I don't think the Falcons will take McFadden

g-dawg

he's just not worth it - even with all the talent.

1) 2 barroom fights - one is understandable, two is a "flag"

2) 23 fumbles in 4 years - that's a lot!

3) build - McFadden has spindly legs that may not hold up in NFL

4) vision - he has none.....does not "make" his holes

5) paternity suit - another character red flag - don't know anything about this-just saw it mentioned somewhere

that's enough for me to avoid Darren McFadden like the plague.....Falcons need "no risk" or "low risk" players with their #3 overall pick.

Darren McFadden = risky for all reasons above

Matt Ryan = risk of bust, 19 interceptions, skinny frame

Glen Dorsey = risky due to medical issues (but I like him anyway:D)

The two low risk players are as follows:

Sedrick Ellis = his only real risk is he is a little short for the position at 6'0" when 6'2"+ is ideal

Jake Long = his only real risk is that some think he is only a RT in NFL and not a LT

So, out of those, it comes down to Jake Long, Sedrick Ellis or Chris Long. I did not mention Chris Long due to his position and our lack of need but Chris Long has almost ZERO risk.

If I'm TD, I'm taking Jake Long - if he ends up being only a RT, well that is not too much of a downside - having said that, I have no doubt that Jake Long will be a very good LT.

g-dawg (2/24/2008)

Sedrick Ellis = his only real risk is he is a little short for the position at 6'0" when 6'2"+ is ideal

Jake Long = his only real risk is that some think he is only a RT in NFL and not a LT

So, out of those, it comes down to Jake Long, Sedrick Ellis or Chris Long. I did not mention Chris Long due to his position and our lack of need but Chris Long has almost ZERO risk.

If I'm TD, I'm taking Jake Long - if he ends up being only a RT, well that is not too much of a downside - having said that, I have no doubt that Jake Long will be a very good LT.

I'd agree with you, except for one reason...OT and DT are both need positions, clearly......but OT is much deeper this year, and the gap between the top OT and the 3rd or 4th best is MUCH smaller than the gap between the top dt's and the 3rd or 4th best....We'd get much better value taking Ellis and the top OT availabe later....

g-dawg (2/24/2008)

5) paternity suit - another character red flag - don't know anything about this-just saw it mentioned somewhere

that's enough for me to avoid Darren McFadden like the plague.....Falcons need "no risk" or "low risk" players with their #3 overall pick.

I don't think in McFadde's THREE years he has that many fumbles as you said, but he does have significant 'character' concerns... Barfights are not a good sign..

Stewart or Mendenhall would be my choices...

g-dawg (2/24/2008)

I agree their are some red flags but trying to find a superstar that doesnt drink,have sex and act like a alpha dog is going to be near impossible.Some may be more polished in a interview but what do we really know about them?I would expect a huge background check on anyone we pick.

Bar room fights... I'm sure ATL has a ton more bars to fight in than Little Rock! :D

I hope we don't waste a pick on DMAC. I want Jake Long if he's available and if not, maybe Dorsey. Let's stop getting players with baggage!

Besides, we have a "DMAC" on our team that just needs some good blocking by the name of Norwood. Let's just get a good power back to share time with him.

Falcons have to go DT with their pick and I think Ellis is it. He has a motor and plays with a chip on his shoulder cause everybody is always talking about how he is undersized. Dorsey is going to be the exact opposite because he has had nothing but everyone telling him how good he already is. Truth is, Dorsey is known to take plays off and has a history of injuries. Ellis is what the falcons need

july425 (2/24/2008)
Well...its that time of year again....let the annual "Character Assassanation" games begin! First up...Darren McFadden.

How is presenting facts about a guy's character "assasinating" exactly? :blink: IMO, better evaluating that stuff now, than ending up evaluating it later. We've been down that road already...

http://profootballexperts.scout.com/a.z?s=...3295116&yr=2008

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=56491

Well, besides being the second most productive tailback in SEC history, during a period in which the SEC is the unchallegened best conference in college football, on a terrible team with no passing game and little defense, beating the eventual national champion, and showing every possible physical skill requisite of the halfback position, it should also be noted that the claims that he does not have adequate vision or power are not only totally unfounded (and really quite ******** unless you want to make the claim that pure speed backs usually make it in the SEC), but outright refuted whenever scouts (or anyone with a brain) watches game tape.