Hall wanted to stay a Falcon but our new GM insisted on shopping him anyway?

BlacksburgHokie

The fact that any team was talking trade with the Falcons should have been no surprise to Hall. After all, when he recently told general manager Thomas Dimitroff he wanted to remain with Atlanta, Dimitroff said he'd still field trade offers.

At that point, Hall realized he had probably played his last game as a Falcon.

"I wanted to stay," Hall said. "I don't want to stay now. ... It's a little bit of a betrayal. I feel like these guys kind of stabbed me in the back."

http://www.nj.com/giants/ledger/index.ssf?...0970.xml&coll=1

UGA_DAWG46 (2/23/2008)
Dude give it a break. Hall doesn't fit with our new system which involve physical and athletic cornerback.

Hall:

Physical- NO

Athletic- YES

That's a load of crap. Did you even watch him while he was covering guys last tear. He mauled Plaxico Burress and Steve Smith. Coach Smith has clearly stated he wants him here, so he must fit the system.

BirdsOfPrey

He is being really immature about this. A good GM is always going to see what kind of fish he can attract with the bait he has. As I said in another thread, if Hall wants to be a future GM then he needs to learn the tricks of the trade. Unfortunately in TD's position, you are going to step on toes and hurt feelings sometimes. It's business. Plain and simple.

I know, and it's disappointing. Better get ready to make room in that sig. It may take some extra room to type his name, y'know. ;)

Imo Hall wants two things at this stage in his career....

1 - $$$

He'll get his money regardless of where he plays

2 - To win

He won't get that with the Falcons for years if then

Rebuilding teams have a very difficult time keeping their "stars" as well as signing quality FA's (unless drastically overpaid, something we are all used too).

They must generally be patient and build slowly through the draft.

Proof is in the pudding.

- We haven't hit on the right HC/CO's in many years thus we are always starting over from basically scratch.

- Look at our FA's signed and lost over the last 5 years

- Look at our draft picks, overall, in this same time period

All three of the above should make any Falcon fan shudder!

denimjacket (2/23/2008)
Imo Hall wants two things at this stage in his career....

1 - $$$

He'll get his money regardless of where he plays

2 - To win

He won't get that with the Falcons for years if then

Rebuilding teams have a very difficult time keeping their "stars" as well as signing quality FA's (unless drastically overpaid, something we are all used too).

They must generally be patient and build slowly through the draft.

Proof is in the pudding.

- We haven't hit on the right HC/CO's in many years thus we are always starting over from basically scratch.

- Look at our FA's signed and lost over the last 5 years

- Look at our draft picks, overall, in this same time period

All three of the above should make any Falcon fan shudder!

not physical? look a my sig.....

UGA_DAWG46 (2/23/2008)
Dude give it a break. Hall doesn't fit with our new system which involve physical and athletic cornerback.

Hall:

Physical- NO

Athletic- YES

What system Dude? You have a new HC that may not be better then Petrino,TD? who in the H### is he, may be worst then Mckay.What do you know about them? NOTHING!

I know more about Hall then those guys.This time they will prove to me.You people will buy anything.

sandman (2/24/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (2/23/2008)

Hall:

Physical- NO

Athletic- YES

What system Dude? You have a new HC that may not be better then Petrino,TD? who in the H### is he, may be worst then Mckay.What do you know about them? NOTHING!

I know more about Hall then those guys.This time they will prove to me.You people will buy anything.

Are you a **** bucs fan.....no wait maybe ur a saints fan because y the F#*ck are u here

You currently have 17 mill of the cap available, you have a TO wannabe asking for 10 mil a year which would leave you with 7 mill of cap space do you:

a. Keep him and trade down from your 3rd pick in the draft because you can't afford to sign him and remove yourself from FA as well?

b. Trade him, get value for him with only one year left on the contract? Of which, the player is threatening to boycott the franchise.

hmmm that's a TOUGH choice.

Every player gets "shopped" in the last year of his/HER last year of their contract - rather than paying an exorbitant contract -lets see what's out there - makes sense- if you are in a rebuilding year.... not so much if you are a D Hall HOMER..... think about the team.... it's a smart move - THEY WEREN'T GOING TO PAY HIS SALARY DURING A REBUILDING YEAR.....

We wonder why we freakin suck, you now why its because we can't keep any freakin talent. Is D.Hall immature at times, yes, no question, but you work something out, you don't just get rid of talent like it grows on trees. Talent is hard to find, good teams draft talent and keep it, they don't trade it away for a pick that's 23 picks later in accordance to D.Hall draft pick and on top of that is something unproven.

red2play (2/24/2008)
You currently have 17 mill of the cap available, you have a TO wannabe asking for 10 mil a year which would leave you with 7 mill of cap space do you:

a. Keep him and trade down from your 3rd pick in the draft because you can't afford to sign him and remove yourself from FA as well?

b. Trade him, get value for him with only one year left on the contract? Of which, the player is threatening to boycott the franchise.

its not even like that 1st of all, 2nd we do not know how much he wants, if he wants nates money give it to him.

most of yall that hate the idea of nates money have not see his contract. the last 2 years of his contract he gets like 30mil, so just cut hall before those 2 years, and we are set.

UGA_DAWG46 (2/23/2008)

Hall:

Physical- NO

Athletic- YES

Has nothing to do with that, Hall is a great corner and is PHYSICAL, the problem is WE CANNOT AFFORD HIM. I would rather us get a awsome defensive line and decent CBs then Ok defensie line and a overpayed CB. We need the money to pay for other players not just one. A awsome defesive line will make decent cbs look great, AKA look at the giants. a OK Defensive line and one great CB, you give a QB long enough it doesn't matter how long you cover the WRs the QB will hit one. IMO. ;)

nativefalcon (2/24/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (2/23/2008)

Hall:

Physical- NO

Athletic- YES

Has nothing to do with that, Hall is a great corner and is PHYSICAL, the problem is WE CANNOT AFFORD HIM. I would rather us get a awsome defensive line and decent CBs then Ok defensie line and a overpayed CB. We need the money to pay for other players not just one. A awsome defesive line will make decent cbs look great, AKA look at the giants. a OK Defensive line and one great CB, you give a QB long enough it doesn't matter how long you cover the WRs the QB will hit one. IMO. ;)

we could resign hall, to a little more than champ, and if he does not take, then trade him. 7yr 65mil is MAX i think we should give him. and we could get Dorsey/Ellis for our Dline problems, and Maurice williams for RT problems, then draft a RG and LT. draft Velasco for Depth, because he plays both Guards, and Center.

There has been no indication of the Salary demands of Hall. If it was about money you could cut brooking and dunn and free up 15 million

we don't know who will be available in the FA now and have no indication that any of them have any interest in coming to Atlanta.

For a player like Hall there is really now way to be sure you are getting equal value. If you trade for picks there is no indication how the picks will turn out.

Ok, I'm a D-Hall fan. But what was the point of him coming out to speak about this? It just seems to me, and I know A LOT of people agree, that he wants attention. I think he is a good player, but he is an attention whore. If he wanted to stay in ATL that's cool, but to say he felt betrayed is unfounded. This is simply business. The GM and coach never set in stone he would be here next year. As much as I like D-Hall as a player, he just needs to stop crying.

BlacksburgHokie (2/23/2008)
The fact that any team was talking trade with the Falcons should have been no surprise to Hall. After all, when he recently told general manager Thomas Dimitroff he wanted to remain with Atlanta, Dimitroff said he'd still field trade offers.

At that point, Hall realized he had probably played his last game as a Falcon.

"I wanted to stay," Hall said. "I don't want to stay now. ... It's a little bit of a betrayal. I feel like these guys kind of stabbed me in the back."

http://www.nj.com/giants/ledger/index.ssf?...0970.xml&coll=1

Tbh with the controversy he created during his time here, and the lack of leadership (other than on the account of bad mouthing opponents) he has shown nothing that justify him getting marquee dolla!

He gets burned as many times as he makes the exceptional play and tbh he isnt near his full potential yet, a bit concerning from a man thats called a vet on most boards..!

chipster10 (2/24/2008)
Every player gets "shopped" in the last year of his/HER last year of their contract - rather than paying an exorbitant contract -lets see what's out there - makes sense- if you are in a rebuilding year.... not so much if you are a D Hall HOMER..... think about the team.... it's a smart move - THEY WEREN'T GOING TO PAY HIS SALARY DURING A REBUILDING YEAR.....

I get that....and half the season ticket holders aren't going to be paying a piece of their salary during a rebuilding year either.

D hall is one of my favorite falcons.

But 6 months ago he wanted out of here. He told anyone that would listen that he wanted out.

That's poor leadership skills. I'd rather not pay him a huge amount of money for the lack of production he's had the last two seasons. I'd rather trade him and get great value for him and build on top of the foundation of the team.

I love D Hall, but smart decisions are smart decisions. You trade him and bring in someone new. If we're smart we'll trade our 3rd pick down for a low first this year and next year. That gives us 4 possible first rounders in two years.