It's official, The Atlanta Falcons will "NOT" select Matt Ryan

red2play

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

NO!!! WHY!!!! I REALLY WANTED A CRAPPY QB!!!!

Maybe if he falls to the 6th round, I'd take him to battle it out with Shock for a roster spot. He is trash, and how in god's name would we take him with the 3rd overall? Jake Long, Chris Long and Dorsey are all solid solid picks. I will take whichever is left. But I was already under the impression we wouldn't take him, I am still pissed that EVERY MOCK DRAFT has us picking Ryan. Even the "risky" drafts have us taking Ryan. Thank god, but either way, it was only in my worst nightmare we took Ryan.

GEORGIAfan (2/24/2008)
im still sad about D.Hall, but not resigning Redman, and cutting Leftwich tells me that DJ SHOCKLEY IS DA FUTURE

Just drop the Hall and stop whining about it because he is gone and DJ is the present and future 3rd string quarterback for the Falcons. He sucks just like the overrated team that he played for in college-UGA. They are in the top 5 recruiting every year and each year is a rebuilding year yet they have not been to a National Championship last time I checked. They will lose 2 or 3 games next year and cry about the BCS being unfair. If you look in the record book, my boys form the ATL won the most recent National Championship for the state of GA! If you didn't know, NO YOU KNOW. Keep Shockley where he belongs. Sitting on the bench!

bossFALCON (2/24/2008)
grendel (2/24/2008)
Can anyone confirm hearing that? I can't believe we'd tip our hand like that.

i think i heard it on tv on total access. they also said the falcons could be blowing smoke. i think i have the link hold on.

Nope, look at the video, the only blowing smoke is that people keep projecting the Falcons to pick him. Nope NADA nuh-uhh. Not going to happen.

D-Ray (2/24/2008)
GEORGIAfan (2/24/2008)
im still sad about D.Hall, but not resigning Redman, and cutting Leftwich tells me that DJ SHOCKLEY IS DA FUTURE

Just drop the Hall and stop whining about it because he is gone and DJ is the present and future 3rd string quarterback for the Falcons. He sucks just like the overrated team that he played for in college-UGA. They are in the top 5 recruiting every year and each year is a rebuilding year yet they have not been to a National Championship last time I checked. They will lose 2 or 3 games next year and cry about the BCS being unfair. If you look in the record book, my boys form the ATL won the most recent National Championship for the state of GA! If you didn't know, NO YOU KNOW. Keep Shockley where he belongs. Sitting on the bench!

STOP HATING DJ IS DA FUTURE, and YOU CANT STOP THE GREATNESS!!!! UGA whoops GT every year. and UGA will be in the BCS this year, and will win. dont get it twisted it trough it the SEC, its not like we are in the ACC.

phattywankenobi (2/24/2008)
That's about as unofficial as it gets. Trust me the speculation will run the board all the way up to draft day and the top 10 will change constantly.

BEFORE YOU POST, WATCH THE VIDEO!!!! Unofficial? I suspect you haven't watched this yet.

boss_martian (2/24/2008)
GEORGIAfan (2/24/2008)

DJ might be the next victim of the Dillard's Curse. Alge was the "spokesmodel" for Dillard's, and now he's gone.

dillards?? i thought that Alge was verizon??

Daniel Chosen (2/24/2008)
I don't believe anything until I see it on draft day. With all the smokescreens and FA still coming, anything can happen. And just because it says Ryan will not be taken at 3, doesn't mean the Falcons don't trade out of the 3 spot and take him later.

ummm, listen to the WHOLE thing. They told Adam why he won't be choosen. They are already strapped with Vick's bonus and won't take the chance of financially strapping the club any further with ANY chance player. That means ANY Qb, no matter how good, won't be choosen for the club in the first round.

Just won't happen. Now if he's available in the 2nd round or if we get a lower round pick, I'd chose him or Brohm (would probably choose Brohm over Ryan to be honest) but as a top THREE pick? Going against GLENN DORSEY, SEDRICK ELLIS or CHRIS OR JAKE LONG? Your kidding right?