"Whispers" on NY Giants and D. Hall

xcomm

Here is one whisper from around the league:

"Don t rule out the Giants in the DeAngelo Hall trade derby. Although a deal isn t likely to happen, the Giants would be interested in the services of Hall, whose man-coverage skills would be a good fit for the team s scheme. A source with knowledge of the Giants line of thinking said the team feels that his off-field issues would not be a problem because of the team s strong leadership. "

A deal is less likely to happen because Hall burned every bridge back to Atlanta. I bet they are shooting for a 2nd rounder now. I should of known he would mess all of this up.

But I still have higher hopes for other teams! However seeing "Hall" and "man coverage" in the same sentence made me laugh. Escpecially without seeing "soft" or "non existent" in between.

xcomm (2/23/2008)
Here is one whisper from around the league:

"Don t rule out the Giants in the DeAngelo Hall trade derby. Although a deal isn t likely to happen, the Giants would be interested in the services of Hall, whose man-coverage skills would be a good fit for the team s scheme. A source with knowledge of the Giants line of thinking said the team feels that his off-field issues would not be a problem because of the team s strong leadership. "

What are the off-field issues are they are talking about?

so what's all the talk about the Giants not needing good CBs. Yeah they won the Superbowl without a top tier CB, but at least they are smart enough to understand that players of Hall's caliber are hard to come by, so why not trade for him. Smart organizations know that in order to build a good team, they need good players. Instead of getting rid of all their stars, they build around their stars. But hey, we're the Falcons. We don't know much about winning.

grendel (2/24/2008)
somecut8 (2/24/2008)
so what's all the talk about the Giants not needing good CBs. Yeah they won the Superbowl without a top tier CB, but at least they are smart enough to understand that players of Hall's caliber are hard to come by, so why not trade for him. Smart organizations know that in order to build a good team, they need good players. Instead of getting rid of all their stars, they build around their stars. But hey, we're the Falcons. We don't know much about winning.

Great CB's are the icing on the cake once you have a good team.

We don't have the cake yet.

I have asked this before and will ask this again, "how many Super Bowls has Champ Bailey won the Broncos or Redskins?"

winning will take more than one superstar CB.