Pick the ticket game.

deathdawg

I am thinking Jim Webb may be the best overall pick as far as strategy goes, we could very easily take Virginia (a red state). He is also a strong military background, national security, straight talker. He could reach out to the good ole boys who have peeked out of the Bush blinders to find out the Democrats want to stay safe too, and that the Republicans created that lie to keep power.

I love Joe Biden, but he always seems to blub something and the "so right their wrong" crowd run with it.

John Edwards may have waited too long to play his cards, he may have to settle for AG.

General Wesley Clark, GOD LOVE HIM! (and I don't believe in god) He would be great for the National Security experience question, he reaches out to the intellectual crowd which Barack has done well with so far.

Kathleen Sebelius would rally our female troops after a disappointing Hillary loss, and she is really smart.

Thoughts?

I like Jim Webb alot, but 2 junior Senators on the same ticket is not as attractive as I would like.

Wesley Clark is interesting too, but never held an elected office...I don't think.

My choice right now would be Phil Bredesen, Governor of Tennessee or Ted Strickland, Governor of Ohio.

Strickland is the best pick. A realtive centrist in a key state. He actually gets a little Republican support in Ohio. The NRA has endorsed him in the past.

He is the perfect fit. Was also a U.S. Representative from Ohio for 10+ years if I am not mistaken.

Obama would be wise to select a white male christian with a democratic center record.

Obama/Strickland 2008. Sounds good to me.

BigSlick (2/23/2008)
I like Jim Webb alot, but 2 junior Senators on the same ticket is not as attractive as I would like.

Wesley Clark is interesting too, but never held an elected office...I don't think.

My choice right now would be Phil Bredesen, Governor of Tennessee or Ted Strickland, Governor of Ohio.

Strickland is the best pick. A realtive centrist in a key state. He actually gets a little Republican support in Ohio. The NRA has endorsed him in the past.

He is the perfect fit. Was also a U.S. Representative from Ohio for 10+ years if I am not mistaken.

Obama would be wise to select a white male christian with a democratic center record.

Obama/Strickland 2008. Sounds good to me.

Ahhh Strickland may be a good choice that slipped my mind, if Ohio went blue it would all be over for the [R]'s.

An Obama Clinton ticket/White House would be pretty formidable.I know she is polarizing but if you had her expertise as well as her husband's and could keep them in their place the WH would have both experience and a somewhat new outlook. It may be self defeating though as Obama wants to turn the page, so to speak, and the Clintons are the Old Way. I'd feel better about a neophyte like Obama in the WH with a couple of savy vets on hand. At 72, I wonder if McCain isn't a bit old to be starting his first term.