Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gazoo

DeAngelo Hall has been part of the problem, not part of solution

201 posts in this topic

Winners Win (2/24/2008)
You can't fight this.. Gazoo is right on the money. D.Hall can be gone after this season and we are in the rebuilding stage, the best thing we can do is get something for him now that can contribute to rebuilding, rather than keep around a player who MUST win or he will be unhappy and complain.

So you want a bunch of yes men that will take losing up the rear with no complaints. Sweet.

Rev AL Sharpton (2/24/2008)

I'm pretty sure they were winning before Shockey went down...

They were winning. Shockey went down in week #15. After starting 0-2, the Giants went 9-3 during that timespan.

YoungHeezy (2/24/2008)
Winners Win (2/24/2008)
You can't fight this.. Gazoo is right on the money. D.Hall can be gone after this season and we are in the rebuilding stage, the best thing we can do is get something for him now that can contribute to rebuilding, rather than keep around a player who MUST win or he will be unhappy and complain.

So you want a bunch of yes men that will take losing up the rear with no complaints. Sweet.

You got one thing right, I want Men not babies. I want hard workers, I want team players.

Rev AL Sharpton (2/24/2008)
You're my boy Gazoo....

By why is everyone, taking your "opinions" as fact is beyond me....

This makes no sense

Could it just be that, in this particular case, our opinions and his are the same?

You don't agree? Fine - that's your right.

If we're going to lose him then make sure we get something for him. That's just good business. The guy is talented but he will be a malcontent if he stays. He's already proven it by the statements he's made to the media.

Winners Win (2/24/2008)You got one thing right, I want Men not babies. I want hard workers, I want team players.

You have to have TALENT. Hardworkers don't always equate to winners. It seems like people only think hardwork is all it takes on the field and in the lockeroom for a team to win. That's not the case.

YoungHeezy (2/24/2008)
Winners Win (2/24/2008)You got one thing right, I want Men not babies. I want hard workers, I want team players.

You have to have TALENT. Hardworkers don't always equate to winners.

Everyone that makes it to the NFL has talent, its about what they make of it.

Winners Win (2/24/2008)
YoungHeezy (2/24/2008)

Trading away a 24 year old 2 time probowler doesn't help.

YoungHeezy (2/24/2008)
Winners Win (2/24/2008)
YoungHeezy (2/24/2008)

Trading away a 24 year old 2 time probowler doesn't help.

**** right it doesn't...But distance is always positive. So even when we are going backwards, we're going somewhere.:cool:

I agree with the majority on this one. This is a case where addition by subtraction will work to the Falcons benefit.

YoungHeezy (2/24/2008)

You have to have TALENT. Hardworkers don't always equate to winners. It seems like people only think hardwork is all it takes on the field and in the lockeroom for a team to win. That's not the case.

A lot of people have bought into the fabricated myth that the "ultimate franchise" has all these hardworkers with no talent. People have watched "Rudy" way too much.

july425 (2/24/2008)
A lot of people have bought into the fabricated myth that the "ultimate franchise" has all these hardworkers with no talent. People have watched "Rudy" way too much.

EXACTLY! Where this train of thought came from is beyond me.

YoungHeezy (2/24/2008)
july425 (2/24/2008)

ESPN - Every Suspect Probably ___________

july425 (2/24/2008)
YoungHeezy (2/24/2008)
july425 (2/24/2008)

ESPN - Every Suspect Probably ___________

:smooooth:

I would like to interject, yet again, that I feel Hall would be a great fit in a team that already had a locker room full of veteran players and strong leadership.

For some reason, som e here continue to miss my point. .

I never said that Hall's issues would effect every NFL team negatively.

I said that taking into account the Falcons current situation, in this phase of rebuilding and having a higher percentage of young players on the roster. Becuase of this, we are in the process of putting together a roster that will have good nucleus of veteran leadership for the young guys to look up to and follow their leads.

Going to a team where there is already strong veteran leadership, Hall may flourish and play lights out. Here, he has shown a lack of motivation, lack of discipline, lack of willing to put it out there for his teammates.

If you would like to counter my argument, you would need to adress my main thesis about us not having strong veteran leadership, needing to build a strong veeran leadership from the gorund up and how Hall would be a negative influence as the highes paid vet on the roster on what will be one of the youngest rosters in the NFL.

Rambler likes this

I can think of another Falcons player who fit the same description and yet people still cry because he is gone.:Whistling:

Hall OFF the field is a great guy and ON the field one of the best at his position. Has he made mistakes on the field? Yes but you guys are making like he is cancer and that is ridiculous.

ON the field one of the best at his position

lol r u serious lol and u do follow gazoo around like u have a mancrush lol

halsey (2/24/2008)
Nice thread Gazoo. Spot on.

Thanks Halsey

I hada heavy heart putting this together though.....I do not ike to see talented players leave but in this case, I just think it's best.

I would like to see us get a 1st rounder AND a veteran player in though.

Rambler likes this

Bartkowski (2/24/2008)
I agree with the majority on this one. This is a case where addition by subtraction will work to the Falcons benefit.

Well said. I couldn't agree more.