Am I the only one who is satisfied with what the team is doing?

falcons4life

I have four children. Yet I have heard more crying on this board than from all my kids combined.

Am I the only one who is pleased with the direction this team is taking?

Sure I was not thrilled with the cutting of Crumpler but football is a business not a love fest.

Now the crying has commenced over the possibility that DHall may be traded. Does anyone have any faith that the guys in the front office are privy to a bit more information than we are?

Despite Dhall's talent it appears that he doesnt fit what the team is planning on doing.

Hall is a very good CB and whether or not *I* think he is overrated or not, its the guys in the suits who watch the tape, who speak with these guys on a daily basis, and who know the attitudes of these players who make the decisions.

I am more than willing to give them a fair chance build this team as they see fit, field a team, and then actually give them a chance to create something from nothing BEFORE I jump all over them as failures.

Now the tears are welling up over the possibility of drafting Matt Ryan. He certainly is not my first choice but what do I know? Sure I have watched football for over 35 years, played in highschool, write several columns for sports websites, and even interned for a USFL team while in college....but I certainly dont have the vast knowledge and experience that TD has. I'd be willing to venture that neither does anyone else on this board.

So before you pick up your pitchforks and torches, think for a minute. Do you think that if this team drafts Matt Ryan (or any other player that your or I dont approve of) that it was done for any reason other than whats best for this team?

Trust me. These guys arent sitting in the war room thinking.."who could we draft that would ##### off the fan base." They will be guided by their skill and experience to select whom they feel will best serve this team.

I for one will stand by that decision (and the others they make, even Joe Flacco) and wait and see how it pans out before crucifying anyone. Why cant the rest of us UNITE as a fanbase and do the same?

falcons4life (2/23/2008)
I have four children. Yet I have heard more crying on this board than from all my kids combined.

Sure I was not thrilled with the cutting of Crumpler but football is a business not a love fest.

Now the crying has commenced over the possibility that DHall may be traded. Does anyone have any faith that the guys in the front office are privy to a bit more information than we are?

Despite Dhall's talent it appears that he doesnt fit what the team is planning on doing.

Hall is a very good CB and whether or not *I* think he is overrated or not, its the guys in the suits who watch the tape, who speak with these guys on a daily basis, and who know the attitudes of these players who make the decisions.

I am more than willing to give them a fair chance build this team as they see fit, field a team, and then actually give them a chance to create something from nothing BEFORE I jump all over them as failures.

Now the tears are welling up over the possibility of drafting Matt Ryan. He certainly is not my first choice but what do I know? Sure I have watched football for over 35 years, played in highschool, write several columns for sports websites, and even interned for a USFL team while in college....but I certainly dont have the vast knowledge and experience that TD has. I'd be willing to venture that neither does anyone else on this board.

So before you pick up your pitchforks and torches, think for a minute. Do you think that if this team drafts Matt Ryan (or any other player that your or I dont approve of) that it was done for any reason other than whats best for this team?

Trust me. These guys arent sitting in the war room thinking.."who could we draft that would ##### off the fan base." They will be guided by their skill and experience to select whom they feel will best serve this team.

I for one will stand by that decision (and the others they make, even Joe Flacco) and wait and see how it pans out before crucifying anyone. Why cant the rest of us UNITE as a fanbase and do the same?

Good post. You gotta remember where you are. It's a MB where people come to espouse their opinions. And it's full of fans of all kinds, including those who have favorite players. Plus it's the offseason, and a long way to go until FA and the draft are over. True, there are some on here who it just doesn't matter what the leaders do, they will p*ss & moan. But... they're still fans. I look at it more as a way of killing time until things start to happen. And actually, a lot of things ARE already happening. I don't see any of them sitting on their hands, so that's a plus.

I figure I got til I die to be a Falcons fan. I'll give them time, but I hope they are making the right decisions. And I hope they get us a SB victory before I die. The best thing about the direction they're taking? It seems to really be a different direction. Some will disagree, but it is different from the last few years anyway. That's for sure.

You gotta remember where you are. It's a MB where people come to espouse their opinions. And it's full of fans of all kinds, including those who have favorite players.

I understand that. I also understand that some people will only complain about the Falcons to other Falcon fans.

I was not a big Vick fan at all yet if someone who was not a Falcon fan talked trash about him, I defended him(pre dogfights). Inside Falcon MB's I would speak my mind.

Just seems that it has gone WAY beyond venting to fellow fans and its like a mutiny is brewing. I just think everyone needs to relax and see what develops.

A lot of us are very, VERY, different in person than here. This is a venting tool. While on here I hide behind a username and a screen but in my RL I'm a different guy. I tell you guys how I feel about whats going on negative and positive. My only problem with Ryan is that he isn't (IMHO) good enough to be ranked the top QB in the draft. If he were drafted though I'd support him just as I did when Harrington was the man, later Leftwich, later Redmon. Lets be real, I was mad when we drafted MV7 and it took a while before I jumped on board. The boards are for venting and elation. I do both equally with the same ferver. Before we drafted Anderson I kept saying that I'd take anyone besides Levi Brown and Anderson. A week after he was drafted I started doing my Falcons two step and supported him. Crying, whining, and everthing else is for here cause buddy I have 5 children and 1 on the way and let me tell you, they never see me as any other way except playful, firm, and caring. My friends know me as a bit different but overall a good guy who is fiercely loyal to my wife, family, friends (that includes my unknown MB friends...we are Legion...WE[uS]), and teams (Atlanta Falcons and my semi-pro team).

falcons4life (2/23/2008)
You gotta remember where you are. It's a MB where people come to espouse their opinions. And it's full of fans of all kinds, including those who have favorite players.

I understand that. I also understand that some people will only complain about the Falcons to other Falcon fans.

I was not a big Vick fan at all yet if someone who was not a Falcon fan talked trash about him, I defended him(pre dogfights). Inside Falcon MB's I would speak my mind.

Just seems that it has gone WAY beyond venting to fellow fans and its like a mutiny is brewing. I just think everyone needs to relax and see what develops.

Let the FO make some decent FA moves, and good draft picks and they'll all be actin' like Jimmy Buffet's shoes. ;)

I'm w/you on the Vick thing btw. I was a fan, but I would criticize him in here when I thought it was deserved. But I didn't let other teams fans talk smack about him or any of the team.

falcons4life (2/23/2008)

I have respect for anyone that chooses too find a POSITIVE in a every negative. I think a lot the people on the MB try to understand, but get caught up in a debate and won't let anything go. They hold on to their point just to create conversation, but it's a good thing.

With debate comes thinking, and that thinking creates debate and it's a vicious circle man. Keep your head up and remember bob and weave, bob and weave.

This is a venting tool. While on here I hide behind a username and a screen but in my RL I'm a different guy. I tell you guys how I feel about whats going on negative and positive.

I understand and agree. I guess I should have been more specific. It seems like its gone beyond venting with this whole "if they trade/cut/draft this person I will not buy gear or renew tickets, or support the team." Even talk about a boycott.

Its that venom that I speak of. As Falcon fans we NEED a place to vent. If we didnt we would all be in counseling for anger management.

falcons4life (2/23/2008)[hrI understand and agree. I guess I should have been more specific. It seems like its gone beyond venting with this whole "if they trade/cut/draft this person I will not buy gear or renew tickets, or support the team." Even talk about a boycott.

Its that venom that I speak of. As Falcon fans we NEED a place to vent. If we didnt we would all be in counseling for anger management.

I don't know which is worse. The vitriolic venom or the trolls. Yeah.... I think it's the trolls.

falcons4life (2/23/2008)

I'm sorry but how does Hall "not fit". He is a CB, not a offensive lineman/TE. The problem with Hall is his mouth but that fades with age. For example Owens and Moss.

Hall is a known talent, to get rid of him for a unknown is a dumb move.

falcons4life (2/23/2008)
This is a venting tool. While on here I hide behind a username and a screen but in my RL I'm a different guy. I tell you guys how I feel about whats going on negative and positive.

I understand and agree. I guess I should have been more specific. It seems like its gone beyond venting with this whole "if they trade/cut/draft this person I will not buy gear or renew tickets, or support the team." Even talk about a boycott.

If your responding about the charlestonchad thread, you got to know that guy, while he's cool. He's passionate about the falcons and sometimes let's his urge to debate, get the best of him.

Gnorts (2/23/2008)
falcons4life (2/23/2008)

I'm sorry but how does Hall "not fit". He is a CB, not a offensive lineman/TE. The problem with Hall is his mouth but that fades with age. For example Owens and Moss.

You do know he's still on the team.

I said it "appears" that he does not fit. TD and Smith have gone to great lengths to talk about character and team players. It appears that with their willingness to trade him that they feel he does not fit into the category of someone with the character they are looking for.

Again, YOU might think its dumb but I am willing to give these guys some trust and support and see how it comes out in the end.

If your responding about the charlestonchad thread, you got to know that guy, while he's cool. He's passionate about the falcons and sometimes let's his urge to debate, get the best of him

Honestly, I dont recall ever reading any of his threads. The name doesnt stand out to me.

I was speaking about the deluge of threads that share the same negativity and scorn for the new front office. Its not just one poster.

falcons4life (2/23/2008)

I have SAID a lot of things that my better mind will NOT allow. I told my son that I'd kick his A** like a grown man if he ever...whatever it was. Would I do it? Heck no! Little 7yr old is a Falcons fan and knew what Vick did and his fate before I did. ****, he wears the guys number and won't give it up because he claims that he is more deserving than Vick anyways. I say that I'm not going to spend my money on them. I got DishTV because I thought that we'd prolly black-out and maybe this could circumvent the blackout...nope, but **** I did it for them. No way would I ever do the things that I claim I would when I vent. No friggin way man.

falcons4life (2/23/2008)
No way would I ever do the things that I claim I would when I vent. No friggin way man.

Well, I hope many of the others share your ideals as well.

This team needs fans and a strong fanbase.

You're not alone in fandom. Some of thse guys really do love this team and are hurting right now. I hate to say it man, but football is very important to some of us. The Falcons for me is a sensitive subject. Five things I don't play about...My Wife, My Kids, My Money, My Freedom, and my FALCONS!!!

falcons4life (2/23/2008)

You are right,this is a business,For people who make money,

Now it's alovefest for people who pay money.

The people that pay always make the noise,that's our paying right.

I actually love what the FO is doing. Lets clean house and start over. We may have some lean upcoming years but I have been there before with this team and I am willing to go there again.

I will always be a Falcon fan no matter if they suck or not. Its part of being a true fan of a team. Not just a bandwagon fan.

Lets rebuild this team and make it a franchise that we can be proud of.