a manager too and I can tell you, you have to listen and understand WHY people are complaining. If they are simply bitching to be bitching, then you are correct.

But some people will complain because they have a fire in their belly and don't want to accept ever being # 2 at anything.Some people complain because they do their jobs, and do it well and get tired of the company surrounding them with workers that will work for less, be good little minions and leave the good workers that much more work to do.

Sure Deangelo has made some mistakes on the field, just as workers on my crew made mistakes on the job.

But you know what is true about the workers who NEVER make mistakes? They never make mistakes because they never do a **** thing. The ones who never complain are the ones who hide in the corners and fly under the radar, give you a good 4 hours work out of an 8 hour day, because complaining would draw attention to them and their sad little work.

Oh sure, they never make mistakes and never complain. but they will keep your company ##### deep in mediocrity forever.

Give me a guy that is great at his job, unafraid to take risks, make mistakes and is never happy being mediocre, even if it means I have to listen to his valid complaints. And allow me to be a manager who understands complaining and mistakes aren't always a bad thing.

OMG!!! It is definitely a new day. I never thought I would be in agreement with the Pencil Pusher Pimp. He is right.

I can't understand why everyone is so ready to throw out the baby with the bath water. As a fan, a Black man and native Atlantan, I have been embarrassed by too many of our athletes and even some politicians. However, I know how to separate the player from the man.

I know that DHall has been a better player than a few antics can measure. ****, has anyone ever thought that the last year was rough for players maybe even more than us fans? The team was devastated by one thing after another.

He is emotional. Simply, he is that and he is young. I'm not justifying all his actions, but emotional athletes are viewed as either gamers or crybabies. Which one is he?

I'm sorry Gazoo, your my number number one poster here and I luv your threads but this time I have to disagree. No need for me to go through all the details because Rev, and sum other posters posted what my disagreement was. And not trying to be personal on this MB but what is up with this autobot, deceptacon thing between Gaz and Pencil. I was like I disagree with Gaz and I agree with Pencil? YIKES:w00t:

pencilpusher (2/25/2008)
SomeOtherGuy (2/25/2008)
I'm a manager at work. I've had guys on my team who were extremely talented, smart, and good people, but caused non-stop distractions because they couldn't stop whining and complaining. They eventually had to be let go because the organization simply spent too much time dealing with their "issues" -- time which would have been better spent dealing with the business.

The situation with Hall is no different. The new Falcons management has too many real issues to deal with and can't afford to be constantly distracted by Hall's antics.

There are some people who, when they enter the room, move the conversation forward; then there are others who stop it dead in its tracks or even take it backwards. Unfortunately, Hall appears to be of the latter variety.

Nice post PP !!! Eloquent and well written. I couldn't agree more.

vickandbailey (2/25/2008)
I'm sorry Gazoo, your my number number one poster here and I luv your threads but this time I have to disagree. No need for me to go through all the details because Rev, and sum other posters posted what my disagreement was. And not trying to be personal on this MB but what is up with this autobot, deceptacon thing between Gaz and Pencil. I was like I disagree with Gaz and I agree with Pencil? YIKES:w00t:

Yeah, he is one of my favorites too. I even like PP for how he says things even if I disagree with what he says.

But this is weird, it is like they have switched sides on purpose. It is a conspiracy...like the moon landing, OJ and gas bing $3/gallon.

pencilpusher (2/25/2008)
phocis850 (2/25/2008)
Very good post.

You were right.:angry::P

And this quote feature keeps trying to quote the wrong post, but this is directed at Rev Al.

The D Hall situation reminds me of the T O situation in philly. Everyone accused him of being a terrible team mate and of tearing the team apart. And even I questioned him a time or two.

But then he moves on th Dallas and has become a great team player, and Philly is shown to be the cluster**** it was that is a shameful situation right up to the coaches. It turns out TO no doubt had plenty to complain about in philly, just as D hall has in ATL. So he blew up at Petrino? A frigging noin communicating, no pro QUITTER? Maybe more players should have blown up at him.

I have talked a little smack about D hall and STILL think it's funny when Marc Colombo swatted him like a flea, but now it seems like the wolves are at his door for all the wrong reasons.

justcs3 (2/25/2008)

OMG!!! It is definitely a new day. I never thought I would be in agreement with the Pencil Pusher Pimp. He is right.

I can't understand why everyone is so ready to throw out the baby with the bath water. As a fan, a Black man and native Atlantan, I have been embarrassed by too many of our athletes and even some politicians. However, I know how to separate the player from the man.

I know that DHall has been a better player than a few antics can measure. ****, has anyone ever thought that the last year was rough for players maybe even more than us fans? The team was devastated by one thing after another.

He is emotional. Simply, he is that and he is young. I'm not justifying all his actions, but emotional athletes are viewed as either gamers or crybabies. Which one is he?

This is definitely a HOF thread in the area of strange bedfellows.:w00t:

PP,

Being from Philly, I can tell you...there is still an aftertaste of the TO departure. They are still trying to find a WR to match his output. Not to mention, there is now a strong push to get McNabb outta town. So after all that...TO ends up being right. He didn't need Philly to be the man, Philly needed him. There was unfair treatment all around him. And I brought him up in this thread earlier, because Gazoo was campaigning for him and Moss to join the Falcons....but wants to rid us of D-Hall, who is their defensive equivilant.

This thread is going to fry the servers with all the agreeing going on.:P

One things for sure, if Deangelo is gone next year and all the fans are complaining that the pass coverage sucks, I am going to post many threads that ask

You wanted Deangelo gone,How's that working for ya?

:P

I just want to take the time out to say, "I love you guys and gals." My girlfriend can only take so much of my raves and ranting over the Falcons, Braves, GT and even the Hawks at times.

But we trade off, I pretend I care to hear about Maury, Flava and BET.

Thanks.

I disagree. That game against Carolina was bull. Hall was right about Petrino he was not being selfish Petrino bailed and he saw that.

Wow. I am flat out disagreeing with what Gazoo is saying and I LIKE what Pencilpusher is saying??? I never thought I would see the day.

DeAngelo does have issues, but it isn't anywhere near what people make it out to be. His production is top 3 in the NFC and he does great the majority of the time. He was all over Plaxico Burress, Steve Smith, and was great against everyone except for getting burnt a couple of times.

Granted, Hall's outbursts may not seem to be ethically sound. However, doesn't he have the right to make an outburst. This team has been a let down for years now, and Hall wants to win more than anything. Hall is always giving 110% on the field. I like Dunn and Brooking as Falcon players, but I didn't see them getting angry over this team's failures. In fact, Hall and Crumpler were the only two players I saw who have made it an issue to deal with the problem this team has. It isn't always the player's fault. The coaches and FO are just as at fault as the players are here.

While I love to see so much unity on a subject

from so wide a range of posters I think Coach

Smith likes Deangelo Hall and "hopes he is a Falcon

for many years to come." So in spite of Hall's

media blitz to get traded he is only part of the

puzzle. Our coach is trying to build a team and

we may not get full value for Hall now that he

has shown his ##### again. If we can't get a good

trade he is staying and he has hindered our

plans with this showboating about being gone

and not being the New England type fit.

Do you remember when Petrino asked him to

take some plays on offense? He declined. I

remember saying "what is going on?" That told

me something about Petrino and Hall. What kind

of coach would take no for an answer and what

kind of player would say "no thanks, coach."

LADBABY (2/25/2008)
While I love to see so much unity on a subject

from so wide a range of posters I think Coach

Smith likes Deangelo Hall and "hopes he is a Falcon

for many years to come." So in spite of Hall's

media blitz to get traded he is only part of the

puzzle. Our coach is trying to build a team and

we may not get full value for Hall now that he

has shown his ##### again. If we can't get a good

trade he is staying and he has hindered our

plans with this showboating about being gone

and not being the New England type fit.

Do you remember when Petrino asked him to

take some plays on offense? He declined. I

remember saying "what is going on?" That told

me something about Petrino and Hall. What kind

of coach would take no for an answer and what

kind of player would say "no thanks, coach."

A Defensive player who says 'no" to playing offense doesn't sound like much of a showboat.

Sounds like quitrino was being stupid. Giving the other teams Corner or safety a chance to lay the wood to your best secondary player doesn't sound too wise.

Pencil I am just saying Hall shouldn't say no

to the coach because he is afraid he will get

the wood laid to him. He doesn't get to decline

like it was an offer. He is supposed to be a

football player. The coach tells him what his

job is and not vice versa.