If Ryan is drafted, this will be the 2nd worst offseason in franchise history

I believe that if the falcons draft Ryan, they will basically be saying F you to ALL of the fans. They cut our beloved and superstar TE. They are going to let our best defender go. So in just a month they will have

1. Hired an unproven coach who hired less than stellar assistants.

2. Hired an unproven GM, virtually based on the fact he came from a good team.

3. Cut Coleman, a great pass rushing DT.

4. Cut Crumpler, one of the best TE's in the league.

5. Sent away Hall, our best defender and 2nd best CB in team history.

and possibly

6. Drafted an overrated good ol' boy QB who aside from a few comeback wins is not worthy of a 1st round pick.

By the time June rolls around, we can safely say that will end the worst 12 month streak for any team in the history of the NFL.

It's getting real hard to stay a fan. I'm not as much of a homer that I used to be, because honestly the direction we are heading can be summed up as "Hey fans, don't expect to see us to even get to 8-8 by the end of the decade, but you better buy tickets or we're not gonna let you even watch our ****** team".

I think if we draft Ryan, us fans need to protest by not buying tickets or merch.

wow, talk about being childish. They can draft who ever they want and we need to sit back and enjoy the game. You cant say he sucks without him ever playing a snap in the nfl. What if he turns out to be a great nfl qb? You really have no idea.

I will trust them to make the football choices even if some of them are questionable.

What makes you the expert on such a move? Its amazing to me how many people know so much about what is good and what is bad move by this organization.

Like a ton of folks on this board-wanna be GMs, personnel people and NFL business season experts.

Let the professionals do their jobs. Give them time. Sit back and see how things look at end of the year after their players have had a chance to play.

Consider any injuries suffered during the year, compare year to year improvement, then begin to make judgements.

This will not be a quick fix. thats whats wrong with most fans and owners. The dont have the patience to stick it out.

I trust TD and MS judgement over that of someone that sits around and vents on message boards. Their livelyhood depends on how well they do.

Wow, people seem to forget that the draft is a crapshoot, NONE of us know how this thing is gonna shake out. For all we know Ryan could become a Pro Bowl QB, and someone like Long could wash out in 3 years( Unlikely, but possible) If we do draft him, at least give the kid a chance. He's not my first pick either, but like I said, ya never know.

gadirtybird (2/23/2008)
Wow, people seem to forget that the draft is a crapshoot, NONE of us know how this thing is gonna shake out. For all we know Ryan could become a Pro Bowl QB, and someone like Long could wash out in 3 years( Unlikely, but possible) If we do draft him, at least give the kid a chance. He's not my first pick either, but like I said, ya never know.

Wrong. The Draft is not a crapshot. If it were, then top picks would be paid the same as 7th round picks. If it were a crapshot then it must just be a coinsidence that the 1st round players are more likely to be in the league in 5 years than any other round picks.

It's not that I hate Ryan, but I would hate to draft him with the 3rd overall pick. He's only projected top 10 because he has a few comeback wins. He wasn't great at the skills challenge, for a guy who is supposed to be the only 1st round QB. I will mainly hate that pick because there are so many guys that will be available that we desperately need. We could get a great OT in Long, and it would be the safest pick in the draft. McFadden would be the second safest pick. If you look at the draft history over the last decade, RB's and OT's are the most likely to live up to expectations.

If we were over .500 last year, then I wouldn't mind taking a risky pick as much, but this draft will be extremely important in our rebuilding process, so I don't think we can afford to miss on our pick as much as a team like the pats can with their 6th pick.

EataPeach (2/23/2008)

This will not be a quick fix. thats whats wrong with most fans and owners. The dont have the patience to stick it out.

Actually, it should be a quick fix. Teams rise and fall on a yearly basis. The Packers were projected at the end of the pre-season as the 31st in power rankings. 31st!!!! The Browns had either 3,4, or 5 wins last season. And with their 3rd overall pick, they chose a stellar OT. That OT ended up being one of the best in the AFC in his rookie year.

Of the top 10 picks last year, 2 helped out their teams. Thomas and AP. Both of those teams went from division worsts to playoff contenders.

Believe me, Alge Crumpler was not anywhere near one of the top TEs in the league. Coleman was good for a period, but if he's having problems with recurring injuries, then he's not worth the large sum he was being paid.

Grady Jackson, on the other hand, I thought was a bad cut.

iDash (2/23/2008)
Cutting Coleman was just plain Dumb, IMO

Ryan Shouldnt go in the Top 5,

if we pick him it will be like the Knolb pick by the Eagles and I believe they traded up too!

I'd rather watch wet paint dry than to watch Matt Ryan quarterback the team. His response to throwing so many interceptions is that "we threw it a lot and being aggressive leads to turnovers....":crazy: If YKW had said something like that, the dogs would have been the least of his worries!

I'm not against taking a qb, but with our number one pick and Hall possibly getting us another pick, we could have equal or greater value in the next few rounds.