Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gazoo

DeAngelo Hall has been part of the problem, not part of solution

201 posts in this topic

I know I am getting late into the discussion, butGazoo, that is SPOT ON. You conld not be more correct.

I love D-Lo, and I want him to grow up and stay here. But that is not going to happen. If we can get a 1st for him, then take it.

Now I'm going to take a week and read the rest of this thread.

birdweiserrr (2/24/2008)
What the ****??? I agree with Gazoo?

Good post. Hopefully there's no spin behind it.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who was shocked. I agree with Gazoo also and never thought that could happen. But like you there is part of me wondering about any spin that might be added later

rev_hal (2/24/2008)
I know I am getting late into the discussion, butGazoo, that is SPOT ON. You conld not be more correct.

I love D-Lo, and I want him to grow up and stay here. But that is not going to happen. If we can get a 1st for him, then take it.

Thanks Rev

hooda thunk.....Rev, Birdwiesser ,Halsey and me all on the same page about a Falcons player!

We are tearing down a fundamentally flawed structure and rebuilding from the ground up, and I have faith Dimitroff knows what kind of pieces we need to put a successful foundation down for our locker room.

YoungHeezy (2/24/2008)
I get it UkFalc. It would be like me saying :laugh: @ the Vick haters wanting Hall off the team labeling him as uncoachable and inconsistant. The irony. Why is D Hall even being mentioned with Vick?

because anyone who support their friend or teammates shouldn't.and if i'm not mistaking hall took team first and if losing don't make someone on a team mad and everyone else happy then that's a team even the biggest loser wouldn't want to be on.he just ants to win and i want them to win too........

there is no point in continuing this topic...if you can't understand why D.Hall needs to move on, as is clearly explained by Gazoo...than you really do not understand NFL football.

His meltdown last September here in the Dome against Carolina was the beginning of the end for the Falcons. They started to spiral down the tubes in that 4th quarter and NEVER recovered.

By this coming September, we will have a brand new team, under new management; a team to be proud of, and a franchise to be proud of for years to come.

Ironically, we can then look back and thank Motor Mouth for helping it happen. Notice I said Helping it happen...............not Making it happen.

gazoo (2/24/2008)
I LOVE DeAngelo Halls play on the field most weeks in most years. He has all the ability in the world to be one of the best prue cover corners in the NFL. If we were a Super Bowl contender I would not want to trade him, but we are trying to build a team right now. The timing is a factor here, someting nobody is talking about. Yes, he may help a team like Dallas or the Giants RIGT NOW, but we are not anywhere near where those teams are.

My problem with DeAngelo has to do with his selfishness, self centeredness and 8 year old maturity level . There is one thing you cannot deny on the New England roster, the culture of "we". With rare exception, New England player are united and play as a team. This locker room unity is one of the secrets of long term success. Locker room unity is very underated by most fans, but not by our new GM Dimitroff.

Exhibit A:

Ultimate "Me player". Trying to pad his interception stats at the end of halftime on Hail Mary instead of hitting ball to ground as most team players would have done. He didn't have his teams back, he had his own back.

Exhibit B:

Media Mouth Piece- DeAngelos chronic media diarhea is and has been unaccaptable. I ma not talking about an isolated incident, I'm talking about a pattern of unprofessional demands and crying about him not getting what he thinks he should be getting. The latest "Falcons stabbed me in the back" blames the Falcons for his own behavoirs that put him up on the trading block i the first place. Hall can't even see his own part in all this. My opinion is that he has stabbed his teammates and coaches in the back several times, he needs to SHUT TF UP for once.

Exhibit C:

On field meltdowns. These are also a pattern that harm the team. When he gets mad, he loses it.....he acts like a little baby and becom,es completely out of control, screaming at the coaches, refs, drawing 15 yard penalties by the bunch. When he gets beat he comes completely unglued at times.

Exhibit D:

Inconsistent performance level. A $10 Mill per year player should NOT EVER take a game off, he took most of the 2006 season off and just coasted. He wants to be payed like a Super Star but he does not always play like one. The problem wasn;t just 2006, his play goes way up and down throughout a season.

Exhibit E:

Not always coachable. Being as selfish as he is, he tells the coaches what he will and won't do.....it's all about what's best for him and has little to do with what's best for his teammates.

I say that Hall is part of the problem, not part of the solution. We need to build a locker room culture here that is a "we" culture. I am al for letting this locker room cancer go becuase in the long run, that $10 Mill per year could be better spent. His ABILTY to play well is overshadowed by his inconsistency, high pay demands and locker room presence.

don't forget the selfish jerk Hall who, when a team mate gets an INT, Hall trys to get the ball from the interceptor so he can get the glory for the run back vs blocking for his team mate. If the pass is not given to Hall he doesn't try to block for his team mate.

my NEXT least favorite Hall is the one that refused to help his team by returning kicks.

Concerned about injuries? No, just afraid to get hit hard.

DHall is a #####, a talented ##### but a still a #####.

If he were a mute he would be a much better player.

Trash talking only works if you can back it up. Hall is a League joke.

If he were only a mute...

"That Hall" is the WORST example of selfish player I have ever seen.

D Hall is a #####, a talented ##### but a still a #####.

If he were a mute he would be a much better player.

Trash talking only works if you can back it up. Hall is a League joke.

If he were only a mute...

"That Hall" is the WORST example of selfish player I have ever seen.

I wasn't aware that the word J_e_r_k is a banned word.

By banning such a non offensive word it implies that a user posted somthing much much worse.

swiftkick (2/24/2008)
the world is coming to a end

I did just watch a story about the Lost Book of Nostradamus - most scholars say he is predicting 2012 as the year the world comes to an end - and many signs are pointing to that - maybe this thread is one of those signs...

Either way if he's right the Eagles and Falcons only have 3-4 years left to get their rings.

im just happy him and smith had a discussion. i would rather them at least talk then him just get straight up traded. please keep hall.

Legion (2/24/2008)
DeAngelo is not a bad person. He a good kid who is very competetive. I like him.

me too. i think this team is better with him ON the field than without him. we all remember when houston and sanders started the houston game without hall. just my opinion, im not up for debate today.

gazoo (2/24/2008)
rev_hal (2/24/2008)

Thanks Rev

hooda thunk.....Rev, Birdwiesser ,Halsey and me all on the same page about a Falcons player!

We are tearing down a fundamentally flawed structure and rebuilding from the ground up, and I have faith Dimitroff knows what kind of pieces we need to put a successful foundation down for our locker room.

You have a short attention span. We've agreed a lot in the last 5 years.:)

Rev AL Sharpton (2/24/2008)
YoungHeezy (2/24/2008)
Winners Win (2/24/2008)
YoungHeezy (2/24/2008)
Winners Win (2/24/2008)You got one thing right, I want Men not babies. I want hard workers, I want team players.

You have to have TALENT. Hardworkers don't always equate to winners.

Everyone that makes it to the NFL has talent, its about what they make of it.

Trading away a 24 year old 2 time probowler doesn't help.

**** right it doesn't...But distance is always positive. So even when we are going backwards, we're going somewhere.:cool:

Agreed 100% with you Rev. We can't continue to get rid of our best players to go on some 5-7 year rebuilding project.

This city will not take the Falcons losing for the next 5-7 years.

We need to keep our best players because at the end of the day, players making plays are what wins games for you not "systems".

Also if you get rid of Hall for a couple of draft picks, it could take up to 3 years for a rookie to be as productive as Hall is now.

Do you all remember that game where Hall almost had 5 ints in the same game ?

Hall is elite, no matter what some of you say.

Very good post.

As for Rev Al Sharptons reply on page 3 or so...

Just one reason why that man gets no respect in my book.

I'm a manager at work. I've had guys on my team who were extremely talented, smart, and good people, but caused non-stop distractions because they couldn't stop whining and complaining. They eventually had to be let go because the organization simply spent too much time dealing with their "issues" -- time which would have been better spent dealing with the business.

The situation with Hall is no different. The new Falcons management has too many real issues to deal with and can't afford to be constantly distracted by Hall's antics.

There are some people who, when they enter the room, move the conversation forward; then there are others who stop it dead in its tracks or even take it backwards. Unfortunately, Hall appears to be of the latter variety.

SomeOtherGuy (2/25/2008)
I'm a manager at work. I've had guys on my team who were extremely talented, smart, and good people, but caused non-stop distractions because they couldn't stop whining and complaining.

They eventually had to be let go because the organization simply spent too much time dealing with their "issues" -- time which would have been better spent dealing with the business.

The situation with Hall is no different. The new Falcons management has too many real issues to deal with and can't afford to be constantly distracted by Hall's antics.

There are some people who, when they enter the room, move the conversation forward; then there are others who stop it dead in its tracks or even take it backwards. Unfortunately, Hall appears to be of the latter variety.

good post