Cornerback to replace Hall

UGA_DAWG46

Jonathan Zenon, Chevis Jackson, DRC, Antoine Cason, Jack Ikegwuonu. All really good CB that we can get with the suppose D. Hall pick or second or late round. Who do you want?

Personally, I like Jonathan Zenon. We can get him in the third or fourth. He would fit perfectly in Smith system. Not that fast. But very physical.

UGA_DAWG46 (2/23/2008)
I like Darren Stone at SS. I don't think J. Will will be a good SS. If we can't settle on who should be a SS, lets sign Sammy Knight. He is a great leader and can really play. We need a corner that can tackle. Flowers, DRC, Cason, and Zenon can really tackle.
In the cover 2, SS is a wee bit different. It would work fine.

UGA_DAWG46 (2/23/2008)
Cover 2 the Safety have deep third coverage and CB has basically zone coverage. Right?
Not exactly all of the time. Cover two is the basic package. There are certain calls that are made in different situations. You also have 1, 3, and 4 which makes for some serious change-ups. In the Cover 2 base package the SS and FS will at times have to cover the WR's 1 on 1 and other times this duty will in fact rotate on the CB's. This is why you need top notch hybrid CB/S DB's playing in both safety positions and aggressive, mean, and athletic CB's.

UGA_DAWG46 (2/23/2008)
Brandon Flowers, DRC, or Zenon would fit a cover 2 scheme perfectly. Which safety in the draft can be a cover 2 safety that we can get around 3rd and 4th round?
Up until now I wasn't worried about it. We were looking at (in my mind) Hall, Houston, Williams, and Stone which was nice. Now with them going in another direction we need an upgrade from Stone someway somehow. (which sucks, Stone is one of my favorite players on the team).

UGA_DAWG46 (2/23/2008)
I really like Stone too. What do you think of the idea of signing Sammy Knight? This year safety class is not that great.
Knight is reaching his Milloy days...lol. I really don't know to tell the truth. They have REALLY messed it all up in the secondary. Everything else was workable. I'd honestly try and see what Sensabaugh is worth, or maybe even make some change-ups in some way. Leaving Stone and Williams could work with Stone having that high reach and leaping ability, but whoever is at CB may have a rough year.

Legion (2/23/2008)
JRob215 (2/23/2008)
Aqib Talib would be perfect for the cover 2 defense.
What round is he going in (still don't like the idea of having a team of rookies. It only works in Madden).

So true. We will be a very young team next year. Brooking is going to be our oldest player. I don't really like Talib. He has a really good year this year. And getting hype up because Kansas had an amzing season.

UGA_DAWG46 (2/23/2008)
Legion (2/23/2008)
JRob215 (2/23/2008)
Aqib Talib would be perfect for the cover 2 defense.
What round is he going in (still don't like the idea of having a team of rookies. It only works in Madden).

So true. We will be a very young team next year. Brooking is going to be our oldest player. I don't really like Talib. He has a really good year this year. And getting hype up because Kansas had an amzing season.

Sounds like Jamaal to me. (Anderson). See, this is what I'm saying. We are not deep at all in the secondary in this year's draft. All there seems to be is a group of great OL's, good RB's, average QB's, and quite a few DL's who may or may not.

I think we are in a good situation with this year and next year draft. We can fix some of our problems on the line this year. Next year we can solve our DB and LB problems. We got James Laurinitis and Rey Mauluaga coming out at LB. One of them should be our MLB. If Asher Allen decide to come out early. He will fit as a cover 2 corner perfectly.