Why keep Hall

Falconfan4197

Hall asked for a paycut to play across from Houston last year...

He is a better then average corner... im not even gonna call him elite even though in my opinion he is

All he wants is a contract extension...

He has never done anything wrong to a fellow Falcon.. other then Petrino... say wat you want about that..

If everyone dislikes him so much i do not think he will be upset when we send him to the superbowl champions...

The trade that supposedly is on the way is Giants first round pick and Shockey for D hall.. If you think Hall is a trash talker wait till the fans in Atl see Shockey..

A blind man could see that Shockey would hate it in Atl simply from Shockeys facial expressions

D Hall is not a Trash talker He is a psychic. He tells recievers what he is going to do to them during the game... and then he does it.

Sorry i would send you the link of Shockey explaining why he talks trash but i do not have one..

One last comment after all those reasons why we should keep him i can not come up with one solid reason to trade him. Does that make any sense

Falconfan4197 (2/24/2008)

He is a better then average corner... im not even gonna call him elite even though in my opinion he is

He has never done anything wrong to a fellow Falcon.. other then Petrino... say wat you want about that..

If everyone dislikes him so much i do not think he will be upset when we send him to the superbowl champions...

The trade that supposedly is on the way is Giants first round pick and Shockey for D hall.. If you think Hall is a trash talker wait till the fans in Atl see Shockey..

A blind man could see that Shockey would hate it in Atl simply from Shockeys facial expressions

D Hall is not a Trash talker He is a psychic. He tells recievers what he is going to do to them during the game... and then he does it.

Sorry i would send you the link of Shockey explaining why he talks trash but i do not have one..

One last comment after all those reasons why we should keep him i can not come up with one solid reason to trade him. Does that make any sense

I agree, we should not trade him, but we might as well get something now in 31st overall pick and a great TE in Shockey instead of just leaving him here, and letting him crawl away to free agency next year.

V-Tech-Falcons (2/24/2008)

I agree, we should not trade him, but we might as well get something now in 31st overall pick and a great TE in Shockey instead of just leaving him here, and letting him crawl away to free agency next year.

Especially since we cut Aglernon

falconstat2dfreak (2/24/2008)
so d.hall for shockey? ummmmmm i guess it can fill the void @ t.e and the d can suffer :w00t:

Yeah lol, but i was just thinkin maybe we could try get Asante Samuel if he becomes FA, or try get Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie with the 31st overall if we can...

samuel woiuld require atleast 7-9 mil a year. might as well keep dhall and try to get him @ 6.5 a year and save some green.

but the more i think about it shockey deal sounds good. i think he would be a great fit here plus we know what he can do when he keeps his mouth shut and plays ball:)

I would like to see a total attitude change in Shockey though. I live in New York and the Giants are my 2nd fav team. No one around here likes Shockey for his mouth. Not even die hard Giant fans. The only reason i believe he is up for this trade is because they won the big one. The fans around here used to think they need him to win but now they want to trade him.. it sounds like their F.O. opened their eyes.. shouldn't ours turn on the lights?

I would like to see a total attitude change in Shockey though. I live in New York and the Giants are my 2nd fav team. No one around here likes Shockey for his mouth. Not even die hard Giant fans. The only reason i believe he is up for this trade is because they won the big one. The fans around here used to think they need him to win but now they want to trade him.. it sounds like their F.O. opened their eyes.. shouldn't ours turn on the lights?

ok good post but what are u saying we should do after shockey or not? atleast he is proven and can catch. now the issue is who will be throwing him the ball i hope the first name of the guy will not be joey or byron :w00t:

Well, yeah you make some great points but we are used to big mouths around here lol it's good though, people that go for ATL seem to have more tolerance than NY fans... If we did get Shockey, he wouldn't need to be the TE he's used to he just needs to be a safety valve for whoever is behind center next year, just needs to have steady hands and catch what is thrown at him, and then we can't complain...

ok good post but what are u saying we should do after shockey or not? atleast he is proven and can catch. now the issue is who will be throwing him the ball i hope the first name of the guy will not be joey or byron :w00t:

well put i could not agree more on this. then maybe roddy can get some less heat on him as there is another weapon on our offense that has great hands and can come up big in a pinch .

Byron is already out of the picture.

Joey will have to do good in pre-season to get a shot

I would like to see Redmen play. But we might get something from the draft or F.A

Apparently Culpepper will b open.. what are the thoughts on that?... i say no

No to Culpepper, he's too careless with the ball and himself. I think we should draft Denis Dixon out of Oregon with our 2nd 3rd rounder and have him under the wing of Joey or DJ or Redman or whoever it is that wins the job. The kid has an absolute cannon for an arm, runs better than Vince Young in many ppl's opinions, is more accurate than VY, as accurate as anyone in this draft imo, and he is a great leader with good size and he's a smart person with great football intelligence.

Well, yeah you make some great points but we are used to big mouths around here lol it's good though, people that go for ATL seem to have more tolerance than NY fans... If we did get Shockey, he wouldn't need to be the TE he's used to he just needs to be a safety valve for whoever is behind center next year, just needs to have steady hands and catch what is thrown at him, and then we can't complain...

Once again i live in NY so of course i get Giant games. I have seen Shockey make some great catches.. but ive also seen him drop easy ones.. just last season (no joke) right through the hands and hit him in the face mask. Overall he is a good blocking and recieving tight end.(When his mouth is shut.)

From when i started this post i was 100% against the trade but now im thinking about it.

Mike Smith is bringing the Cover 2 defense to ATL. For about the last decade we have been in the 4-3. In the Cover 2 you dont necessarily need good corners... but i still think it would b nice to have Hall there

dennis dixon is good what about a. edwards out of app st? i think he proved he can play he did go into the big house with a d2 school and beat michigan. sound off on this guy plus he can not only pass he can run as well.:w00t:

culpepper whould be alright if he was here to teach the rooks a thing of 2. he get beat alot so they can learn what not to do lol j/k

dennis dixon is good what about a. edwards out of app st? i think he proved he can play he did go into the big house with a d2 school and beat michigan. sound off on this guy plus he can not only pass he can run as well.:w00t:

culpepper whould be alright if he was here to teach the rooks a thing of 2. he get beat alot so they can learn what not to do lol j/k

Hahaha, poor Daunte... lol... Um well he comes from a smallsih school, not to say the kid can't ball, but i tend to stick with DD as he has proven himself and he was consistent the whole time and he's just a physical specimen throws like Carson Palmer yet he runs like Vince Young and makes plays as smart as Peyton Manning, as cool as Tom Brady in the pocket... Heck, I hate Oregon but he just awes me if he didn't get injured this season i guarantee he would have been the clear cut 1st QB this year.

As for your veteran presence i guess Daunte could come in and teach much like Joe Horn did, look at Roddy White.

No to Culpepper, he's too careless with the ball and himself. I think we should draft Denis Dixon out of Oregon with our 2nd 3rd rounder and have him under the wing of Joey or DJ or Redman or whoever it is that wins the job. The kid has an absolute cannon for an arm, runs better than Vince Young in many ppl's opinions, is more accurate than VY, as accurate as anyone in this draft imo, and he is a great leader with good size and he's a smart person with great football intelligence.

Sounds like another Vick case to me. On one hand im all for it. On the other i think we should roll with one of the QB's we have and just try to fill the gaps we already have. I just think we have bigger problems then QB right now.

Sounds like another Vick case to me. On one hand im all for it. On the other i think we should roll with one of the QB's we have and just try to fill the gaps we already have. I just think we have bigger problems then QB right now.

He is a tad like Vick, except he's bigger and has a better physique and he also minus the Bad Newz Kennelz. I actually think QB is a big need for us, we don't have much in a noodle arm (Joey) an insurance salesman (Redman) and a 7th rounder (Shockley). Shockley deserves a shot but the probability is he would go no good. Although I will say we have bigger needs other than QB. QB would be our 3rd biggest need imo, behind O-Line, D-Line. We not really usin a early pick on him if it's in the late 3rd, early 4th which is where he should go, that's well worth it i reckon.

Well if we throw Hall to the Lions for Shaun Rodgers and a 2nd round i beleive David Irons can hold his own in a Cover 2. That would fix the D-line. Then we could go for Jake Long with the third pick and the best qb availible (Henne) in the second and along with the best O lineman available with our second 2nd round pick.

With the Giants Trade we can do the same thing except with the Giants pick go for an D lineman.!?

But that would hurt our O line and we have lacked a good O line for about a decade...

**** Football is confusing when it comes to predicting the future.

I would like for us to keep Hall as well. I think he is a great talent. However, i think Hall's press statements on Friday now make that virtually impossible. I believe TD was just testing the waters to see what was out there, and that it was not personal; but DH took it that way, and now has pretty much forced a trade.

As for the Shockey issue, I agree he would solve the TE situation, but his mouth is also a concern. It seemed like he was always disgruntled about something. I also heard a commentator say in one of the playoff games (maybe even the SB) that Shockey put enormous pressure on Manning to get him the ball all the time. This would be on the sideline. According to the commentator, that is one reason why Manning's performance improved after Shockey went down--he could relax more. If the Giants are going to give us their 31st pick and a player, I would rather see them throw in a defender, where I understand they have great depth and we have some needs.