let the bidding war begin

cshot4

We will probably hear where he lands as soon as Friday, when the new league year begins and trades are once again permitted to be made. The question is if he'll wind up with the Giants or one of several other teams who were quickly rumored to be interested in acquiring him. The Redskins, Buccaneers, Dolphins and Cowboys were mentioned by yesterday afternoon. Those teams' possible interest means the Giants might be forced to sweeten the trade offer. If so, they could be willing to part with another draft pick from the later rounds. Expect a bidding war to emerge as this story grows.

link

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Midni...r_DeAngelo_Hall

It will be nothing less than a mid 1st or a late 1st with a 3rd added or maybe 2 2nd rounders , maybe one this year and next like we got for Schaub , It's been real nice to have 2 2nd rounders in the last two years , lets keep it going and get another pair of two's which would gove us 3 2nds this year and 2 seconds next year . Better value n the 2nd round anyway. This has helped our team more than the 1st rounders anyway , seems like it makes the team draft better in the 2nd anyway. AAMOF , I'd rather have 2 second rounders anyway you look at it.

Yeap , that's what I would like , two 2nd rounders for him , there are more 2nd round players I want anyway .

1.Lofton

2.Mayo

3.Collins

4.Nicks

5.Cherlous

6.Sims

7.Laws

8.Henne

9.Flacco

10. I could name more

Some people are saing this is the best OL group in 10 years , that was 3 days ago , then some where saying the best in 20 years 2 days ago and then yesterday one of the HCs Herman Edwards I think it was said this is the best class in 30 years , my pointis if we got 2 second rounders for Hall we would have 3 2nd round picks , and we could totally rebuild our OL in the 2nd round alone for years to come with 3 second rounders in the draft !! ;)

Draftnut57 (2/24/2008)
Se ya latter , ME ME!

I've been all for keeping D'Hall, but the more I keep thinking about it, I say Good Riddance! Get what you can now outa him, I don't wanna see him on the sideline questioning our new head coach about his play calling before he's had a chance to give his team philosophy a chance to Gel and work.

A lot of people have said "Shockey", I think that's just plain stupid, we don't need to swap one loud mouth for another. JMO. I thought we could keep D'Hall untill he started his reddorick crap over the last few days. He's gonna have to understand that he is a "Player" not a decision maker where NFL Teams are concerned.

Everybody seems glued on the Giants because they've been mentioned and the Cowboys and the Redskins. I say why not go beyond 3 NFL teams to shop around D'Hall. The Falcons could trade him possibly for a QB that has potential and save themselves a draft pick, Nobody has mentioned that idea that I know of yet. That would open the door for a new RB, and I will say this and I don't care who I piZZ off but Mcfadden isn't the second coming of christ as far as RB's go because there are plenty out there with the same skills and potential that just didn't have the same scenario's to put up those numbers Mcfadden did. Yeah he's good, but that doesn't mean he's gonna be the best in the NFL. Although I will say that's not to knock him, I'd love to see the Falcons get him, with Mike Smith saying already that "We are gonna run the ball and stop the run" he would make an Immediate Impact on helping this team. Not to mention if we draft a QB Arthur Blank has already said "He will sit for one year".

Those are just my thoughts and I appologize in advance if they pizzed any of you off. :hehe:

yumf (2/24/2008)
What about this? Shockey and a 2nd this year and a 1st next year.

1. We don't want Shockey...he's too selfish and divisive.

2. He wouldn't pass a physical right now, he's got a bad injury.

3. TE's are not a large part of our new offense...especially those who are mediocre blockers.

4. Assuming Shockey was healthy, we couldn't get that much out of the Giants....A healthy Shockey plus a 2nd would be value wise, equivalent to Dhall...

Guest JBopper
Draftnut57 (2/24/2008)
Isn't this one of those bidding wars that you'd love to be able to watch on Ebay!

I would love to here an auctionere caling this one.

yumf (2/24/2008)

NO SHOCKEY, I'd rather have Plax:), but I seriously doubt that. 1st & 3rd this year and a 2nd the next. From the Cowboys, I'd take their two 1sts this yr. or at least a 1st & 2nd. From the Dolphins, let them keep their 1st, but I'd be happy to take 2 of the three early 2nds they have along with a 4th.

tweak (2/24/2008)
yumf (2/24/2008)

NO SHOCKEY, I'd rather have Plax:), but I seriously doubt that. 1st & 3rd this year and a 2nd the next. From the Cowboys, I'd take their two 1sts this yr. or at least a 1st & 2nd. From the Dolphins, let them keep their 1st, but I'd be happy to take 2 of the three early 2nds they have along with a 4th.

Man, now you are talking my language! Plaxico Burress, Is a great WRl!

When trade talks start it's like someone told me a long time ago about playing the guitar, they said "Guitar Players are a dime a dozen so take your PICK".

I feel the same where CB's are concerned, yeah D'Halls fast, he's made some great plays, but he's not some player that hasn't been burnt on a play several times. By saying that, I will say this : "He's not as good as the hype he has brought to this team which is a distraction, if he was a real play maker he wouldn't have been burned on ANY plays in the past and he wouldn't be mouthing off at coaches and such".

I will still say that D'Hall could be traded for a QB with some potential and save a draft pick. We could save some money for the Falcons and pick up a QB that has a little NFL experience and develop him given the right situation which might be what we have right now with our new HC's and GM. Who that QB's name might be, I don't know but I know there is one out there. Look around the league and keep me posted on the possibilities if you think that is an option. If you don't like my opinion then we will agree to disagree. That's cool also.

D'Hall is gone, you can mark that on your diary for the ladies, and hit it with a sledge hammer and etch it in stone for us guys.

It's time to make some 'tuff decisions, D'hall has become a simple one for me, "Get rid of him while you can still get something outa him". ;)

robpanama (2/24/2008)
mr pickle (2/24/2008)
I guess to expand my point....2 2nds just isn't enough, IMO.....He's definitely worth more than Schaub. You'd have to toss something else in.

Im not sure about that. Texas believed they were buying a franchise QB, that rates higher than a shutdown CB.

A proven franchise qb? Without a doubt, that would be worth more than an elite qb...but what they were actually buying(and they knew it), was a potentially pretty good qb, without elite physical tools, and very limited experience....If he were a franchise qb, we would have gotten much more than 2 2nds......

Dhall is a better player now than Schaub ever was(or quite frankly,was ever projected to be)..and he still has upside.....

That's like saying Brady Quinn is worth more than Adrian Peterson, or Tommie Harris, or Mario Williams.....not even close.....all Schaub ever proved was potential(and given his lack of elite arm strength or athleticism, he wasn't really loaded with a ton of upside, either).

Palmer, Manning, Brady, McNabb.....all of these kinds of guys are worth more than a proven, young elite cb.....but not a guy like Schaub.

D Hall for Dallas' two first rounders. Hall is worth it and will instantly make the Cowboys the NFC favorite. Hall is a sure thing and is ready to star right now. Dallas is primed for a SB run again. If they mess around any longer their window of opportunity will close. My advice to Jerry Jones is to resign Barber and to make this deal with Dimitroff right now.

Why Dallas needs this deal:

1 Their team is ready to compete for the SB right now. Their window of opportunity is open. These windows don't come around often and they don't last long.

2 Despite having two good CB's, neither is capable of shutting down a zone or any one receiver. That forces their Safeties to cover a larger area. Williams is a lousy coverage Safety and would benefit greatly from a smaller coverage area.

3 D Hall is a PR dream. He is a good looking young man that is well spoken. The Cowboys are media darlings and would love the added attention that Hall will bring.

4 D Hall is ready to plug and play right now. He fits their window of opportunity.

Why Atlanta wants this deal:

1 Hall has burned bridges. We have been subjected to the early and formative years of this player's career. He will mature, but most of the fan base has lost its patience with him.

2 Hall is a great cover CB, but will demand a pay raise. This team is moving to a Cover-2 scheme that does not rely on a CB's tight coverage skills. Why pay for skills that will not necessarily be used?

3 This team is weak in the middle of the field. A serious investment in young prospects that can be developed is mandatory.

4 We are not a playoff team next season. We are rebuilding. Now is the time to build a foundation for the future.

Why D Hall needs this trade:

1 Hall idolizes Deion. This trade would allow him to follow in Deion's steps.

2 The Cowboys are legitimate SB contenders. Hall needs to be on a winning team.

3 Hall will be playing behind a better front 7. His job will get easier. Consequently, his interception numbers will go up. He will finally get a shot at his ultimate goal....a Hall of Fame career.