Not sure if Posted D Hall to the Dolphins

swiftkick

Pro Bowl CB DeAngelo Hall wants out of Atlanta.

There s a chance that could land Hall in Miami, if the volatile but talented Hall gets his way.

Hall, 24, is friends with Keyshawn Johnson, and anyone who s friends with Johnson has heard about his strong feelings for Bill Parcells.

I don t know Bill Parcells at all. I know Keyshawn Johnson, talk to him 2 or 3 times a month, Hall told reporters today. Keyshawn holds Bill Parcells in high regards. If he respects that guy that much, I feel like I could get along with him.

The question is whether the feeling would be mutual.

Hall might be the fastest player in the NFL, but he also can be a powder key.

During a 27-20 loss to Carolina last September, Hall drew three penalties for 67 yards to set up a Panthers TD.

He then engaged in a verbal altercation with assistant secondary coach Joe Whitt Jr., and a heated conversation with coach Bobby Petrino. The outburst concluded when teammates pulled Hall away from Petrino.

Hall reportedly received a six-figure fine.

Hall was in Indianapolis at the scouting combine on Friday stating his case for a new home.

There likely will be many suitors, despite Hall s baggage.

The Giants reportedly are interested in trading the No. 31 pick for Hall. The Falcons will want more for one of their few stars, and the Dolphins could offer it.

The Dolphins could give the No. 1 pick in exchange for Hall and the Falcons No. 3 pick. The Falcons reportedly are interested in Boston College QB Matt Ryan, who many considered the top player in the draft, giving the Dolphins leverage.

To get Hall and the No. 3 pick, Miami also might have to sweeten the pot with another pick, possibly its second second-rounder or something.

But the real question is whether Parcells would want a player like Hall as the Big Tuna looks to rebuild the Dolphins.

Hall said new Falcons GM Tom Dimitroff, who came from New England, has told Hall he wouldn t be a good match for the Patriots.

Hall said Dimitroff told him, I wasn t that kind of fit, one of those New England fit kind of guys. I don t know if they ll take me in New England with him saying that.

And if Hall isn t a fit in New England, would he be a fit with Parcells in Miami?

Hall would give the Dolphins a top-notch CB, something their aging defense needs. He also might give them headaches.

The Falcons have said they want Hall back, but he said the chances of that are slim to none.

Hall said wherever he ends up, he ll make the team glad it signed him.

But listening to Hall, it s hard to be sure if he s coachable. Asked about the possibility of the playing for the Super Bowl-winning Giants, Hall instead chose to bring up his shaky relationship with former Falcons coach Jim Mora Jr.

People always said me and Jim Mora were best friends. That really wasn t the case, Hall said. Jim really respected me and let me play and I ran through brick walls for him, bottom line.

Any coach gets that same respect. I can t wait to give it to another coach.

why would you trade up if you want Matt Ryan? as best I can tell, nobody else in the NFL is that enamored with Ryan......he would be there at #3 - so, no real advantage - as a matter of fact, it would be worse because now you would have to pay Ryan more money......

I would do that trade if I had someone targeted that we did not think would be there at #3 overall - like Jake Long or Glen Dorsey (of course, either of these could drop to #3 overall as well).

I guess you would have to admit that the deal would be slightly better than the Giants(#31) since Dolphins 2nd rounder(#32) is only one pick behind plus you are guaranteed "whomever" your player is in the first round.....

I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to #1 pick. Don't think we need it.

There will be players at several positions of need at the #3 slot, so it doesn't really matter all that much what Miami and St Louis decide to do with their picks. We'll still end up filling a big hole.

Jake Long, Matt Ryan, Sedric Ellis, Glenn Dorsey, Darren McFadden, Chris Long...

All in all, I thin these guys have roughly equal value, with the possible exception of McFadden. Besides, do we really want to be on the receiving end of this year's #1 draft pick holdout drama? Or put that much money in a single rookie?

If you thought Falcon fans were delusional, you should see what they're saying on the Dolphins message board (My second team). I've had to pick myself up. Listen to this proposal:

We trade UP to the number one spot to select Matt Ryan.

We give up Hall and our 1st round pick, along with our second second round pick!? Is someone on crack there? Why would we even want the number one pick?

jidady (2/23/2008)
Joshua Affonso (2/23/2008)
Mark my words: If we trade up to #1, it will be to draft Glenn Dorsey.

Personally, I think that if we trade up, it's for Chris Long. I think Dorsey and him have wound up being the top 2 on our board.

i cant see us drafting long after we just traded for abe and drafted anderson.

I respectfully ask anyone who believes we're fine at DE to look up our current #4 DE. I guarantee you won't know the guy...and the fact that we've got three warm bodies at the positoin assumes we re-sign Chauncey Davis, an RFA who is not guaranteed to be back.

We're going to pick up a DE in either the draft or free agency.

WhenFalconsWin (2/23/2008)
swiftkick (2/23/2008)
Pro Bowl CB DeAngelo Hall wants out of Atlanta.

There s a chance that could land Hall in Miami, if the volatile but talented Hall gets his way.

Hall, 24, is friends with Keyshawn Johnson, and anyone who s friends with Johnson has heard about his strong feelings for Bill Parcells.

I don t know Bill Parcells at all. I know Keyshawn Johnson, talk to him 2 or 3 times a month, Hall told reporters today. Keyshawn holds Bill Parcells in high regards. If he respects that guy that much, I feel like I could get along with him.

The question is whether the feeling would be mutual.

Hall might be the fastest player in the NFL, but he also can be a powder key.

During a 27-20 loss to Carolina last September, Hall drew three penalties for 67 yards to set up a Panthers TD.

He then engaged in a verbal altercation with assistant secondary coach Joe Whitt Jr., and a heated conversation with coach Bobby Petrino. The outburst concluded when teammates pulled Hall away from Petrino.

Hall reportedly received a six-figure fine.

Hall was in Indianapolis at the scouting combine on Friday stating his case for a new home.

There likely will be many suitors, despite Hall s baggage.

The Giants reportedly are interested in trading the No. 31 pick for Hall. The Falcons will want more for one of their few stars, and the Dolphins could offer it.

The Dolphins could give the No. 1 pick in exchange for Hall and the Falcons No. 3 pick. The Falcons reportedly are interested in Boston College QB Matt Ryan, who many considered the top player in the draft, giving the Dolphins leverage.

To get Hall and the No. 3 pick, Miami also might have to sweeten the pot with another pick, possibly its second second-rounder or something.

But the real question is whether Parcells would want a player like Hall as the Big Tuna looks to rebuild the Dolphins.

Hall said new Falcons GM Tom Dimitroff, who came from New England, has told Hall he wouldn t be a good match for the Patriots.

Hall said Dimitroff told him, I wasn t that kind of fit, one of those New England fit kind of guys. I don t know if they ll take me in New England with him saying that.

And if Hall isn t a fit in New England, would he be a fit with Parcells in Miami?

Hall would give the Dolphins a top-notch CB, something their aging defense needs. He also might give them headaches.

The Falcons have said they want Hall back, but he said the chances of that are slim to none.

Hall said wherever he ends up, he ll make the team glad it signed him.

But listening to Hall, it s hard to be sure if he s coachable. Asked about the possibility of the playing for the Super Bowl-winning Giants, Hall instead chose to bring up his shaky relationship with former Falcons coach Jim Mora Jr.

People always said me and Jim Mora were best friends. That really wasn t the case, Hall said. Jim really respected me and let me play and I ran through brick walls for him, bottom line.

Any coach gets that same respect. I can t wait to give it to another coach.

I don't think this deal will ever go down it is a BS deal! If TD made this deal then we run his azz out of town on a rail! We're not moving up two picks to pick Matt sorry azz Ryan (a.k.a Alex Smith or Ryan Leaf) and giving away D. Hall in the process. Chances are we are going to get some sweet offers for our 3rd pick and for D. Hall as well.

I could see a possible trade with Dallas for their two firsts a possible 2nd or 3rd next year, and Marion Barber, in exchange for our 3rd pick this year and D. Hall!

**** THAT GIRL IN YOUR SIG IS FINE