Falconfan4197 (2/24/2008)
2 more thoughts. Do u think he would wear 45 again... i would hate to buy another jersey when i could just dust off the old one.

I personally would like the Lightning (Norwood) and Thunder (Duckett) method we would have goin. It worked well in NY (Tiki&Dayne, Tiki&Jacobs) Any thoughts on that.

like it

Duckett is not a bust. He has just been a part of some unsuccessful teams. Atlanta included. It's hard to see a player prosper when the head coach has a man crush on other players.

Keep in mind, he won't be as expensive as Mendenhall. There are plenty of good running backs in this draft. If we draft one, I would take my chances in the late round. To try and find another T. Davis.

Falconfan4197 (2/24/2008)
We did rly bad in the redzone last season, he can punch it in. Just a thought, i hope i dont get hated on.

But that's just the point - he showed here that he CAN'T punch it in. He failed several times to pick up the 3, 2 or even 1 yard needed. Two words for you, though:

Jason Snelling.

We've already got our short yardage bruiser back on the roster.

pandafalcon (2/24/2008)
herr doktor (2/24/2008)
He's a waste of money and size. I'd rather we draft Mendenhall.

I would be right behind ya on that one. Most teams know what Duckett is about, Mendenhall will be a breath of fresh air.

I agree with the pick 100% but I think Duckett's value is so little now we could get a deal done for hardly nothing.

Might not be a terrible Idea as Norwood can't be the single back every down.

Check your TV set, that wasn't TJ Duckett you saw. Duckett is a lazy back. He never made holes, his legs stop on the smallest contact, and he has problems reading holes. The guy is and was a bust. He's strong, but I've never seen him use that strength.

Trade D.Hall for an under 20 pick(not the NY Giants unless they give up a player) and go after Mendenhall. He has great hands, size, elusive hips, and tough runner. Cheeseburger(Duckett) would only get stuck in the backfield waiting on lunch.

feelnu (2/24/2008)
Check your TV set, that wasn't TJ Duckett you saw. Duckett is a lazy back. He never made holes, his legs stop on the smallest contact, and he has problems reading holes. The guy is and was a bust. He's strong, but I've never seen him use that strength.

Trade D.Hall for an under 20 pick(not the NY Giants unless they give up a player) and go after Mendenhall. He has great hands, size, elusive hips, and tough runner. Cheeseburger(Duckett) would only get stuck in the backfield waiting on lunch.

When teams decide to give Duckett the ball, teams WIN..when they want to play 'politics', then teams lose..

Politics in Atlanta with the over-rated Dunn cost Falcons playoffs in 2005..and things got worse with Dunn as 'the man'...

Politics in Washington with the egomaniac , but injury riddled Clinton Portis and contract year RB Ledell Betts who threatened mutiny if Duckett gets playing time.. Duckett came to Skins when training camp was over.. Portis was afraid of Duckett and Portis came back earlier from an injury and got hurt again..

Politics in Detroit with the injury prone Kevin Jones. The Lions have tried to give Jones the benefit of the doubt for two straight years. Jones got talent, but if Duckett was allowed a few games to show what he can do, he would have taken the job away from Jones. However, the Lions are invested in Jones for a few more years and Jones came back EARLY and aggravated injury..The specter of Duckett alarms Jones...Plus Mike Martz (now fired) didn't want to give Duckett more opportunities..and guess what happened Detroit started losing and missed the playoffs.. if Duckett was starting from the beginning , Detroit would have made the playoffs...

If you are seriously about winning instead of politics, Duckett should start...